This discussion is closed.
Cretin
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
How the **** do you sell stuff on egay I don't get it? How do you get the money off the buyer and pay the ebay seller fee? And why do they ask you to set up a direct debit to sell stuff? I want to try and sell some stuff but dont get it they could make a bit less ****ing complicated.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Cretin)
How the **** do you sell stuff on egay I don't get it? How do you get the money off the buyer and pay the ebay seller fee? And why do they ask you to set up a direct debit to sell stuff? I want to try and sell some stuff but dont get it they could make a bit less ****ing complicated.

Its complicated to stop idiots and fraudsters selling stuff on ebay. The best way of recieving the money is from paypall.
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes, they try their best to make it as irritating as possible..
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The direct debit is so Ebay can collect the fees from your bank account. How you get the money from your auction winner is completely up to you. I prefer bank transfers - that way there are no third person fees to pay and it's easier than a cheque.

Personally, I've always found selling on Ebay as easy as falling off a chair.
samd294
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
1) You have to register a debit/credit card to a) pay your seller fees (listing fee + % of final price the object sells for)b)make everything nice and safe so that people who are banned etc can't re-register with the same card making fraud a freat deal less likely

2) eBay is based on trust, you read feedback on members to deciede who to do business with. I always deal in cheques, once a purchase is made at the end of an auction, contact is made, and payment/shipping is organised. The seller waits for payment before dispatching the object. It is very safe, and takes less than 5 minutes to set up, and maybe a bit of time to failiarise yourself - not complicated at all!
Cretin
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
The direct debit is so Ebay can collect the fees from your bank account. How you get the money from your auction winner is completely up to you. I prefer bank transfers - that way there are no third person fees to pay and it's easier than a cheque.

Personally, I've always found selling on Ebay as easy as falling off a chair.

I've figured out how to put up a few items to auction, they are up for auction now. I have also set up PayPal and specified that they can pay by cheque or bankers draft or whatever it called. How do the buyers pay using bank transfer though? Do you give them your bank details like account no etc? Wouldn't this be a bit 'dangerous' though as fraudsters could potentially have access to your bank account with these details couldn't they? It might sound a bit stupid but I'm new to ebay never bought or sold on it before. Bit worried how im going to sort out payment because i've already got a bidder for one of my items and it has met reserve. But i suppose ill jus cross that bridge when I come to it hope an hope I dont **** it up.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've figured out how to put up a few items to auction, they are up for auction now. I have also set up PayPal and specified that they can pay by cheque or bankers draft or whatever it called. How do the buyers pay using bank transfer though? Do you give them your bank details like account no etc? Wouldn't this be a bit 'dangerous' though as fraudsters could potentially have access to your bank account with these details couldn't they? It might sound a bit stupid but I'm new to ebay never bought or sold on it before. Bit worried how im going to sort out payment because i've already got a bidder for one of my items and it has met reserve. But i suppose ill jus cross that bridge when I come to it hope an hope I dont **** it up.
giving away your bank details isn't really a security threat - you only need to give them your name, account number and sort code. This is the stuff that is printed on your cheques. If you are worried about not getting paid, or non-delivery check out escrow.com
TheWolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yea paypal is good, or you can always ask them to send cheques...etc. I have to say that it was much easier to sell stuff before because of less competition when it first started.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
selling is very easy, you just follow the steps.
Antony
Report 17 years ago
Have a look at this website theres a song about ebay, its so funny

Just copy this : http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

Im telling u, u will love it
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Antony)
Have a look at this website theres a song about ebay, its so funny

Just copy this : http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

Im telling u, u will love it
lol
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Direct Debit, Paypal, NOCHEX, Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card Mandate.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
There should be a bidding / buy and sell section on here, save fannying around with ebay.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.4%
No (76)
24.6%

Watched Threads