The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ainat87
yea, i wish we cud use attachments too.... i don't think what i've done worked.... i don't think the writings come out clear enough... if it hasn't let me know and i'll try again.

i didn't do gcse psychology either...

I printed it off and the writing came out fine
~Sam~
I have a diagram like that but yours is more detailed so its helps thanks :smile:. I think your teacher must have been reading from that textbook that lesson! I've tried to give you rep but I duno if it worked. It said it did...

I don't suppose you know anything about the Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis? Or is it the same kinda thing?

the left side of my diagram is the Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. i just spelt it wrong.... lol. sry....

thanks for the rep! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Ok I have to go now but thank you soooooo much for your help! :smile:
Reply 23
I did Stress for AS Psychology as well and got in a right flap about it because I hate biology type things! Anyway, a lot of the textbooks go into great detail with regards to the functioning of the various brain centres involved in the body's response to stress. My tutor told me that such exhaustive detail wouldn't be required in the exam and that I just needed to be able to name the main structures and briefly describe their functions. I made very brief revision notes and anything that I could make into a diagram, I did, with bright colours. Do this quite a while before the exam and then leave the diagram in a place where you'll see it regularly (e.g on desk). This is what I did and I came out with an A so it worked for me. Hope this helps :smile: (BTW I've still got all my notes for that exam so if there's anything else you need a bit of help on, feel free to ask.)
~Sam~
Ok I have to go now but thank you soooooo much for your help! :smile:

thats ok! good luck with everything! if u need help any time in the future look me up! :smile:
Reply 25
~Sam~
I've got the Eyseneck textbook and it does explain it, only using very long and complicated words and sentences. I think the book assumes having an ok knowledge of biology which i don't have (due to having the most crap teacher in the world for GCSE). Thanks for trying to help anyway. Grrr to all those people who say psychology is easy!

i know how u feel. im useless at the biology stuff and i found stress really hard at AS. luckily i got an ok mark on that paper and so can look back on it and smile.

my tips basically - dont just stick to the textbook, look in other textbooks, and read around a bit about the topic. ull find it helps because it will put it in different ways.
Reply 26
~Sam~
I have a diagram like that but yours is more detailed so its helps thanks :smile:. I think your teacher must have been reading from that textbook that lesson! I've tried to give you rep but I duno if it worked. It said it did...

I don't suppose you know anything about the Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis? Or is it the same kinda thing?

hi ya

nice bit of explaining ainat87 :smile:
sam it wud b jst arnd the same ......

adrenal gland is divided into 2-parts adrenal medulla n adrenal cortex ...pituitary affects the cortex n ANS affects the medulla.

when a stressor enters a body the hypothalamus triggers the action of pituitary gland, in turn pituitary releases hormones innto the blood streamone of tis hormone is ACTHwhich travels to the adrenal cortex and stimulates the release of corticosteroids intot the blood stream....these hormones have different effect on the body and play a vital role in stress response.

in short the way i revised my stress responses

Stress
|
Hypothalamus
|
Pituitary gland
ACTH>|
Adrenal cortex
|<corticosteroids
Metabolic effects on body

Stress
|
hypothalamus
|
ANS
|
Adrenal medulla
|
Adrenaline /nor-adrenaline in the
Blood stream

with ANS u have to look at the branch which is activated the 1 i wrote down is sympathetic branch i guess...
long reply hope tis helps
cheers :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending