The Student Room Group

Question about Reading Festival

Hey, so I'm going to Reading early bird next Wednesday and I went to V festival last year but never Reading. I'm only 17 and so I will be getting alcohol before hand using someone else's ID. Also, I regularly get ID'd (like, I mean I look 17). Anyway, when went to V they were fine about taking in our own alcohol even though we looked underage... Will it be the same at Reading? Do they search you? And if you don't have ID and look underage will they take it off you?
Reply 1
Friends who went last year were all under-age and drank copious amounts of alcohol. :tongue:

<3 x
Reply 2
Original post by LETSJaM
Friends who went last year were all under-age and drank copious amounts of alcohol. :tongue:

<3 x

yeah but did they buy it there or take it with them?
Reply 3
Original post by elliee123
Will it be the same at Reading? Do they search you? And if you don't have ID and look underage will they take it off you?
They search occasionally but chances are you won't be searched. Even if you are I know people who just hid it well and it wasn't found. But if they do find it they will usually take it off you, I know people who've lost £30+ worth of alcohol that way.

Just be vigilant and you should be fine, split the alcohol with your friends so that only some of it is at risk
There'll be a massive queue to get into the festival and just before you hand over your ticket and get the wristband, there's a security and searching area. It's pretty random who they'll search and there's thousands of people passing through but it could quite easily be you. If they find alcohol and you've no ID, it'll be confiscated. Best thing to do is to put your spirits in plastic bottles and have them wrapped up in your clothes/sleeping bag. Won't be found.
Reply 5
Original post by Redolent
They search occasionally but chances are you won't be searched. Even if you are I know people who just hid it well and it wasn't found. But if they do find it they will usually take it off you, I know people who've lost £30+ worth of alcohol that way.

Just be vigilant and you should be fine, split the alcohol with your friends so that only some of it is at risk

Okay thank you!!!!!
Reply 6
If you have any friends going who are 18+ and have ID you could give it to them
Reply 7
Original post by Marlo Stanfield
There'll be a massive queue to get into the festival and just before you hand over your ticket and get the wristband, there's a security and searching area. It's pretty random who they'll search and there's thousands of people passing through but it could quite easily be you. If they find alcohol and you've no ID, it'll be confiscated. Best thing to do is to put your spirits in plastic bottles and have them wrapped up in your clothes/sleeping bag. Won't be found.

Cool, thank you! x
They don't have like bag scanners do they?

Quick Reply