This discussion is closed.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering if anyone had ever had a "close call"

I've had three:

1) A bloke outside a nightclub had a knife and threatened to cut my throat, but my bf managed to fend him off - I was quite upset by it though!

2) When I was 15 my parents went away for the weekend and someone we had always lived next door to (40s) waved them off (which was a bit odd) and he came round later that evening and offered to sell me wine. he then asked if I would like him to come in and keep me company. I said no and slammed the door very very quickly - scary eh?

3) When I was 6 I got stuck in a glass lift and the lift started to go up. My grandad managed to pull me out in time but the little shopping centre had to be closed down and has never re-opened. Eeek!
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
close calls... hmmm well we had a bomb threat at my school, but these days thats not that unusual it seems, of course there was nothing... thats all i can think of right now
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
got hit in my eye batting for my cricket club in a big match - luckily it wasnt full on my eye and i escaped with a minor hairline fracture of my socket which healed within a week
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)

I've had three:

1) A bloke outside a nightclub had a knife and threatened to cut my throat, but my bf managed to fend him off - I was quite upset by it though!

2) When I was 15 my parents went away for the weekend and someone we had always lived next door to (40s) waved them off (which was a bit odd) and he came round later that evening and offered to sell me wine. he then asked if I would like him to come in and keep me company. I said no and slammed the door very very quickly - scary eh?

3) When I was 6 I got stuck in a glass lift and the lift started to go up. My grandad managed to pull me out in time but the little shopping centre had to be closed down and has never re-opened. Eeek!
Blimey! And I cacked myself when I stapled my thumb Thankfully, I've never had any close calls like yours though (although, mine was fairly scary, to me! )
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
got hit in my eye batting for my cricket club in a big match - luckily it wasnt full on my eye and i escaped with a minor hairline fracture of my socket which healed within a week
OUCH! :eek:
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When I was a young lad, I once skittled across the road - not looking as a post van sped towards me. Luckily I realised and dived for the pavement.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Not really a lucky escape as such... someone whacked me in the face with a bottle leaving nice bits of broken glass in my eye and cuts galore... could have been blinded but I'm not.
Jesus, that sounds bad man...
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
You should have worn a helmet
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
OUCH! :eek:
i cried like a baby for the rest of the match and when i got home the pain was so bad that i puked up - i was only 15
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
You should have worn a helmet
u sound like my parents did that day - i had this silly belief that i batted better in my lucky cap - not so lucky in the end - then again i could have broken a leg that day instead so maybe it was lucky
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its not realy an escape but when i was little i got boiling water all over myself.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when i was 2, just moved house. movers had put the washing machine inplace, and plugged it in, but the top had come loose. being the inquizitive young boy i was i stuck my arm in the top and felt around.

i got blasted with 240 of your best british volts.

i lost the ends of 2 fingers, (since ive had op to try to fix it up, now its not obvious if i didnt tell you.)

luckily though, my wrist was leaning on the case (which was earthed). So i have a scar there to, where the electricity exited. If i wasnt touching the case, it would have gone straight through my body instead of just my hand, and i wouldnt be sitting here!

since then ive almost caused myself series injury through being an idiot and trying get a thrill!

eg. somersault off shed onto trampoline (missed the 3rd jump) etc!
blissy
Rep:
?
Perhaps fate is keeping me alive for a special reason.... I'm John COnnor(s)!
blissy
Rep:
?
Wow, Ollie! Perhaps you'll be my second-in-command!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Touch would I never have had any problems when going out clubbing but then I avoid the rougher clubs.

My biggest close call was when I was about 14.

It was a long time ago and I don't want to go into details but I had to get to my grandma's before my dad did, I realised I only had 15 mins to get there (she lives 2 miles away) so I ran like mad, the only problem is I didn't watch the roads. I was in them iddle of the road and I heared this bus screeched, I looked back and there was a bus 2" away from where I was standing.

I could have so easily been knocked down then.
blissy
Rep:
?
Yowzers! Run forrest... runn.....
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a few years ago I darted across the road where I live, and didnt see the car coming down said road. It stopped pretty much a few inches away from me.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)

I've had three:

those are not close calls. I'll give you mclose calls
Went cycling down this ma-who-sive hill near my old house when i was 12 (really, the gradient is like 1 in 4). At the bottom is a hump bridge over an old, abandoned railway. Coming to the bottom i must have been going some 30 miles an hour. As i reached the apex of the hump i noticed the big **** off tractor with plough coming towards me. cue me braking, flying over handle, off of bridge and down to my doom. The tracotr totally nailed the bike (which could have been me)
Further more the fall should have killed me, cept i landed in the pond over yon bridge.
However i'm not a very good swimmer so aught have drowned.
Luckily it was the height of summer holidays and there was a bit of a drought (it was around 1995 if anyone remembers the drought and hose pipe ban etc then) so the pond was only chest high.
Now THAT is a close call.
J
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
those are not close calls. I'll give you mclose calls...
now THAT is a close call.
J
that really is close! a bunch of close calls, bunched together to one HUGE close call!
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I almost burnt ddown my house making amonium triiodide.

MB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed