The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene/therapy Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Btw someone mentioned they are travelling from West Midlands. Here's a little tip, if you're going by train from Birmingham then it's cheaper to get a Birmingham-Derby return and Derby-Sheffield return, than it is to get a Birmingham-Sheffield return ticket.

If your interview is later in the morning, you could even get a cheaper ticket by selecting Derby-Sheffield return OFF-PEAK ticket.

**thumbs up**
Reply 21
Hey Thanku,

Medi and kp5555

hi Medi, I send the application on the start date of the acceptance. I have only applied to sheffield and Leeds.
thanks
Reply 22
I sent my Leeds application today, they should recieve it by the deadline.
Reply 23
Good luck!
Reply 24
Original post by Rashupravi
Good luck!

Thanks.

Less than 2 weeks!!! How is every1s prep going?
Reply 25
Not really done anything yet apart from booked a hotel in Sheffield! Need to get a move on!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 26
Got an email reply frm Leeds confirming they will be considering my application for 2013 and that interviews are in Feb/March so should expect something in new year.
Reply 27
Has anyone prepared for their interview next week at Sheffield? How are you preparing? I'm so nervous!

Reply 28
Hey Medi, I got an email too from Leeds.

Hey gals how is preparation going on?
I am just googling :confused:
Reply 29
I have no idea what to prep? What could possibly be asked in 15 mins? :/

Reply 30
Yes Matstu, we cant really predict how its going to be, i think they just want to know our personality, our desire to do the course and our interests. Good luck gals! Only 2 to 3 days to go. Gals who have interview on tuesday and wednesday please help to know how the interview went.
Best wishes to everyone.
Reply 31
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Hey kp5555, waiting to hear from u n I hope you did well.
i am very very nervous, share your experiences. Waiting to hear from you.
Reply 33
Just this minute came out! Man I was so nervous shaking and everything...but it wasn't that bad. They have a set list of questions they will ask you and they will both ask 5 each then give you a chance to ask any questions at the end. Felt like I was only in there for 5 minutes!

Reply 34
Hey, I think u have done well. Good, can I know wat questions did they ask u. Please...
Thanx for replying back, many thanks. And did u ask any questions at end? I am very nervous too now.
Reply 35
They will ask why u want to do this course, why Sheffield, why you would make a good therapist, make sure you understand the roles of a therapist and hygienist.
Good luck

Reply 36
Just had mine. They were really friendly, put me at ease.. Said shud send letters by end of november.

I've just been thinking and trying to recall my answers and there are two questions for definite I tihnk I gave really vague ideas, it just struck me now that I answered one question with a broad answer when I could and should have spoken about a very specific issue. Just felt like I waffled on, felt like I was repeating myself on a number of occassions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Hey thanku very much guys for your reply and help.
Myinterview went well, i just didnt thank them at the end, would that make any difference in my performance?
Reply 38
I feel exactly the same...I didn't know what to say to some of the questions and blabbed on about stupid stuff!! Ahh well good luck to us all let us know when you hear from them!

Reply 39
Have any of you guys applied anywhere else? If not successful at Sheffield ill apply for Liverpool and Teesside

Quick Reply

Latest