The Student Room Group

My Girlfriend is being bullied?? what should i do????

She goes to college and studies childcare and i go to university so im away quite a bit and over the past yr shes told me tht a few girls on the group dont like her. Shes made it throughh her 1st yr and some of the girls have left but one is still there and she has made it clear that she does not like my gf, and my gf is scared.

I feel helpless being a guy, i cant excactly go and do something physical so i sent this girl a fb msg telling her tht if she does anything ten il come to college and deal wiv it such as inform a teacher and i now feel as if ive made it worse by interfering but i couldnt help it, my gf dosent know tht i sent the msg, i love her so much and to hear her say tht shes being picked on, she has confidence issues already and i cant stand to see her suffer because some girl dosent like her.

What should i do???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should speak to the bully face to face!

Honestly, it doesn't matter if she is a girl or a boy. But being a bully is bad enough, i hate bully's, obviously you cant punch her in the face... So i was you, i would go there and speak to her, make her scared of you, if she is fat, call her fat etc.. I know its bad, but if shes a bully..... then just go full force on her.

Teach her a lesson that she will never forget.
Good luck brah
Reply 2
Inform her teacher.
Reply 3
You're a good man for trying to help her. +1
Good guy for trying to help her, but honestly it's a battle that she has got to face on her own. She has got to inform someone herself and do something about it on her own. You can encourage her and signpost her, but until she gets the confidence to do something about it then the bullies will always be there. Sometimes it's just about standing tall, being confident and ignoring them and then they get bored, but if things are getting serious and annoying then she'll have to do something.

I wouldn't call her stuff and make it worse. Bullies like attention. By calling her names like fat and ugly and reacting to it in rage you are just pouring petrol on the fire

Sometimes it's best to go though the official channels first to see if you have any joy. I assume there is an anti-bullying policy at this college and an equal opportunities policy too. If the bullying is racial or is based on any disability she has then the college will obviously take that very seriously (I hope). Most (if not all) colleges should take this sort of thing seriously if she goes to the right person and says she is being bullied. Is there a councelling service available?

Courses like Childcare are infamous for bitching btw.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
hmmmm... Some people will say that it's offensive when guys stick up for girls as if they can't look after themselves, but on the other hand some think it's an amazing thing that boyfriends are there to protect and look after their girlfriend when she runs into hard times.

I agree with the latter ^^ There is nothing nicer or more attractive for girls than being stuck up for by their boyfriend :smile: A face-to-face talk would be the best thing, but nothing physical. Good man (:
Original post by Keznbiccy
hmmmm... Some people will say that it's offensive when guys stick up for girls as if they can't look after themselves, but on the other hand some think it's an amazing thing that boyfriends are there to protect and look after their girlfriend when she runs into hard times.

I agree with the latter ^^ There is nothing nicer or more attractive for girls than being stuck up for by their boyfriend :smile: A face-to-face talk would be the best thing, but nothing physical. Good man (:

In most cases it just makes things worse. Boyfriends and friends interfering in the wrong way just creates a war and I assume that most people aren't qualified youth workers/councellors/etc. The bully thinks your girl got her crew on her and the bully gets her crew on your girl, etc.

In this situation she's got to do something about it herself. You're going to get bitches in loads of situations. The Childcare and Education industry is pretty bitchy so how is she gonna survive if she can't deal with these wastes of space?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
stab her. kill her. chop off her had.
Get a female mate to kick the **** out of her? Threaten to kick the **** out of a male member of her family?

Or just inform the relevant person(s) at her college and then possibly the police if it becomes harassment.
Screw it... Hire the mafia/local mob. They could kick in her parents, beat her to near death at the school gates or kill her pet cat and put it in her bed as a threat
Reply 10
Original post by jblackmoustache
In most cases it just makes things worse. Boyfriends and friends interfering in the wrong way just creates a war and I assume that most people aren't qualified youth workers/councellors/etc. The bully thinks your girl got her crew on her and the bully gets her crew on your girl, etc.

In this situation she's got to do something about it herself. You're going to get bitches in loads of situations. The Childcare and Education industry is pretty bitchy so how is she gonna survive if she can't deal with these wastes of space?

I guess so :O

it's hard to deal with something nicely when it's so close to home. It's a shame that anyone should have to deal with it, but it's really hard for one girl to stop a group of girls being bitchy on her own :frown: Just seems cruel and that's how alot of really horrible girls get their kicks.
My girlfriend felt bullied in halls by her flatmates so I put a huge post on a group that everybody was in utterly humiliating and embarrassing said bullies and they quit it. Words can be powerful.
Reply 12
Original post by Mrx123
She goes to college and studies childcare and i go to university so im away quite a bit and over the past yr shes told me tht a few girls on the group dont like her. Shes made it throughh her 1st yr and some of the girls have left but one is still there and she has made it clear that she does not like my gf, and my gf is scared.

I feel helpless being a guy, i cant excactly go and do something physical so i sent this girl a fb msg telling her tht if she does anything ten il come to college and deal wiv it such as inform a teacher and i now feel as if ive made it worse by interfering but i couldnt help it, my gf dosent know tht i sent the msg, i love her so much and to hear her say tht shes being picked on, she has confidence issues already and i cant stand to see her suffer because some girl dosent like her.

What should i do???

yea u've just made ur girlfriend look like she can't handle her own problems and therefore made her look weaker.

u need to let ur girlfriend get over this her self. u cant go saving her for the rest of her life.

its like a child. if u keep picking it up after it falls down it will never learn to pick its self up
Reply 13
Original post by ToastyCoke
My girlfriend felt bullied in halls by her flatmates so I put a huge post on a group that everybody was in utterly humiliating and embarrassing said bullies and they quit it. Words can be powerful.

Please for the love of God tell me more about it!
Reply 14
Ur rite, i guess i did make her seem weak by defending her but shes been so much in her life tht i didnt want her to suffer anymore and ive told my gf about the msg, she seems to be fired up about it, happy tht someone stood up for her for once and says shel handle it by herself but is happy tht im there :smile: i guess the msg did something for her confidence if anything but i cant always be there to protect her but i can be there wen shes wants a gd talk and a hug :smile:

Reply 15
Original post by Mrx123

What should i do???

Have you ever seen Taken? Just go about throwing massive punches!
Since when is someone not liking you considered bullying?
Reply 17
Original post by jblackmoustache
Screw it... Hire the mafia/local mob. They could kick in her parents, beat her to near death at the school gates or kill her pet cat and put it in her bed as a threat

Ha, I like how you gradually came to this after all those rational responses:cool:

But seriously, I have to agree with you on the Childcare industry. From what i've been told, it really is a bitch/bully nesting ground. I've heard many horror stories from that industry
Reply 18
Bullies will often be scared of someone more intimidating than themselves. If you think you are that person having a 'word' may help.

However id get your gf to report them tbh , she doesnt have to deal with that ****. Theres a college by me that actually kicks people out for bullying, hope hers is the same :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Mrx123

What should i do???

Original post by ToastyCoke

You two are both awesome boyfriends. :smile: