Which UK universities are rivals? Watch

studyworm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Okorange)
I'm at St Andrews and there is not rivalry. Rivalry does not necessarily have to be because they are of equal standing or ranking as unis.

The biggest rivalry and most talked about is St Andrews vs Dundee and mostly just involves St Andrews trashing Dundee when they are drunk.
Kind of silly, as Dundee is a decent university, around the Leicester or Lancaster tier of universities.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oxford and Cambridge, and all the inner-city rivalries between Trent and Uni of Nottingham, Hallam and Uni of Sheffield, Leeds and Leeds Met, Manchester and Manchester Met etc etc.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rivals in what way? Sporting, Academic, Research, etc.?
War and Peace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by studyworm)
Durham vs St Andrews is a great rivalry in terms of which one wants to portray itself as the biggest half-assed rip off of Oxbridge. Edinburgh vs Glasgow is a more traditional clash of the titans, two large and ancient research powerhouses.
So what characterizes a "half-assed rip off of Oxbridge?"
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Okorange)
Its not for lack of resources its lack of a city that can support a hospital. Besides, Durham's medical school sends its students to Newcastle after 2nd year anyways.
It doesn't just have a hospital designed to support 250000 people, but it's called The University Hospital of North Durham.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (159)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (84)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (142)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (122)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (82)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (265)
31.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed