Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has to spend some of his daily life sleeping . No matter how much work he has or how he struggles to avoid it, it is inescapable that he will fall asleep and remain in bed for at leat a quater of the day.

A man is conscious only eighteen hours a day on average , he spends the remaning time - a minumum of six hours a day on average- in complete unconsciousness. When assessed fomr the stanpoint, we come across a striking picture: one quater of an average 60 years of life is spent in total unconsciousness.

Do we then have an alternative to sleep? what would happen to someone who said " i do not want to sleep"
    Similarly to death, just before sleep the body starts to become insensitive tot he outer world and gives no respons to any stimulas. The body reduces all functions to a minimum, leading to disorientation in place and time slower body movements. This is divined as the stae where the soul leaes the body.

ReputationRep:
    so us ladies are ok then are we?

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping is one of my favourite hobbies. I hate waking up at 6.30 am in the morning for sixthform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Sleeping is one of my favourite hobbies. I hate waking up at 6.30 am in the morning for sixthform
    hehe - i get up at 7.45 am to drop my sisters to school by car - better than the old days of 5 am at least btw dazya is making me sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visual123)
    Everyone has to spend some of his daily life sleeping . No matter how much work he has or how he struggles to avoid it, it is inescapable that he will fall asleep and remain in bed for at leat a quater of the day.

A man is conscious only eighteen hours a day on average , he spends the remaning time - a minumum of six hours a day on average- in complete unconsciousness. When assessed fomr the stanpoint, we come across a striking picture: one quater of an average 60 years of life is spent in total unconsciousness.

Do we then have an alternative to sleep? what would happen to someone who said " i do not want to sleep"
    Similarly to death, just before sleep the body starts to become insensitive tot he outer world and gives no respons to any stimulas. The body reduces all functions to a minimum, leading to disorientation in place and time slower body movements. This is divined as the stae where the soul leaes the body.
    wow. thats quite scary....im wasting my life sleeping!!!! plus, lots of people sleep longer than 6hrs....oh the sundays ive wasted in bed, however its SUCH a good hobby....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.