Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.
    ive never questioned it but i no that i like it.........

ReputationRep:
    I've new understood this new wave of none motown RNB, I just don't get what its all about.
    hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    yeah take some gettting into for us types that appreciate the old school of classic stuff - but something endearing about some of their songs - QOTSA might be supporting RCHP at Hyde Park along with the Pixies - HOW COOL?!!!
    You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
    Guttermouth
    Nofx
    Offspring
    Saves the day
    Boxcar racer
    Bowling for soup
    Mest
    Jimmy eat world
    Ataris
    Hi-standard
    Tsunami bomb
    Anti-flag
    Bad religion
    Descendent
    Riddling' kids
    Screeching weasel
    SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:
    i listen to alot of things, soulfoul house, trance (no cheesy stuff), progressive house, progressive trance, down-tempo/chill-out , RnB, Soul, some indie

ReputationRep:
    hehe - bring back the wailers and the commodores i say
    hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    You're just making me more jealous. That's almost as good as last years headliners at Glastonbury; REM one night and then Radiohead the next. Moby aint bad either.
    radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...

ReputationRep:
    hehe yep and more old Otis Reading, Marvin Gaye the're all dead now. I guess we still have the Commodore's Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder etc.
    yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there

ReputationRep:
    yes saw lionel in Las Vegas by chance when on holiday there
    is las vegas fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    is las vegas fun?
    yeah - fireworks were amazing for the New Years Eve 2002/3 party on the strip

ReputationRep:
    right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german

ReputationRep:
    I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Am I the only one who listens to music in languages they dont undertsand? I like rammstein and die arzte but i have no idea how to speak german
    hehe - rammstein are cool - a little heavier than my usual pallette - and shall we say a little more obscure - but they can play some great stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
    Guttermouth
    Nofx
    Offspring
    Saves the day
    Boxcar racer
    Bowling for soup
    Mest
    Jimmy eat world
    Ataris
    Hi-standard
    Tsunami bomb
    Anti-flag
    Bad religion
    Descendent
    Riddling' kids
    Screeching weasel
    SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:
    you have an amazing taste in music and yes i am seing The offspring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    right now I'm listening to a playlist comprising of Tool, Paul Weller, Beck, Incubus, Robert Palmer, the Sleepy Jackson and DJ Yoda... kinda sums me up... tho I'd have to add classical and easy listening to my list of fave listening things
    Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I am so jealous! I watched a program about the Las Vegas New Years celebrations and they looked amazing- every hotel having fireworks going off on their roof. I want to stay at the Bellagio (the one in Oceans Eleven with the fountains)
    i stayed right across from it at the Aladdin - where Elvis got married ...!!! Bellagio is so beautiful - apparently the previous owner who constructed it now wants to use his money to build something called la Reve - the dream in french - and it will be bigger and better than the Bellagio (?!)

ReputationRep:
    radiohead are great - just and creep are classic - and the hail to the thief album was pretty cool - Karma police from Ok is a great track - listen to it over and over again ...
    They are classic tracks. I particularly like Climbing up the walls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Don't suppose you include Frank Sinatra in your easy listening category? I think I'm the only under 50 yr old who thinks he's brilliant
    yes I do, and Harry Connick Jr (whos my fave) he's the "modern day Frank Sinatra" apparently... me and my friends have been listening to Burt Bacarach (spelling?) songs the last few days. They don't make music like they usd to eh? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too

ReputationRep:
    Trance, Pop, Dance, decent 80's songs.
    Odd rock song.

Whatever is good - Even Peter Andre at the mo is decent!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.