fifteen years without "consciousness"

Watch
This discussion is closed.
visual123
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Everyone has to spend some of his daily life sleeping . No matter how much work he has or how he struggles to avoid it, it is inescapable that he will fall asleep and remain in bed for at leat a quater of the day.

A man is conscious only eighteen hours a day on average , he spends the remaning time - a minumum of six hours a day on average- in complete unconsciousness. When assessed fomr the stanpoint, we come across a striking picture: one quater of an average 60 years of life is spent in total unconsciousness.

Do we then have an alternative to sleep? what would happen to someone who said " i do not want to sleep"
Similarly to death, just before sleep the body starts to become insensitive tot he outer world and gives no respons to any stimulas. The body reduces all functions to a minimum, leading to disorientation in place and time slower body movements. This is divined as the stae where the soul leaes the body.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so us ladies are ok then are we?
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sleeping is one of my favourite hobbies. I hate waking up at 6.30 am in the morning for sixthform
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Sleeping is one of my favourite hobbies. I hate waking up at 6.30 am in the morning for sixthform
hehe - i get up at 7.45 am to drop my sisters to school by car - better than the old days of 5 am at least btw dazya is making me sick
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by visual123)
Everyone has to spend some of his daily life sleeping . No matter how much work he has or how he struggles to avoid it, it is inescapable that he will fall asleep and remain in bed for at leat a quater of the day.

A man is conscious only eighteen hours a day on average , he spends the remaning time - a minumum of six hours a day on average- in complete unconsciousness. When assessed fomr the stanpoint, we come across a striking picture: one quater of an average 60 years of life is spent in total unconsciousness.

Do we then have an alternative to sleep? what would happen to someone who said " i do not want to sleep"
Similarly to death, just before sleep the body starts to become insensitive tot he outer world and gives no respons to any stimulas. The body reduces all functions to a minimum, leading to disorientation in place and time slower body movements. This is divined as the stae where the soul leaes the body.
wow. thats quite scary....im wasting my life sleeping!!!! plus, lots of people sleep longer than 6hrs....oh the sundays ive wasted in bed, however its SUCH a good hobby....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (147)
24.66%
Better than expected (129)
21.64%
Worse than expected (320)
53.69%

Watched Threads