The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
amazingtrade
I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.

ive never questioned it but i no that i like it.........
amazingtrade
I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.

hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say
Reply 22
Kurdt Morello
yeah take some gettting into for us types that appreciate the old school of classic stuff - but something endearing about some of their songs - QOTSA might be supporting RCHP at Hyde Park along with the Pixies - HOW COOL?!!!

You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.
Reply 23
guest1984
I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
Guttermouth
Nofx
Offspring
Saves the day
Boxcar racer
Bowling for soup
Mest
Jimmy eat world
Ataris
Hi-standard
Tsunami bomb
Anti-flag
Bad religion
Descendent
Riddling' kids
Screeching weasel
SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho :smile:

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:

i listen to alot of things, soulfoul house, trance (no cheesy stuff), progressive house, progressive trance, down-tempo/chill-out , RnB, Soul, some indie
Reply 24
Kurdt Morello
hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say

hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.
jammyd
You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.

radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...
amazingtrade
hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.

yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there
Reply 27
Kurdt Morello
yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there

is las vegas fun?
kokopops
is las vegas fun?

yeah - fireworks were amazing for the New Years Eve 2002/3 party on the strip
Reply 29
right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things
Reply 30
Kurdt Morello

Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german
Reply 31
Kurdt Morello

I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)
MuniE
Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german

hehe - rammstein are cool - a little heavier than my usual pallette - and shall we say a little more obscure - but they can play some great stuff
guest1984
I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
Guttermouth
Nofx
Offspring
Saves the day
Boxcar racer
Bowling for soup
Mest
Jimmy eat world
Ataris
Hi-standard
Tsunami bomb
Anti-flag
Bad religion
Descendent
Riddling' kids
Screeching weasel
SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho :smile:

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:

you have an amazing taste in music and yes i am seing The offspring
Reply 34
rednirt
right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things

Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant :tongue:
suz19
I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)

i stayed right across from it at the Aladdin - where Elvis got married ...!!! Bellagio is so beautiful - apparently the previous owner who constructed it now wants to use his money to build something called la Reve - the dream in french - and it will be bigger and better than the Bellagio (?!)
Reply 36
Kurdt Morello
radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...

They are classic tracks. I particularly like Climbing up the walls.
Reply 37
suz19
Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant :tongue:

yes I do, and Harry Connick Jr (whos my fave) he's the "modern day Frank Sinatra" apparently... me and my friends have been listening to Burt Bacarach (spelling?) songs the last few days. They don't make music like they usd to eh? lol.
suz19

no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too :wink:
Trance, Pop, Dance, decent 80's songs.
Odd rock song.

Whatever is good - Even Peter Andre at the mo is decent! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending