Turn on thread page Beta

The Big Red House Competition watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I know that, but it takes a bit of a long time compared with registering for a nerw email address.

And also sudnets don't often have dialups, surely they use the universities' ip as form the same network
    won't it show that all students from the same uni have the same ip address (the proxy address)? they will have different ip address on the network, but they connect to the internet via the same proxy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    won't it show that all students from the same uni have the same ip address (the proxy address)? they will have different ip address on the network, but they connect to the internet via the same proxy
    Thats what I meant.

Thats why I think one fo my friends site's advertisers was refusing him money as all the clicks came form one ip address, his school's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Thats what I meant.

Thats why I think one fo my friends site's advertisers was refusing him money as all the clicks came form one ip address, his school's
    oh ok, they might phone up some people to check that they are legitimate votes, i dont think they do it on ip address

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.