The Student Room Group

University of Southampton BioSci MPhil

Hey! I'm an international student (actually recently graduated, BSc) and gonna apply for the Biological Sciences MPhil degree. Though, as much as I have read all about the publications of the research group of my interest, I'm thinking of visiting the Uni and the labs to get it clear and apply while i'm there.I just wanted to see if this sounds reasonable, I wouldn't want to be wasting my time. But I just couldn't find the contact info of the research students. So can't really ask anyone about any tips, or have a 'what's it like there' kinda conversation...Help?Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Out of interest, why are you applying for an MPhil rather than an MSc or an MRes?

Yes it's definitely reasonable to ask to visit. Do ask about what it's like but do be professional because while you're judging them they're also judging you!
Reply 2
Thank you! I'm applying for an MPhil because the research program only has that to be applied for before PhD. I'm also considering an MRes at Portsmouth. Will see once i'm there i suppose.

I wanted to visit because it may turn out to be something else than what i thought XD

Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending