The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

The George- Scarborough Campus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@ SDH12345 - I'll be doing a Foundation in Business Management and I hope to transfer to Hull next year to study Economics
@ Rob - Cool party in your room - hope it's big enough lol oh and the first day we'll be there it will be the birthday of another housemate I met on FB
:smile:
x
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by sdh12345
my birthday is on the 21st of sept aswell :P

Haha brilliant. Well if you end up living with us the first week will be eventful to say the least :smile:
Reply 22
OMG there won't be any more birthdays left for next year! Mine's not till May!
:biggrin:
x
Reply 23
Original post by Ana Banana
OMG there won't be any more birthdays left for next year! Mine's not till May!
:biggrin:
x

Don't worry haha myne's not until July! all these birthdays means more partysss!
Reply 24
Mines in may as well and I'm doing Primary Teaching :smile: i actually didn't know there were so many courses at Scarborough. Actually cant wait now, started buying things, and just uploaded a photo for my student card eeeeeekkk.
PLUS cant wait to get absolutely hammered in Freshers :smile: x
Reply 25
Original post by LeanneC20
Mines in may as well and I'm doing Primary Teaching :smile: i actually didn't know there were so many courses at Scarborough. Actually cant wait now, started buying things, and just uploaded a photo for my student card eeeeeekkk.
PLUS cant wait to get absolutely hammered in Freshers :smile: x

I'm doing Primary teaching too! and I had such a faff on trying to upload a photo, so I emailed them and they said that they take photo's on enrolment day aswell if you can't upload one, thankgod!
And yes me too! thought I was the only alco..:')
xx
Reply 26
Im staying here too, just wandering when everyone moving in? i know your meant to collect keys on the 15th -16th but i think im going to wait until the 22nd.
Reply 27
I'm moving in on the 16th to give me time to settle in, don't want to be thrown in at the deep end as my course starts on the 23rd :smile:
Reply 28
I'll be there on the 15th :smile: Giving myself plenty of time to get used to the place.
Reply 29
Does anybody know if you're allowed to take musical instruments?
I'm doing the Creative Music Technology course, so I'm just wondering if I'd be able to bring an acoustic guitar and keyboard for practicing in my spare time?

I'd only practice during the day and id be considerate of you all + The keyboard I'd play with headphones in. So really, its only the guitar you'd hear, but I'm a quiet person so it shouldn't be too bad.
Reply 30
I'm not sure about instruments either, I remember reading that they weren't allowed but I'm not sure if it was just in halls. I was going to bring an acoustic guitar too and I don't fancy not playing it for a year :/
Reply 31
Hmm, well I don't remember reading anything in the handbook about instruments being allowed or not...
I'll call up on Monday to find out and let you know

hopefully it'll be a yes :biggrin:
Reply 32
Online I remember reading that instruments weren't allowed. I'm pretty sure no ones going to stop you if you take one though :smile:
Reply 33
I'm also moving on the 16th...feeling excited and nervous. Can't believe it's only 8 days away!!!
Reply 34
Hey, I'm also staying in The George :smile: i'm in room 4 so i'll be just next to you Rob! My names Laura Hunt if yous want to add me on Facebook x
Reply 35
Freaking out now just packed my whole wardrobe and dressers, didn't actually realise how much clothes and crap i had... 3 suitcase's full in fact, think i'm going to have to narrow my heap down :frown: 5 DAYs :O woooooooooooooooo got like £300 of my last wages saved just for freshers :P xx
Reply 36
Hey Guys!
I'm staying in the George too! I'm in room 22A and I'll be studying Early Childhood Studies! Nice to talk to some people before I go!
just a little about me, I'm Will, I'm 20 and I'm the general crazy one lol. If any of you fancy a drink or a night out then just come and ask :smile: I'll be moving in on the 16th too! Hope to see you all there :biggrin:
Hiii !
Is anyone doing the PGCE at Scarborough?!
Reply 38
Does anybody know how we get the keys to The George?

Or is it just a case of going there with evidence of who you are and that you're staying here then getting in D:

Starting to get worried =[
Reply 39
Original post by Jefficah
Does anybody know how we get the keys to The George?

Or is it just a case of going there with evidence of who you are and that you're staying here then getting in D:

Starting to get worried =[

Sounds about right. It'll be fine, they're hardly going to turn you away :P

Quick Reply

Latest