Moonraker Point Watch

Edfellows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,
I was wondering if there's anyone else on here who's been allocated to Moonraker Point as their accommodation for the next year?
Am I the only one who thinks there's an amazingly small amount of information on this place judging by the fees they're demanding the £500 deposit they want? I mean we're not even allowed to look around before confirming it the whole thing seems so unorganised, feel like I'm being taken for a bit of a ride...
Justme!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been allocated to Moonraker too (en suite room).
Thought of the same thing actually, as I couldn't find any pictures or videos showing the actual Moonraker room. All I can find is an old picture of the building and videos of other Unite's rooms (they are probably pretty much the same).
Other than that, I believe the rooms will be fantastic, Unite has a strong tradition for providing good accommodation. You can't expect too much from a 12m^2 room though. There's only a 3/4 bed, a desk and a bathroom in there, nothing more, nothing less, so how different can it be compared to other Unite's rooms?
Cheers mate, looking forward to meeting you in September
Andrew
aplaceforflowers
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been given Moonraker Point too. At first I found the lack of pictures a bit odd - I googled it and there's just literally the same picture as on the KCL site, over and over. But since it's brand new it's likely to be pretty decent, and I'm looking on the bright side about the cluster flats because it should mean we all get to know each other really well! I think I'll prefer it to a corridor style even though Stamford Street was my first choice and that's corridors.

Oh, and since we're the formative group of moonrakers, we can start all the traditions we want, it's a clean slate! Haha
Edfellows
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Haha that is true! Despite the cost I must admit I am looking forward to it quite a lot, it should be well nice (: we're gonna have to make sure us moonraker's all meet up even if we're not in the same flats :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Rob_Phyth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We are the first generation moonrakers! I read somewhere they are assigning post grads to the halls with the job of showing us around as if they have always been there so we get the same halls experience as everyone else. It better be great at that price. :P
Rob_Phyth
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just found a picture of the communal kitchen areas at moonraker, although its on google streetview outside the building itself. better than nothing, the building is on the corner of great suffolk street and pocock street
Molade1214
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello all! I'm an international grad student and I was assigned a studio at Moonraker, my first choice yay ^_^
I completely agree with the gripes about the price. UK student housing and apartments in general are stupid expensive compared to those in the US. I got an email from a UNITE rep with some crappy cell phone pix of the rooms. They seem small, but really nice. I also wish that the communication from KCL + UNITE was more organized, but I'm hoping that everything will work itself out when we all move in
RobynL
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I'm going to be a first year med student staying at Moonraker. Really looking forward to it! Although like everyone else I'm struggling to find any information. Any ideas?
Radwa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys, I'm very happy that someone finally started this thread. really happy that the undergraduates are finally joining us the postgraduates. and because you all seem to look for information regarding Moonraker point I decided to post some info I got earlier because few weeks ago I was exactly in your shoes. Don't try to call UNITE they absolutely have no idea about the building, it cost me alot of money over these international phone calls to finally figure that out
here are some information I got from UNITE staff about Moonraker Point
1. what is the single room size? There are two room types, studios and en suite bedrooms (part of a cluster flat). The size of the studios ranges from 16m2 to 18m2. The size of the en-suite bedrooms, average size is around 12m2 but they do go up to 23m2 as there’s a few random one’s due to the shape of the building.
2.what is provided in the residence? Furniture will be provided for in the apartments. Linens and Kitchen utensils are not. However is this is something you would like provided for you please click the link as this is a service UNITE can provide - https://www.unitestudentpacks.co.uk/
3.when I should pay each installment? The first instalment is due at the beginning of September 2012 and the second mid-January 2013. Exact dates will be on the tenancy.
4. can you place me in all female apartment? With room allocation UNITE are not in control of this, this is done by Kings College Accommodation. It would be best to speak to them about this in particular
5.I heard that there are some construction work going on near the residence is this true?The only construction that is going on currently is Moonraker Point. If there are to be any construction work to go on near the accommodation legally they have to start by 9am and end at 5.30 Monday-Friday.
also some pics from the ensuite room
Name:  ShowerWC.jpg
Views: 8993
Size:  497.5 KB
Name:  Ensuite Desk.JPG
Views: 6339
Size:  470.5 KB
Name:  Ensuite Room.jpg
Views: 9941
Size:  446.9 KB
I already posted these stuff over kcl accommodation thread a while ago. anyway if you still want some more info about MP try to call 02072425720 I think this is their temporary office Number they called me from there once to complete my credit card details, or email [email protected].
hope this is useful, looking forward to meet all of you guys in September
aplaceforflowers
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for posting the photos!
Silver2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heyyya... just looked at the pictures..and was wondering we do get a wardrobe right??
cus was looking at some of the other buildings by unite.. and some of them dont while others do :/
and i really want a wardrobe!!
Mintforest
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi I'm an international student staying in moonraker as well~ just wondering will pillows and duvet be provided? I'm in the process of packing and If those are provided I won't waste my luggage space on that~
Guz2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Silver2)
Heyyya... just looked at the pictures..and was wondering we do get a wardrobe right??
cus was looking at some of the other buildings by unite.. and some of them dont while others do :/
and i really want a wardrobe!!
On the Moonraker Point info PDF, it says that both ensuite and studio rooms at Moonraker have wardrobes. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Radwa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Guz2)
On the Moonraker Point info PDF, it says that both ensuite and studio rooms at Moonraker have wardrobes. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Where is.that PDF? where can I get it from? Does it say anything about irons and kettles?
Guz2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Radwa)
Where is.that PDF? where can I get it from? Does it say anything about irons and kettles?
It should be attached to the email King's sent you inviting you to book Moonraker Point.

Apparently, 'all kitchens (including studio kitchenettes) are equipped with a hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, kettle and toaster'. So yeah, we get kettles. As for irons, it says there's an 'on-site launderette' with 'coin-operated washers & dryers' but it doesn't say anything specifically about irons.
UNITE Student Accommodation
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE, you can always message me on here if you need any help or information about Moonraker Point.
Telekasi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation)
Hi all,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE, you can always message me on here if you need any help or information about Moonraker Point.
Hi Frankie,

when can we expect to get the tenancy agreements? And will there be a specific 'moving-in' date stated on it? Or is it possible to find out this date earlier, as I need to arrange flights to London soon.

Thank you!
UNITE Student Accommodation
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Telekasi)
Hi Frankie,

when can we expect to get the tenancy agreements? And will there be a specific 'moving-in' date stated on it? Or is it possible to find out this date earlier, as I need to arrange flights to London soon.

Thank you!

Hi Telekasi,

Thanks for your message.

The team at Moonraker are currently working through the tenancy agreements as quickly as they can.

They are being processed in batches, so don’t worry if you see others have received theirs, please bear with us and you’ll receive yours shortly.

The move in dates for Moonraker Point are the 15th and 16th of September.

I hope this helps,

Enjoy your stay at Moonraker Point.

Frankie
Katjuschka
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Frankie,

As the size of the beds in the ensuite rooms was already discussed, could you tell me the size of the beds in the studios?

Also I wondered if there were irons provided in the rooms or in the launderette.

Thanks for the help, it is quite difficult to find information on the Moonraker Point features!!
Guz2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation)
Hi all,

Hi there, I was just wondering whether desk lamps are included with the room or whether we will have to provide our own?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.97%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.14%