Turn on thread page Beta

Lucky Escapes watch

Announcements

(Original post by Dickie)
    that really is close! a bunch of close calls, bunched together to one HUGE close call!
    Exactly. never have i been as lucky as that day. Still fricking hurt tho - i *****ed a tree on the way down (might have broken my fall somewhat) which cut my leg some. it tore p my denim jeans so if i'd been wearing shorts, might have really cut deep lol.
    funniest thing was when i crawl into the house soggy bloody wreck and my dad didnt believe me. so we get into the car go to the bridge where the remains of my bike are, and there in the tree is a bloody scrap of denim.
    He took me to the docs who gave me the ok. Still, never did do that hill again
    J

ReputationRep:
    A few years back when I was crossing a busy road on my bike. My brother and cousin had already crossed, so I decided to go too. Only problem was that there wasn't enough time, so I had to break, and the driver had to slam on his breaks. Pretty scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    funniest thing was when i crawl into the house soggy bloody wreck and my dad didnt believe me. so we get into the car go to the bridge where the remains of my bike are, and there in the tree is a bloody scrap of denim.J
    What did your dad think you'd been doing in that state??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    those are not close calls. I'll give you mclose calls
    J

Scary!

I think I was most pleased to have escaped the second one of mine. I'm actually quite worried because his wife is a child minder. What a pervert.

<shudders>

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Three things :

1) As a kid i couldnt get the boomerang to come back to me, the first time it came back, CRACK !!!! - nipped the top of my head and had to have a stitch. - Cant really see the scar since my hair covers it.

2) When our extension to the house was being built, various power tools and the like were lying around, the orange beast caught my eye - a cement mixer on a swivel stand. I stood on it, swinging it at the same time - my weight couldnt handle it, i fell back with the mixer on top of me, split my eyebrow open and had to have like 4 stitches - got the scar to prove it.

3) We were given a rug by some people (dont ask why) Being a little kid at the time i was rolling around of it being a little terror............Next thing i know i have this sharp pain in my thigh - there was like no mark and no-one at home could figure out why i was in pain - they took me to A&E and I had an X-ray. It turned out that a 3.5inch rusty needle was deep inside my leg - they had to make a fairly big inscision to remove it - again i have the scar to prove it.

ReputationRep:
    theycallmemrpig: I "ooooed" and "eeked" and "youched" all the way through that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmemrpig)
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    3) We were given a rug by some people (dont ask why) Being a little kid at the time i was rolling around of it being a little terror............Next thing i know i have this sharp pain in my thigh - there was like no mark and no-one at home could figure out why i was in pain - they took me to A&E and I had an X-ray. It turned out that a 3.5inch rusty needle was deep inside my leg - they had to make a fairly big inscision to remove it - again i have the scar to prove it.
    Ouch that must hurt! How'd you get the needle in your leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmemrpig)

Jeez. When I was working at a hospital last summer I saw some rather amusing X-rays, and one was of a pair of scissors that had been broken off into some poor blokes leg.

ReputationRep:
    when I was five i plugged in the christmas lights but the wire was bare and the I got badly electricuted and if i was holding metal i would have died.

I was in a plane when the engine failed on the runway

Some neo-nazi thought I was jewish and sent me death threats that included my adress, too bad i was protestant

went down the stairs in laundry basket and cracked my head open

some crazy guy put a knife to my throat because he was a stupid wigger and I told him that

i was flying solo and i got lost lol that wasnt dangerous just scared the **** out of me, on another occassion some plane almost hit me

ReputationRep:
    Well I had a close call when somebody rang me when I was stood behind them. Sorry, just felt left out cause I haven't really had a close call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ouch that must hurt! How'd you get the needle in your leg.
    i guesss the needle was embedded in the rug - when i was rolling around on it, it must have like just pushed itself in .

ReputationRep:
    Well a bit like Ollie's story beforehand, I was about three and the light in my room had blown. My sister took out the bulb and said she would change it later. Later than night I stuck my fingers in it and I can still, to this DAY remember exactly what it felt like, it felt like my finger was in a mixer jumping up and down and round and round. It was summer and I was wearing jelly shoes and that's what saved me...the ironic thing is...I still have that light ...right behind me.
    Another thing, I am an extremley nervous passenger and when we were going to the airport coming home from Cyprus, I grabbed onto one of the handles, there was no seatbelts and my mum and dad did it too. We were driving at 140mph in a taxi and the driver fell asleep and we bounced from barrier to barrier. One side was a 500 foot drop the other three lanes of traffic. We were lucky that that day there were building works and loads of people were avoiding that part of the motorway because if not we'd be dead.
    And another time due to my nervous passengerness, I was in a taxi going to the station to stay with my friend at Uni'. I always use the same taxi company and I feel very comfortable with them and never wear a seatbelt but this one time I sat in the back and put my seatbelt on. Needless to say whilst waiting on the bridge the taxi driver got distracted by trying to put his radio back and we rolled right into the back of a BMW, the driver not wearing a seatbelt smacked into and through the window and ended up being sprawled across the bonnet.
    I was fine, I missed my train and he tried to charge me while I was getting into another one of their taxis (I hate that taxi driver anyway).
    I've had many more...my brother got hit in the head by a shot putt that broke the record at his school for going the furthest EVER...which is pretty funny but bad at the same time..nearly killed him

ReputationRep:
    dani that is eventful to say the least

ReputationRep:
    Also my mum runs the Red Cross and they had reports that drug users were doing scag behind the sheds. I used to be a really skater girl back then and wore massive thick soled Vans. I was looking around after they took everything away and found nothing, I decided to walk home. As i was walking home I could feel some scratching on my shoe and I thought oh well it's just the nails from my shoes, took me till I got home to realise that I didn't HAVE nails in my shoes. There was a syringe stuck in my shoe that narrowly missed from going into me because of how thick my shoes were. I found out later they did testing on the needles they found, all of them were HIV positive and I had to have a blood test and everything and I was fine, THAT was F**ING scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Also my mum runs the Red Cross and they had reports that drug users were doing scag behind the sheds. I used to be a really skater girl back then and wore massive thick soled Vans. I was looking around after they took everything away and found nothing, I decided to walk home. As i was walking home I could feel some scratching on my shoe and I thought oh well it's just the nails from my shoes, took me till I got home to realise that I didn't HAVE nails in my shoes. There was a syringe stuck in my shoe that narrowly missed from going into me because of how thick my shoes were. I found out later they did testing on the needles they found, all of them were HIV positive and I had to have a blood test and everything and I was fine, THAT was F**ING scary
    THATS SOO DIRTY>>>> i would never recover from that

ReputationRep:
    OMG, my legs have gone to jelly after reading that! That is terrifying! You were v lucky

ReputationRep:
    It was something that just NEVER happens where I live though, we reckon they were coming over from nearby Littlehampton. Loads of scag users there.
    One time I was supposed to stay over at a friends house but I got sick and they were all found the next day passed out with carbon monoxide poisining

ReputationRep:
    It was something that just NEVER happens where I live though, we reckon they were coming over from nearby Littlehampton. Loads of scag users there.
    One time I was supposed to stay over at a friends house but I got sick and they were all found the next day passed out with carbon monoxide poisining
    They were all dead??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    why did you go and look at a place where ppl use needle drugs tho???

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping all these close calls will be useful if I ever become a war correspondent

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.