Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Peeps,

A friend of mine is a finalist in a the Virgin Student Big Red House competition. This is a national competition with over 28,000 entrants, the winner of which will have their rent paid for them and their housemates for next year.

All she has to do to win is get more votes from everyone else, that is where you come in!

Go to http://www.thebigredhouse.co.uk and click on Carla's picture and vote for her, you also get the chance to win iPods if you do so its win-win!!

This is her:

Thanks soooooo much!

Joe
    Ô¿Ô
    xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoNemesis)
    Hey Peeps,

A friend of mine is a finalist in a the Virgin Student Big Red House competition. This is a national competition with over 28,000 entrants, the winner of which will have their rent paid for them and their housemates for next year.

All she has to do to win is get more votes from everyone else, that is where you come in!

Go to www.thebigredhouse.co.uk and click on Carla's picture and vote for her, you also get the chance to win iPods if you do so its win-win!!

This is her:

Thanks soooooo much!

Joe
    Ô¿Ô
    xXx
    hey im from ex aswell, and word has spread about carla!

ive voted!

ReputationRep:
    it looks like the propoganda is working... she's in first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it looks like the propoganda is working... she's in first place
    please vote for her, someone i know is also in her house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    please vote for her, someone i know is also in her house
    Who be that? I know them all too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoNemesis)
    Who be that? I know them all too!
    hannah, she is on my gf floor.

ReputationRep:
    How do they measure the amount of votes? As by ip numbers? Otherwise people can vote twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    How do they measure the amount of votes? As by ip numbers? Otherwise people can vote twice.
    they probably do it through your email address, but you could always vote through multiple addresses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    they probably do it through your email address, but you could always vote through multiple addresses.
    But I voted without an email address ?!?

And also this is talking about big money, the student would be desperate enough to spend days just to get the award though, signing up new accounts. I eman I would do this, probably save a hellva lot of money, as well as help from the housemates as well, as they have their benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    But I voted without an email address ?!?
    Really? they made me give my address.....
    And also this is talking about big money, the student would be desperate enough to spend days just to get the award though, signing up new accounts. I eman I would do this, probably save a hellva lot of money, as well as help from the housemates as well, as they have their benefits.
    I suppose so, it is a good way to make money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Really? they made me give my address.....

I suppose so, it is a good way to make money.
    Votes = Dough

ReputationRep:
    Wait a mo, I tried again, and now it asks for my email details. Last time it just took me to the voting screen again.

I still think if the coders are anything up to it they would do it by ip addresses. Like the adsense clicks, ie you can't repeatidly click on the adverts so that they pay you more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Wait a mo, I tried again, and now it asks for my email details. Last time it just took me to the voting screen again.

I still think if the coders are anything up to it they would do it by ip addresses. Like the adsense clicks, ie you can't repeatidly click on the adverts so that they pay you more.
    but you could just get a new ip address through dialup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    but you could just get a new ip address through dialup
    That would take longer and more hassle than registering for new email addresses. Also this might exclude the students themselves from doing something dodgy, as they have the uni ip don't they? So they can't real;ly change their ip.

ReputationRep:
    Bumpage!

ReputationRep:
    I would vote... if the stupid site didn't require flash (ughh!).

ReputationRep:
    I would vote if they didn't want my email, phone number and measurements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I would vote if they didn't want my email, phone number and measurements.
    They go over the top don't they with requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    That would take longer and more hassle than registering for new email addresses. Also this might exclude the students themselves from doing something dodgy, as they have the uni ip don't they? So they can't real;ly change their ip.
    to get a new ip address on dial up, u just disconnet and and reconnect, you get assigned a new ip address by the isp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    to get a new ip address on dial up, u just disconnet and and reconnect, you get assigned a new ip address by the isp
    I know that, but it takes a bit of a long time compared with registering for a nerw email address.

And also sudnets don't often have dialups, surely they use the universities' ip as form the same network

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.