Watch
This discussion is closed.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I know that, but it takes a bit of a long time compared with registering for a nerw email address.

And also sudnets don't often have dialups, surely they use the universities' ip as form the same network
won't it show that all students from the same uni have the same ip address (the proxy address)? they will have different ip address on the network, but they connect to the internet via the same proxy
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
won't it show that all students from the same uni have the same ip address (the proxy address)? they will have different ip address on the network, but they connect to the internet via the same proxy
Thats what I meant.

Thats why I think one fo my friends site's advertisers was refusing him money as all the clicks came form one ip address, his school's
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Thats what I meant.

Thats why I think one fo my friends site's advertisers was refusing him money as all the clicks came form one ip address, his school's
oh ok, they might phone up some people to check that they are legitimate votes, i dont think they do it on ip address
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (68)
49.64%
No they should not (54)
39.42%
Abstain (15)
10.95%

Watched Threads