Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I was waiting to turn right and some cocksmoking retard in a big van ran into the back of me . Im not injured at the moment but apparantly I might be abit sore and stuff tomorrow :/
    yea, I read that post from yesterday - i was considering driving without a licence and insurance but just thought how angry i'd be if someone crashed into me and couldnt pay up.

ReputationRep:
    Come on I need some more lucky escapes. Im confident Ive had the most here. I used to do some crazy **** between 10-14. I remember once rollerblading down an absolutely massive hill(K2 inline skates - they go pretty fast) and not having a hope in hell of stopping so I went flying straight across a road - luckily no cars were coming.

ReputationRep:
    Argh people arent posting fast enough, Ill try again tomorrow when others lucky escapes may have jogged my memory.

Oh, and when I was 12 I crossed the 'green line' in Cyprus - I dont know if anyone knows much about this, but some cypriot soldier started shouting at me and pointing his gun at me

ReputationRep:
    When I was little my mum noticed a bit of grass in my eye, sticking out of the socket. She pulled it out thinking it was just a small piece of grass. It turns out that it was about 6 inches long! She almost had a fit!!

About 8 years ago I walked past my sister's bedroom and noticed that there was smoke coming out of her alarm clock. I went in to turn the mains switch off. For this I had to bend down low and feel blindly for the plug as the socket as it was behind the wardrobe. I tried for ages but couldnt feel it. I decided to have a look to see where it was, and discovered that the plug didnt have its plastic casing on!! I had very nearly electrocuted myself!! That night I could have killed my sister!!

About 2 years ago I was driving to uni, traveling down a 60 mph road, behind this git who was only going at 35 mph. When the coast was clear I started to overtake. The b*****d started to match my speed, I couldnt get past. Then I noticed an articulated lorry coming towards me, I had to pull into my lane infront of this w****r, which meant that he had to slam on his brakes, or we would have crashed. I burst into tears when I got to uni. I dont really overtake anymore, unless I really have to.

When I was about 11 I fell from the loft and down the stairs. I had a lucky escpe coz I rolled down wooden stiars. The doc told me i could have been paralized for life. Also my dad asked me to help him by holding some wires out of the way for him from a lamp he was fixing. He cut the wrong wire causing both of us to fly backwards as it electrocuted us. Another incident was when I caught on fire. such close calls u all have.

ReputationRep:
    My cousins have an old land rover pick up, and they us to drive us around in the open back. Once we went too fast over a bump. I fell out. It was quite a major concussion; I couldn't see things that I should have done. It wasn't pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Just wondering if anyone had ever had a "close call"

I've had three:

1) A bloke outside a nightclub had a knife and threatened to cut my throat, but my bf managed to fend him off - I was quite upset by it though!

2) When I was 15 my parents went away for the weekend and someone we had always lived next door to (40s) waved them off (which was a bit odd) and he came round later that evening and offered to sell me wine. he then asked if I would like him to come in and keep me company. I said no and slammed the door very very quickly - scary eh?

3) When I was 6 I got stuck in a glass lift and the lift started to go up. My grandad managed to pull me out in time but the little shopping centre had to be closed down and has never re-opened. Eeek!

i cant say thgt ive had many close calls but i always neasrly get run over on the way to school lol. but my life is not that overly exciting or dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I got engaged to a girl when I was 21 but dumped her after I realised she was completely insane, that was a pretty narrow escape.

Alright its crap but its all I've got left.
    ROFL

(Original post by imasillynarb)
    The more I read peoples lucky escapes the more I remember my own, I cant say anything to do with HIV is ringing any bells at the moment though

Oh actually - Ive almost drowned a few times, dragged under by waves in france, I was under for a good while and I didnt have time to take a breath before I got dragged under.

Almost choked a few times, hmmmm, what else.
    yeh i did both those, and in both cases my big brother was nearby laughing at me. once at swimming pool (lifegaurd had to dive in and rescue me, my brother as laughing about 5ft away as i drowned) and once in our shared room when i was playing with some bit of plastic and i sucked it back and started choking. How did i get it out my throat? My brother couldn't stop laughing, so i literally had to run full pelt and fling myself (with turning motion) so my back smacked against the wall.
    Bit of a barstad my brother
    J

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.