Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Well they did make me feel stupid during my interview Where do you go Ben S? Since you said supervisions, I'm assuming cambridge?
    Christ's - Cambridge - NatSci - hard work!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Hmm, not so, the teaching at oxbridge is superb, and the talks at LSE were brilliant. The professors that I met were all easy to get on with, and explained things perfectly.
    When I went on the Cambridge summer school for Maths we were taught by some of the regular lecturers, and they were among the worst I've ever encountered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    When I went on the Cambridge summer school for Maths we were taught by some of the regular lecturers, and they were among the worst I've ever encountered.
    Yes - they may know what they're talking about, but they sure as hell don't let on!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Yes - they may know what they're talking about, but they sure as hell don't let on!

Ben
    Oh dear, I retract my remark about the quality of teaching at Cambridge then. Do you prefer being in an environment consisting of highly intelligent people or would you have rather gone to an instiution where ability varied more?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.