The Student Room Group

Biology/ biological sciences applicants for 2013 entry

Hey all :hi:

This is the thread for hopful biologists- there are already threads on biochemistry, neuroscience and zoology so I thought it was time for us to have one :biggrin:

Here we can discuss all things biology, UCAS and general things :yep:

Let's get this cycle rolling!

OFFERS ARTICLE http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Biology_Offers_2013
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where are you fellow biology applicants :puppyeyes:
Reply 2
I'm applying for Zoology and Biological Sciences at UEA if that counts :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by itsjordan
I'm applying for Zoology and Biological Sciences at UEA if that counts :smile:

:woo: Finally someone :biggrin:

I'm applying to UEA as well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lilGem
:woo: Finally someone :biggrin:

I'm applying to UEA as well :smile:

Haha don't worry there aren't too many Zoology applicants on tsr either :P

I'm not 100% sure if I'm applying for Biological Sciences aswell but I'm looking in to it. Have you started on your ps?
Reply 5
Haha don't worry there aren't too many Zoology applicants on tsr either :P

I'm not 100% sure if I'm applying for Biological Sciences aswell but I'm looking in to it. Have you started on your ps?

I've seen about 2 other biologists on the stalking pages and that's it :sad:

I've finished my personal statement :woo: how far are you with yours?
Reply 6
Original post by lilGem
I've seen about 2 other biologists on the stalking pages and that's it :sad:

I've finished my personal statement :woo: how far are you with yours?

I haven't even started! How long did it take you?
Reply 7
I haven't even started! How long did it take you?

I started a fortnight before the holidays, worked on it solidly (bar a week) and finished it yesterday with 17 drafts :eek:
I'm hoping to do this is a couple of years time!
Reply 9
Original post by lilGem
I started a fortnight before the holidays, worked on it solidly (bar a week) and finished it yesterday with 17 drafts :eek:

Oh.. oops maybe I should've started then :P But too be fair I was planning to do Vet med but I was waiting for my results to see if I COULD do it, but AS was too low :frown: I might do it as a graduate... but i'm starting to like the idea of working in conservation.
Reply 10
Oh.. oops maybe I should've started then :P But too be fair I was planning to do Vet med but I was waiting for my results to see if I COULD do it, but AS was too low :frown: I might do it as a graduate... but i'm starting to like the idea of working in conservation.

I just want to send of my UCAS as soon as I can, so hopefully within the first week back :biggrin:

One of my friends (who just started a gap year) will be going to Exeter on the Cornwall campus to do zoology :smile:

Which unis are you looking at? :smile:
Original post by lilGem

Hi I'm an applicant :elefant:
Just started my PS today .wish I had your motivation!
Reply 12
Original post by lilGem
I just want to send of my UCAS as soon as I can, so hopefully within the first week back :biggrin:

One of my friends (who just started a gap year) will be going to Exeter on the Cornwall campus to do zoology :smile:

Which unis are you looking at? :smile:

Exeter - Zoology
QMUL - Zoology
Manchester - Zoology
Leeds - Zoology
Glasgow MAYBE - Zoology
UEA - Biological Sciences

I REALLY want to go to Nottingham to do Zoology but I don't think I'll get the predicted grades I need. If I get ABB predicted grades do you think it's worth applying? (Notts asks for AAB)

Which unis you looking at?
Reply 13
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo
Hi I'm an applicant :elefant:
Just started my PS today .wish I had your motivation!

:hi:

Which universities are you looking at? :biggrin:
Reply 14
Exeter - Zoology
QMUL - Zoology
Manchester - Zoology
Leeds - Zoology
Glasgow MAYBE - Zoology
UEA - Biological Sciences

I REALLY want to go to Nottingham to do Zoology but I don't think I'll get the predicted grades I need. If I get ABB predicted grades do you think it's worth applying? (Notts asks for AAB)

Which unis you looking at?

It's worth a shot :yep:

I'm looking at Exeter :love: Sheffield, UEA, QUB and Oxford Brookes :smile:

(I already have 2 A-levels at BB exc. general but I'm resitting econ3 for the A) :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by lilGem
It's worth a shot :yep:

I'm looking at Exeter :love: Sheffield, UEA, QUB and Oxford Brookes :smile:

(I already have 2 A-levels at BB exc. general but I'm resitting econ3 for the A) :redface:

Are you going to study Biology or Biological Sciences? What did you get for your AS results (if you don't mind me asking)?
Original post by lilGem
:hi:

Which universities are you looking at? :biggrin:

Oxford, Bristol, Imperial are my top three and am still looking at others,maybe Exeter/Sheffield :smile:
Reply 17
Are you going to study Biology or Biological Sciences? What did you get for your AS results (if you don't mind me asking)?

Biological sciences (or Biology at Sheffield) My AS results are best left unsaid- I'm doing a third year due to illness but my results were BBBb which should go up to AAABbb-AABBab by the time I finish college :yep:
Reply 18
How come I've only just found this thread?! I had the impression from TSR and school that I'd be the only one applying for Biological Sciences haha. Has everyone done their PS and made their choices etc?
Reply 19
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo

Oxford, Bristol, Imperial are my top three and am still looking at others,maybe Exeter/Sheffield :smile:

Ah one of my friends is applying to those for the same course :smile:

Exeter and Sheffield are my top choices :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending