Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How the **** do you sell stuff on egay I don't get it? How do you get the money off the buyer and pay the ebay seller fee? And why do they ask you to set up a direct debit to sell stuff? I want to try and sell some stuff but dont get it they could make a bit less ****ing complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cretin)
    How the **** do you sell stuff on egay I don't get it? How do you get the money off the buyer and pay the ebay seller fee? And why do they ask you to set up a direct debit to sell stuff? I want to try and sell some stuff but dont get it they could make a bit less ****ing complicated.

Its complicated to stop idiots and fraudsters selling stuff on ebay. The best way of recieving the money is from paypall.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they try their best to make it as irritating as possible..

ReputationRep:
    The direct debit is so Ebay can collect the fees from your bank account. How you get the money from your auction winner is completely up to you. I prefer bank transfers - that way there are no third person fees to pay and it's easier than a cheque.

Personally, I've always found selling on Ebay as easy as falling off a chair.

ReputationRep:
    1) You have to register a debit/credit card to a) pay your seller fees (listing fee + % of final price the object sells for)b)make everything nice and safe so that people who are banned etc can't re-register with the same card making fraud a freat deal less likely

2) eBay is based on trust, you read feedback on members to deciede who to do business with. I always deal in cheques, once a purchase is made at the end of an auction, contact is made, and payment/shipping is organised. The seller waits for payment before dispatching the object. It is very safe, and takes less than 5 minutes to set up, and maybe a bit of time to failiarise yourself - not complicated at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    The direct debit is so Ebay can collect the fees from your bank account. How you get the money from your auction winner is completely up to you. I prefer bank transfers - that way there are no third person fees to pay and it's easier than a cheque.

Personally, I've always found selling on Ebay as easy as falling off a chair.

I've figured out how to put up a few items to auction, they are up for auction now. I have also set up PayPal and specified that they can pay by cheque or bankers draft or whatever it called. How do the buyers pay using bank transfer though? Do you give them your bank details like account no etc? Wouldn't this be a bit 'dangerous' though as fraudsters could potentially have access to your bank account with these details couldn't they? It might sound a bit stupid but I'm new to ebay never bought or sold on it before. Bit worried how im going to sort out payment because i've already got a bidder for one of my items and it has met reserve. But i suppose ill jus cross that bridge when I come to it hope an hope I dont **** it up.

ReputationRep:
    I've figured out how to put up a few items to auction, they are up for auction now. I have also set up PayPal and specified that they can pay by cheque or bankers draft or whatever it called. How do the buyers pay using bank transfer though? Do you give them your bank details like account no etc? Wouldn't this be a bit 'dangerous' though as fraudsters could potentially have access to your bank account with these details couldn't they? It might sound a bit stupid but I'm new to ebay never bought or sold on it before. Bit worried how im going to sort out payment because i've already got a bidder for one of my items and it has met reserve. But i suppose ill jus cross that bridge when I come to it hope an hope I dont **** it up.
    giving away your bank details isn't really a security threat - you only need to give them your name, account number and sort code. This is the stuff that is printed on your cheques. If you are worried about not getting paid, or non-delivery check out escrow.com

ReputationRep:
    yea paypal is good, or you can always ask them to send cheques...etc. I have to say that it was much easier to sell stuff before because of less competition when it first started.

ReputationRep:
    selling is very easy, you just follow the steps.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at this website theres a song about ebay, its so funny

Just copy this : http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

Im telling u, u will love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antony)
    Have a look at this website theres a song about ebay, its so funny

Just copy this : http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

Im telling u, u will love it
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Direct Debit, Paypal, NOCHEX, Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card Mandate.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a bidding / buy and sell section on here, save fannying around with ebay.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.