Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    did anybody else think robbie williams slaughtered that song on his Swing when your Winning album? he was crap!!
    Don't start me... My mum bought that, it has now gone 'missing'! I am also not a fan of that Jamie Cullen bloke either. I've only seen him on telly once and he was murdering 'I get a kick out of you' (great song) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    no include me in that club - the whole brat-pack were amazing - and i have seen their films too
    Isn't that the Rat-Pack?

I thought the brat pack were the 80's high school teenage movies - The Breakfast Club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Isn't that the Rat-Pack?

I thought the brat pack were the 80's high school teenage movies - The Breakfast Club?
    i can admit to a mistake if i have made one ... confirmation please from the others

ReputationRep:
    ah i only have his greatest hits - but yeah u probably have heard his stuff - in fact a lot of it is in the Tom and Jerry Cartoons i always watched that as a kid - still do on occasion
    Hey, we all do on the quiet So that's my excuse in future- 'I'm listening to Glenn Miller'!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the Rat-Pack?

the brat pack is great, the breakfast club, sixteen candles, weird science and fast times at ridgemont high are all classics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Hey, we all do on the quiet So that's my excuse in future- 'I'm listening to Glenn Miller'!
    hehe - the only excuse i have at the moment - yeah i love listening to some of the old stuff - great for relaxing the mind

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the Rat-Pack?

I think you'll find that at some point they were also labelled 'The Brat Pack' by the papers after they'd been around for a while (Ok, so I'm sad, I've read like 5 Frank bios!). But you're right about the 80's thing too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I think you'll find that at some point they were also labelled 'The Brat Pack' by the papers after they'd been around for a while (Ok, so I'm sad, I've read like 5 Frank bios!). But you're right about the 80's thing too.
    I stand corrected. I like a bit of Frank myself actually, its good easy listening stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I stand corrected. I like a bit of Frank myself actually, its good easy listening stuff.
    agreed all round - u cant ignore the classics

ReputationRep:
    I'm in shock! I swear, none of my friends even realise that I like this sort of stuff- they wouldn't get it. If it's not loud, it's not worth listening to I mostly talk to my Grandad about my secret music tastes! My mum thought I was a bit weird at first but I caught her playing one of my Frank CD's the other day, haha! I like all different sorts of music though- big fan of The Beatles, Oasis, Eric Clapton so I guess my tastes are quite wide ranging

ReputationRep:
    hey suz am i right to presume u are in 2nd year of uni - what are u doing degree-wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I'm in shock! I swear, none of my friends even realise that I like this sort of stuff- they wouldn't get it. If it's not loud, it's not worth listening to I mostly talk to my Grandad about my secret music tastes! My mum thought I was a bit weird at first but I caught her playing one of my Frank CD's the other day, haha! I like all different sorts of music though- big fan of The Beatles, Oasis, Eric Clapton so I guess my tastes are quite wide ranging
    indie is very good - but grunge otherwise speaking - and in my quieter more contemplative moments a bit of sinatra and sammy

ReputationRep:
    hey suz am i right to presume u are in 2nd year of uni - what are u doing degree-wise?
    Unfortunately I bug*ered up my 1st year of sixth form (don't know why cos I got A's and stuff at GCSE, just got sick of the work I guess) so I left with some AS levels, started working full time. After 6 months or so, realised I was a bit better than working in a smelly factory so I started studying at home for my A Levels. Left horrible factory and still studying at home. I'm going to uni in September to study Law. (How sad, the last 4 years of my life in 6 sentences ). So I'm assuming I'm in the same year as you, what are you gona study??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Unfortunately I bug*ered up my 1st year of sixth form (don't know why cos I got A's and stuff at GCSE, just got sick of the work I guess) so I left with some AS levels, started working full time. After 6 months or so, realised I was a bit better than working in a smelly factory so I started studying at home for my A Levels. Left horrible factory and still studying at home. I'm going to uni in September to study Law. (How sad, the last 4 years of my life in 6 sentences ). So I'm assuming I'm in the same year as you, what are you gona study??
    Law as well - hopefully UCL as long as i make one last A - missed out myself on AAA offers from LSE and UCL last year

ReputationRep:
    Law as well - hopefully UCL as long as i make one last A - missed out myself on AAA offers from LSE and UCL last year
    So how old are you then?? Are you re-doing a year as well?? (Pain in the ar*e ain't it?!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    The only artist I can talk to my Gran about is Vera Lynn! I can talk to my parents about The Eagles though, and The Kinks and Pavarotti - who is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    So how old are you then?? Are you re-doing a year as well?? (Pain in the ar*e ain't it?!)
    19 (20 in Oct) - thankfully it is only a couple of modules - but it is a pain in the arse because i would have preferred to be there now rather than rot at home

ReputationRep:
    The only artist I can talk to my Gran about is Vera Lynn! I can talk to my parents about The Eagles though, and The Kinks and Pavarotti - who is great.
    kinks and eagles were great - my dad loved them - eagles didnt last long enough

ReputationRep:
    19 (20 in Oct) - thankfully it is only a couple of modules - but it is a pain in the arse because i would have preferred to be there now rather than rot at home
    Me too. D'you think there'll be many other 20 year olds in the 1st year?? Congrats on the UCL offer BTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Me too. D'you think there'll be many other 20 year olds in the 1st year?? Congrats on the UCL offer BTW
    thanks - hell yes there will be at least 20 out of every 100 or so - which unis have u applied to?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.