ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    did you get it finished blissy?

MB
    Still doing it.

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

Come on Blissy you can do it
    Put a little effort to it! (Old netball chant, and we always won!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Full term here ends a week on Saturday, but my exams start a week on Thursday. Som eyears they run into 9th week, some years not. This year they don't. OIn a way I would prefer it if they did because at least it would mean I would actually get some revision time, but I literally get none at all :eek:

Good luck next week, Hildabeast. I have a daughter a fresher at Oxford in a joint school and I know the pressure you can be under with two essays every week. At least she doesn't have prelims until next term. Keep looking forward! You'll get through them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violagrrl)
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

Come on Blissy you can do it
    Put a little effort to it! (Old netball chant, and we always won!)

<psyches herself up, shakes head around ROcky-style>

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do
    de-de-deeeeee-de-de-deeee...
    (stop me, someone)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    <psyches herself up, shakes head around ROcky-style>

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do
    de-de-deeeeee-de-de-deeee...
    (stop me, someone)

Stop!

Good luck with the essay dearie... one week left, one week left...

ReputationRep:
    finished - and now I suddenly feel awake! One week left - woooooo hoo!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done Now go sleep!

Not that I need to tell an arts student that

ReputationRep:
    How goes it, Hildabeast?
    IT GOES FINE!!! Turns out I got a FIRST for that essay I was stressing about - woohoo!!! Life seems a bit rosier now. How goes it wid you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthmother)
    Good luck next week, Hildabeast. I have a daughter a fresher at Oxford in a joint school and I know the pressure you can be under with two essays every week. At least she doesn't have prelims until next term. Keep looking forward! You'll get through them.
    Thank you earthmother
    Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    finished - and now I suddenly feel awake! One week left - woooooo hoo!
    One week left for some people :mad: We have to keep going till next Friday, and we have exams that day Crap exams too, which I'm going to fail. Am annoyed - they could put my anatomy steeplechase next week and I would pass it (except, obviously for bits we haven't done yet) but these things, I don't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that everyone's method of coping with exam and essay stress is to waste time hanging around on message boards.

Now I know what to do when I'm at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    Why is it that everyone's method of coping with exam and essay stress is to waste time hanging around on message boards.

My excuse is that loads of my revision notes and stuff are either on my computer or on the web, so I'm technically working while I'm on my computer, and I just pop in here occasionally to see how things are going and to prevent my brain from melting. At least, that's what I tell myself :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've just found my college Access card (which has been lost for about a week, but turned up under my bed 5 mins ago), so I can finally go to the library and do some serious proper work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Anyway, I've just found my college Access card (which has been lost for about a week, but turned up under my bed 5 mins ago), so I can finally go to the library and do some serious proper work!
    I can see myself doing this - I can never find things when I look for them. Apparently it's because you have a mental image of what the object should look like, but if it's upside down or at an angle it doesn't look the same so you miss it.

Good luck with all your exams and essays. The thing I'm not looking forward to is the 9 am lectures 6 days a week that the 1st year Physcics Nat Scis at Cambridge apparently have.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with all your exams and essays. The thing I'm not looking forward to is the 9 am lectures 6 days a week that the 1st year Physcics Nat Scis at Cambridge apparently have.
    Hehehe, yes you do. Even on Saturdays, hehehe Some bod running for CUSU is campaigning against Saturday lectures, but a)don't know if they'll get elected and b) doubt anything will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Yuo guys are filling me with enthusiasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hehehe, yes you do. Even on Saturdays, hehehe Some bod running for CUSU is campaigning against Saturday lectures, but a)don't know if they'll get elected and b) doubt anything will happen.

Campaigning against Saturday lectures? Really? lol. No way, Jose - they couldn't fit the course in, we're busy enough as it is!

Sorry for scaring you, Suzy - it's just that part of the term... We all want to wind down and they keep setting us work, evil sods

PS Helenia - really good luck for the exam! My medic friend was being very scathing about medical sociology this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    PS Helenia - really good luck for the exam! My medic friend was being very scathing about medical sociology this morning
    Yeah, tis all crap really. All bleeding obvious, but we have to write essays about it.

ReputationRep:

It’s a good way of procrastinating, and much more comforting to know that someone else is going through the same crap...
    i need to finish an english essay ... so boring...so tired and so havent even started!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    It’s a good way of procrastinating, and much more comforting to know that someone else is going through the same crap...
    i need to finish an english essay ... so boring...so tired and so havent even started!

Yeah... I'm supposed to be in the library doing maths and chemistry... but, you know, I have to check here in case someone here is in desperate need of advice! It could be really important

OK, I guess I should really go back now

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.