do they have rainbow in canada?
lol no we have sesame street.. i just got this link from a friend
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, apparently it was just a joke :rolleyes:

and never actually released onto the public.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is this the dirty rainbow video?

I can't listen to it because I don';t have a sound card atm, I need to buy an audiophile one as soon as I get some money.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Is this the dirty rainbow video?

I can't listen to it because I don';t have a sound card atm, I need to buy an audiophile one as soon as I get some money.
I don't get it why people spend a lot of money buying sound cards, does it enhance the sound coming from games or what? Or does it provide a port for a beasty subwoofer system.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I don't get it why people spend a lot of money buying sound cards, does it enhance the sound coming from games or what? Or does it provide a port for a beasty subwoofer system.
Its going into a £250 HIFI amp so the cheap £5 creative labs things sound utter shite. I need a two channel stereo soundcard around the £40 mark. I have to edit a lot of sound files for as apart of my course and my current built one sounds awful, no bass, splashy treble, thin midrange, as for stereo imaging forget it! M-AUDIO do a standard audiophile sound card for £40, very basic spec but high quality parts and DAC.

Its not for gaming, its purely for professional purposes.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i paid a bit extra for my sound card coz i did music technology a level. wouldn't've otherwise.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its going into a £250 HIFI amp so the cheap £5 creative labs things sound utter shite. I need a two channel stereo soundcard around the £40 mark. I have to edit a lot of sound files for as apart of my course and my current built one sounds awful, no bass, splashy treble, thin midrange, as for stereo imaging forget it! M-AUDIO do a standard audiophile sound card for £40, very basic spec but high quality parts and DAC.

Its not for gaming, its purely for professional purposes.
where do you get all this money for your expensive audio equipment? i thought you were a student...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My university have £400 turtle beach soundcards for wave file repoduction and they have £500 Yamaha GS soundcards for MIDI. Thats way way too expensive for me though. They have 60 machines with two cards in them.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
where do you get all this money for your expensive audio equipment? i thought you were a student...
I've built my HIFI system up very slowly from 1999, I am a student now but I haven't always been a student. I worked for a bit before going to my first college.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My university have £400 turtle beach soundcards for wave file repoduction and they have £500 Yamaha GS soundcards for MIDI. Thats way way too expensive for me though. They have 60 machines with two cards in them.
So you are saying that you steal the cards off the university?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
No I am saying that a £40 soundcard I want to buy to help me with my studies is still no where near what I am used to using at university, so you can imagine how bad a £5 one will be.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
There would be no need to steal uni property if he could use it..
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Even if I wanted to steal this sound cards those base units are practicaly locked to the desks, I would need a circular saw just to get the base unit lids off, then there is CCTV etc.....

I wouldn't even steal anything if I could.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (176)
24.68%
Better than expected (145)
20.34%
Worse than expected (392)
54.98%

Watched Threads