Turn on thread page Beta

Which discoveries changed the world the most? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    oh kewl. im going to be a mormon... think of all the wedding nights
    But imagine being married to four sour old battleaxes with national geographic breasts instead of just one. Not so keen on the idea now are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    You think women have only one breast?
    No, I mean those pancake type efforts women get when they reach 80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No, I mean those pancake type efforts women get when they reach 80.
    ok, stop there mate.

ReputationRep:
    You think women have only one breast?
    Sorry.....I was slow catching on there. See what you mean now....duh!

ReputationRep:
    Maple syrup sir?
    aaaahhh images!!!

ReputationRep:
    Little did u know i can come back mwuhahahahaah(evil laugh)

ReputationRep:
    It's a type of Christian that lives in Utah and has as many wives as he wants.
    sadly they arent just limited to Utah....one is in my year at sixth form. urrghhh. they are brainwashed, we try to get her to get into religious debates but instead of listening to our opinions she doesnt listen or walks out.

ReputationRep:
    When Faraday was sceptically asked 'What use is electricity?' he answered 'What use is a new-born baby?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    sadly they arent just limited to Utah....one is in my year at sixth form. urrghhh. they are brainwashed, we try to get her to get into religious debates but instead of listening to our opinions she doesnt listen or walks out.
    Well, they started in Utah.

As a matter of fact just recently saw a threshold for the mormon church with more mormans living outside the US than inside for the first time in it's history. They are a rapidly spreading and very wealthy organization.

I don't know much about them but the one's I have met all seem "a bit odd"

ReputationRep:
    How did we live before we discovered it?
    But we were living in worse conditions then, later they started having loads of babies which increased the possibility of humans living and created more oppurtunities which then led to boffins which then worked more on maths and physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    But we were living in worse conditions then, later they started having loads of babies which increased the possibility of humans living and created more oppurtunities which then led to boffins which then worked more on maths and physics.

1. Electricity
    2. Movable-type Printing

There's probably a few mathematical inventions which had a huge impact as well (calculus?). Maybe the atomic bomb, too. Tbh, I don't think the world would be too different without antibiotics.

EDIT: I'm only counting proper, recorded break throughs, not vague 'discoveries' like 'science' or language'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    1. Electricity
    2. Movable-type Printing

There's probably a few mathematical inventions which had a huge impact as well (calculus?). Maybe the atomic bomb, too. Tbh, I don't think the world would be too different without antibiotics.

EDIT: I'm only counting proper, recorded break throughs, not vague 'discoveries' like 'science' or language'.
    Definatly the atomic bomb.

ReputationRep:
    dont know about you, but i would say fire is the most world changing discovery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    dont know about you, but i would say fire is the most world changing discovery.
    That is one of the things, but I personally think that evolution had a big impact on the world. Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    That is one of the things, but I personally think that evolution had a big impact on the world. Think about it.
    But did the "discovery" of evolution change the world?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    You might as well say that the big bang had a big impact on the world then :rolleyes:
    HAHAHA...good one!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.
    you silly fool. i even put dicovery in inverted commas. how does one discover evolution?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not on about discovery, I'm on about IMPACT.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.