This discussion is closed.
hohum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Which is better? (where big is about 700 and little is around 400)
TheWolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hohum)
Which is better? (where big is about 700 and little is around 400)
i prefer a little one, but then you also have to consider the actual size of the hall
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i live with 210...and i find that a perfect size.

love Katy***
MuvverRussia
Report 17 years ago
little. 400 is still big in my opinion. I live with 300 and that's about right.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What about 69? not the position but for a number of ppl in halls.. Is that a bit small do you think?
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We have seperate houses, with about 2000 people on this site. I am in one of the largest size houses with 64 people, but I don't know anyone outside my floor of 16 here! I can't imagine living on a site with only around 50 people, like some are, where you would know everyone. Talybont here is like it's own little town!
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
id go for the smaller option.. so you dont feel as completely lost and you can kind of find a place for yourself
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't really know how many people there are living in my "Hall" - though it's not really that. I'd guess 150ish, maybe a bit more. I know most of the first years, and recognise most other people; it's quite nice.

Alocin, are you at Cardiff? I think my cousin lived at some place called Talybont when she was there.
button spoon
Report 16 years ago
Big halls/colleges tend to keep themselves to themselves, its harder to make the effort and meet people out side college.

Trinity Hall is about 300 people with about 120 on central site (mostly 1st years) its good cause you get to know everyone quickly but then you have a social life outside of college too - so best of both worlds.

Big colleges are pretty impersonal, the porters don't know you unless you're a big troiuble maker or lock your keys in every day - I did that anyway but hey.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (9)
69.23%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
15.38%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads