This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
They are classic tracks. I particularly like Climbing up the walls.
that is pretty cool - Pyramid song is an amazing vid
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
I think we should have a thread dedicated to Music, since there is hardly any threads about it!!!

I am a massive punk fan, and i like a bit of rock too.....

The main bands i listen to are

Blink 182
Guttermouth
Nofx
Offspring
Saves the day
Boxcar racer
Bowling for soup
Mest
Jimmy eat world
Ataris
Hi-standard
Tsunami bomb
Anti-flag
Bad religion
Descendent
Riddling' kids
Screeching weasel
SR17

+ loads more, there is just too many to name, but i list the main ones tho

What kinda music do u listen to??? what kinda bands do u like???

P.S is anyone seeing The Offspring next Thursday in Wembley?? i am still undecided....

:confused:
Wow, clashing tastes or what!
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
i stayed right across from it at the Aladdin - where Elvis got married ...!!! Bellagio is so beautiful - apparently the previous owner who constructed it now wants to use his money to build something called la Reve - the dream in french - and it will be bigger and better than the Bellagio (?!)
I think when I go I'll spend ages mesmerised by those fountains- they're amazing. But I'm waiting another year yet so I'm old enough to drink over there. Couldn't stand the thought of going to Las Vegas and not being able to drink
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too
yeah i love that whole era. Seriously wish I was born about 60 years ago!... then I'd have ben old enough to bag Robert Vaughn *sob* damn him for being so old now!!!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Wow, clashing tastes or what!
u subversive miscreant hey dont worry about the mods - they will be as official and professional as possible especially when dealing with u!
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i am not a big fan of political music, i don't know why anyone would want to hear someones sing about how bad the world is and how *****y the government is
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
that is pretty cool - Pyramid song is an amazing vid
for amazing vids you should check out some of Tool's... they're weird but amazing like the music (if you can get hold of them of course tho)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
I think when I go I'll spend ages mesmerised by those fountains- they're amazing. But I'm waiting another year yet so I'm old enough to drink over there. Couldn't stand the thought of going to Las Vegas and not being able to drink
hmm - twas a reality for me over there
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
yes I do, and Harry Connick Jr (whos my fave) he's the "modern day Frank Sinatra" apparently... me and my friends have been listening to Burt Bacarach (spelling?) songs the last few days. They don't make music like they usd to eh? lol.
Oh wow, now I don't feel so old before my time! Aside from Frank's songs though, one of my faves is 'Mack the Knife'- Bobby Darin. My CD skips on that song now cos I've played it so many times
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
you have an amazing taste in music and yes i am seing The offspring
thanks
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
for amazing vids you should check out some of Tool's... they're weird but amazing like the music (if you can get hold of them of course tho)
the most cracked out video i have ever seen is meglomaniac by incubus i dont get the whole idea of flying hitlers and big business
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
tool were amazing in 2001 or 2000 - cant remember that far back - i liked some of their material - some of the first songs i truly appreciated apart from Nirvana and all the 90s stuff + 60s70s80s rock (no glam rock though )
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Oh wow, now I don't feel so old before my time! Aside from Frank's songs though, one of my faves is 'Mack the Knife'- Bobby Darin. My CD skips on that song now cos I've played it so many times
i tell you what cant be beat - Glenn Miller - what a great man
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too
So for someone so 'almost exclusively grunge', our tastes aren't that far apart I want to see the Brat Pack play in London- it's supposed to be really good. I've seen the man who plays Frank in his own show and he's excellent, the closest I'll ever get to seeing the great man
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
i tell you who cant be beat - Glenn Miller - what a great man
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
So for someone so 'almost exclusively grunge', our tastes aren't that far apart I want to see the Brat Pack play in London- it's supposed to be really good. I've seen the man who plays Frank in his own show and he's excellent, the closest I'll ever get to seeing the great man
hmm - ur probably right you know - i appreciate all this classic easy listening stuff - in fact it pre-dates my rock craze because my first CDs (back in the old days of 1996 when it was a new thing) were Chuck Berry and Glenn Miller
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i tell you who cant be beat - Glenn Miller - what a great man
To my knowledge, I haven't heard any of his songs (although I have heard of him, of course). Although, I listen to so much of this sort of music that I probably have heard some of his and not realised it. I'll have to give him a whirl though- any song/album in particular??
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
'Mack the Knife'- Bobby Darin. My CD skips on that song now cos I've played it so many times
did anybody else think robbie williams slaughtered that song on his Swing when your Winning album? he was crap!!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
To my knowledge, I haven't heard any of his songs (although I have heard of him, of course). Although, I listen to so much of this sort of music that I probably have heard some of his and not realised it. I'll have to give him a whirl though- any song/album in particular??
ah i only have his greatest hits - but yeah u probably have heard his stuff - in fact a lot of it is in the Tom and Jerry Cartoons i always watched that as a kid - still do on occasion
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
did anybody else think robbie williams slaughtered that song on his Swing when your Winning album? he was crap!!
yes - Robbie Williams only good songs were Angels and She's the One - other than that i think he is crap
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (6)
60%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
20%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
10%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
10%

Watched Threads