watch the video its hilarious
    do they have rainbow in canada?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    do they have rainbow in canada?
    lol no we have sesame street.. i just got this link from a friend

ReputationRep:
    Yep, apparently it was just a joke :rolleyes:

and never actually released onto the public.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the dirty rainbow video?

I can't listen to it because I don';t have a sound card atm, I need to buy an audiophile one as soon as I get some money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Is this the dirty rainbow video?

I can't listen to it because I don';t have a sound card atm, I need to buy an audiophile one as soon as I get some money.
    I don't get it why people spend a lot of money buying sound cards, does it enhance the sound coming from games or what? Or does it provide a port for a beasty subwoofer system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I don't get it why people spend a lot of money buying sound cards, does it enhance the sound coming from games or what? Or does it provide a port for a beasty subwoofer system.
    Its going into a £250 HIFI amp so the cheap £5 creative labs things sound utter shite. I need a two channel stereo soundcard around the £40 mark. I have to edit a lot of sound files for as apart of my course and my current built one sounds awful, no bass, splashy treble, thin midrange, as for stereo imaging forget it! M-AUDIO do a standard audiophile sound card for £40, very basic spec but high quality parts and DAC.

Its not for gaming, its purely for professional purposes.

ReputationRep:
    i paid a bit extra for my sound card coz i did music technology a level. wouldn't've otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Its going into a £250 HIFI amp so the cheap £5 creative labs things sound utter shite. I need a two channel stereo soundcard around the £40 mark. I have to edit a lot of sound files for as apart of my course and my current built one sounds awful, no bass, splashy treble, thin midrange, as for stereo imaging forget it! M-AUDIO do a standard audiophile sound card for £40, very basic spec but high quality parts and DAC.

Its not for gaming, its purely for professional purposes.
    where do you get all this money for your expensive audio equipment? i thought you were a student...

ReputationRep:
    My university have £400 turtle beach soundcards for wave file repoduction and they have £500 Yamaha GS soundcards for MIDI. Thats way way too expensive for me though. They have 60 machines with two cards in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    where do you get all this money for your expensive audio equipment? i thought you were a student...
    I've built my HIFI system up very slowly from 1999, I am a student now but I haven't always been a student. I worked for a bit before going to my first college.

ReputationRep:
    My university have £400 turtle beach soundcards for wave file repoduction and they have £500 Yamaha GS soundcards for MIDI. Thats way way too expensive for me though. They have 60 machines with two cards in them.
    So you are saying that you steal the cards off the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    No I am saying that a £40 soundcard I want to buy to help me with my studies is still no where near what I am used to using at university, so you can imagine how bad a £5 one will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    There would be no need to steal uni property if he could use it..

ReputationRep:
    Even if I wanted to steal this sound cards those base units are practicaly locked to the desks, I would need a circular saw just to get the base unit lids off, then there is CCTV etc.....

I wouldn't even steal anything if I could.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.