This discussion is closed.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.
ive never questioned it but i no that i like it.........
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.
hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
yeah take some gettting into for us types that appreciate the old school of classic stuff - but something endearing about some of their songs - QOTSA might be supporting RCHP at Hyde Park along with the Pixies - HOW COOL?!!!
You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
Guttermouth
Nofx
Offspring
Saves the day
Boxcar racer
Bowling for soup
Mest
Jimmy eat world
Ataris
Hi-standard
Tsunami bomb
Anti-flag
Bad religion
Descendent
Riddling' kids
Screeching weasel
SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:
i listen to alot of things, soulfoul house, trance (no cheesy stuff), progressive house, progressive trance, down-tempo/chill-out , RnB, Soul, some indie
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say
hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.
radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.
yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there
is las vegas fun?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
is las vegas fun?
yeah - fireworks were amazing for the New Years Eve 2002/3 party on the strip
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german
hehe - rammstein are cool - a little heavier than my usual pallette - and shall we say a little more obscure - but they can play some great stuff
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
Guttermouth
Nofx
Offspring
Saves the day
Boxcar racer
Bowling for soup
Mest
Jimmy eat world
Ataris
Hi-standard
Tsunami bomb
Anti-flag
Bad religion
Descendent
Riddling' kids
Screeching weasel
SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:
you have an amazing taste in music and yes i am seing The offspring
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things
Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)
i stayed right across from it at the Aladdin - where Elvis got married ...!!! Bellagio is so beautiful - apparently the previous owner who constructed it now wants to use his money to build something called la Reve - the dream in french - and it will be bigger and better than the Bellagio (?!)
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...
They are classic tracks. I particularly like Climbing up the walls.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant
yes I do, and Harry Connick Jr (whos my fave) he's the "modern day Frank Sinatra" apparently... me and my friends have been listening to Burt Bacarach (spelling?) songs the last few days. They don't make music like they usd to eh? lol.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Trance, Pop, Dance, decent 80's songs.
Odd rock song.

Whatever is good - Even Peter Andre at the mo is decent!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
38.3%
Take autumn exams (18)
38.3%
Look for a job (1)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.13%
Take a year out (6)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads