Turn on thread page Beta

I had a number of my posts wiped off my tally - could i get an explanation please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    dazya should be banned for being a bigot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I'm tired of people making stupidracist remarks then getting away with it ebcause when I tell moderators about it, they seem not to be bothered.

EDIT: Rahaydenuk was the only one who was bothered.
    Sadly I was in a no win situation there !

I was responding to one post on here (trying not to be told off for ignoring anyone ), and then I get told I wasnt doing my job cos someone beat me to finding the naff posting.

It isn't a competition between the mods as to who can find stuff the quickest, provided that the board is generally crap free (we can't catch everything but will try) then we shouldn't really pick fault.

Obviously stuff that it abusive, or worst so racially abusive, we don't stand for, but we can't expect that it will be dealt with straight away, as we have to find it ! So the best thing to do in those circumstances is NOT TO RESPOND TO IT (however difficult that may be!) and then press the report post button. And when we get the reports, which takes a few minutes, as soon as they are picked up (and we can get past the BUSY messages), we will moderate.

In fairness to everyone, searching for one post, is like searching for a needle in a heystack; and is even more difficult to sort out a spate of ill behaviour which can often be spread over a number of threads, quite like stalking the user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    again, i dont know the background, im keeping out of it.
    Of course, that is your excuse.

I explain to you his racist remarks to me and waiting2smile, infact I posted what he said to me, I explain the comment was randomly deleted by a mod and he wasn't banned, then I told Hayden and he banned him for his behaviour, then an incompetent mod restored his account despite his racist remarks and blatant offensive - e.g.) to tinykates as well.

Of course, if you can't be bothered, then I may as well have not explained...

BTW: Hayden did ban him actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Sadly I was in a no win situation there !

I was responding to one post on here (trying not to be told off for ignoring anyone ), and then I get told I wasnt doing my job cos someone beat me to finding the naff posting.

It isn't a competition between the mods as to who can find stuff the quickest, provided that the board is generally crap free (we can't catch everything but will try) then we shouldn't really pick fault.

Obviously stuff that it abusive, or worst so racially abusive, we don't stand for, but we can't expect that it will be dealt with straight away, as we have to find it ! So the best thing to do in those circumstances is NOT TO RESPOND TO IT (however difficult that may be!) and then press the report post button. And when we get the reports, which takes a few minutes, as soon as they are picked up (and we can get past the BUSY messages), we will moderate.

In fairness to everyone, searching for one post, is like searching for a needle in a heystack; and is even more difficult to sort out a spate of ill behaviour which can often be spread over a number of threads, quite like stalking the user.
    1.) I wasn't blaming you. (my comments are usually directed to the mod team in general)

2.) As i said, a moderator saw the racist remarks and deleted them without a ban or anything.

3.) I told rahaydenuk and he banned DazYa FOR RACIST ABUSE - So why is it that a stupid moderator then gives a person who racially abuses people, his account back??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Of course, that is your excuse.

I explain to you his racist remarks to me and waiting2smile, infact I posted what he said to me, I explain the comment was randomly deleted by a mod and he wasn't banned, then I told Hayden and he banned him for his behaviour, then an incompetent mod restored his account despite his racist remarks and blatant offensive - e.g.) to tinykates as well.

Of course, if you can't be bothered, then I may as well have not explained...

BTW: Hayden did ban him actually.
    no you didnt tell me.

a note to all members:

we are doing our best. we are not deliberatly avoiding racist messages. we always try to do our best.

if you think there is a problem. contact d.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Well said! Give the mods a break, they do try.
    I agree! It seems like certain members think that it's just as simple as deleting the thread. The problem is this is a large forum and offensive comments are not highlighted in bold for all to see, they are hidden amongst everything else, you can't expect the mods to be able to catch everything right off. We have a responsibility aswell to report offensive posts otherwise some will just get burried in the threads.
    As for Shandy, I saw your posts aswell and you were rightfully banned.
    Your original thread was deleted for whatever reason, you chose to spam the forum afterwards and curse and threaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    3.) I told rahaydenuk and he banned DazYa FOR RACIST ABUSE - So why is it that a stupid moderator then gives a person who racially abuses people, his account back??
    We don't know, and maybe will never find out, but after back tracking through the threads, and whats been said regarding the issue - he's banned.

But in future instead of sending a PM to a mod (who may actually be offline - 15 min lag remember - or away from the screen) is ineffective as it only goes to that one mod; sending a report sends out simultaneous emails to the moderator/admin team and is less likely to be missed.

Make sure you reasons are consise, if it's been going on a while, say so, if theres been a number of posts like it in the thread, say so (just post one or two reports from one thread - I normally inspect most of a thread thats been reported), and we'll deal with it as soon as possible.

It's not the fault of the mod team that they have lessons or lectures to come to, but there'll never be a time where none of us are online for a whole day, and so it's bound to be dealt with at sometime.

In the lag between reporting and it's being dealt, try not to react as it just encourages further posts from the abuser, and creates more work for the mod team who work on the principle that it's impossible to reply to a post that doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    no you didnt tell me.

a note to all members:

we are doing our best. we are not deliberatly avoiding racist messages. we always do our best.

if you think there is a problem. contact d.
    I contacted rahaydenuk, and he banned him - I only need to tell one moderator.

So why was the account of someone who blatantly said racist things to several people, including me, then restored.

BTW: No, i told rahaydenuk as he was online - He banned the person, therefore a moderator restored his account behind his back, clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    We don't know, and maybe will never find out, but after back tracking through the threads, and whats been said regarding the issue - he's banned.

But in future instead of sending a PM to a mod (who may actually be offline - 15 min lag remember - or away from the screen) is ineffective as it only goes to that one mod; sending a report sends out simultaneous emails to the moderator/admin team and is less likely to be missed.

Make sure you reasons are consise, if it's been going on a while, say so, if theres been a number of posts like it in the thread, say so (just post one or two reports from one thread - I normally inspect most of a thread thats been reported), and we'll deal with it as soon as possible.

It's not the fault of the mod team that they have lessons or lectures to come to, but there'll never be a time where none of us are online for a whole day, and so it's bound to be dealt with at sometime.

In the lag between reporting and it's being dealt, try not to react as it just encourages further posts from the abuser, and creates more work for the mod team who work on the principle that it's impossible to reply to a post that doesn't exist.
    Yes cheers, but i couldn't report that post because (for the 5th time) a moderator deleted the post without any warning or ban to dazya.

Hence, I pm'd hayden when he was online.

Seems like there is a random moderator going round who isn't doing a good job, I wonder who? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I contacted rahaydenuk, and he banned him - I only need to tell one moderator.

So why was the account of someone who blatantly said racist things to several people, including me, then restored.

BTW: No, i told rahaydenuk as he was online - He banned the person, therefore a moderator restored his account behind his back, clearly.
    whats the name of this person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I agree! It seems like certain members think that it's just as simple as deleting the thread. The problem is this is a large forum and offensive comments are not highlighted in bold for all to see, they are hidden amongst everything else, you can't expect the mods to be able to catch everything right off. We have a responsibility aswell to report offensive posts otherwise some will just get burried in the threads.
    As for Shandy, I saw your posts aswell and you were rightfully banned.
    Your original thread was deleted for whatever reason, you chose to spam the forum afterwards and curse and threaten.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    whats the name of this person?
    You've changed your tune, 5 minutes ago you were saying "No, i won't get involved, sorry." :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Expression said he's sorted it out now i.e.) Someone who is "bothered".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You've changed your tune, 5 minutes ago you were saying "No, i won't get involved, sorry." :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Expression said he's sorted it out now i.e.) Someone who is "bothered".
    oh why don't just be nice and stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    calm down bono - the mod is now ur friend - dont screw it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Hehe, don't worry Ollie, I am not having a go, just making an observation.

BTW: I am nice, you're the one who said he wouldn't do the cha cha!

Anyway, goodnight, god bless, farewell, and so on....

EDIT: "calm down bono - the mod is now ur friend - dont screw it up " - Hey, we're all friends, in the big circle of joy! (Barring gayer edders)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Hehe, don't worry Ollie, I am not having a go, just making an observation.

BTW: I am nice, you're the one who said he wouldn't do the cha cha!

Anyway, goodnight, god bless, farewell, and so on....

EDIT: "calm down bono - the mod is now ur friend - dont screw it up" - Hey, we're all friends, in the big circle of joy! (Barring gayer edders)
    just bear in mind the mods are getting tired bono.

ReputationRep:
    hey expression i know u can see this so why dont u give me back my account?
    see i even ask u nicely and u astill dont give it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes cheers, but i couldn't report that post because (for the 5th time) a moderator deleted the post without any warning or ban to dazya.

Hence, I pm'd hayden when he was online.

Seems like there is a random moderator going round who isn't doing a good job, I wonder who? :rolleyes:
    They deleted the post which is the main priority as we don't want offensive material staying on the board.

A warning does NOT need to be public, and rarely will be. Just because you don't see something happening doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Please trust us to do our jobs, sometimes there'll be things we miss, if so let us know.

If you receive offensive PMs, FORWARD THEM, let us see the evidence, then WE will make a decision based on the evidence.

Please do not ballet on the board for people to be banned and the likes - it just clogs up traffic.

The mod team, and thats all of them, are capable of making a logical decision based on evidence presented.

Sometimes we will make decisions you may not like, if thats the case, it happens, not everything is going to go your way, no here, not in life, so deal. But if something doesn't go your way, don't try and come back with some cocky retort, it doesn't help you, and it's very unlikely that anyone is going to change their mind, again it just clogs the board up, especially if you were to start a new thread, like has been the fashion recently, this thread being an example... :mad:

Ah well. Life goes on. DazYa has been banned. If his new user name causes trouble, he'll go too.

ReputationRep:
    hoorah - all hail the the stirling work the mods do - its a tough gig and this is about as sincere i can seem at 12:15 in the morning - but i am being serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hoorah - all hail the the stirling work the mods do - its a tough gig and this is about as sincere i can seem at 12:15 in the morning - but i am being serious
    not over yet mate

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.