Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    The only artist I can talk to my Gran about is Vera Lynn! I can talk to my parents about The Eagles though, and The Kinks and Pavarotti - who is great.
    I'm just starting to consider Opera. It's quite hard to get into if you're not musically talented (well, I think so anyway) but since I like classical music I'm sure I could grow to enjoy it. And Frank was good friends with Pavarotti (oh dear, spelt that Pavatrotti first ) so he must be worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    thanks - hell yes there will be at least 20 out of every 100 or so - which unis have u applied to?
    Not as great as yours I'm afraid cos I've decided to live at home so I was restricted to close unis. I've chosen Bristol and Reading as my Firm and Insurance. They're no UCL but I quite liked them when I went for a look around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Not as great as yours I'm afraid cos I've decided to live at home so I was restricted to close unis. I've chosen Bristol and Reading as my Firm and Insurance. They're no UCL but I quite liked them when I went for a look around
    hey dont be so quick to denegrate yours - i got rejected by bristol last year - and reading is level with UCL in the league tables for law - so u have two exceptional unis at ur feet esp for law

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, uni choices, I'd do it all again but I've got places now...

ReputationRep:
    hey dont be so quick to denegrate yours - i got rejected by bristol last year - and reading is level with UCL in the league tables for law - so u have two exceptional unis at ur feet esp for law
    Awww thanks! (But I would choose UCL over both!) It's weird, I know that Bristol's higher on the league tables but I actually really liked Reading. Don't think I'd be too distraught if I didn't meet Bristol's offer. So what's your insurance choice??

ReputationRep:
    Beethoven
    Rachmaninov
    Pachelbel
    Tchaikovsky
    Hanz Zimmer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Awww thanks! (But I would choose UCL over both!) It's weird, I know that Bristol's higher on the league tables but I actually really liked Reading. Don't think I'd be too distraught if I didn't meet Bristol's offer. So what's your insurance choice??
    when do you guys find out whether or not they accept you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    my insurance choice currently is SOAS unconditional - maybe it might change if King's give me an unconditional (v. unlikely) - but i really want to get into UCL - pulling out all the stops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I had my last reply a couple of weeks ago and that was Bristol- they kept me waiting ages! I had all my other offers by the end of October :mad:

ReputationRep:
    my insurance choice currently is SOAS unconditional - maybe it might change if King's give me an unconditional (v. unlikely) - but i really want to get into UCL - pulling out all the stops
    How come you have a mix of unconditionals and conditionals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    The university lets us know, through the agency UCAS, in their own time during the year. The day we receie our last decision by affects the day we have to get our replies back by.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh SOAS, all them fit Oriental birds and unaware of our culture <rubs hands> "Here's my bedroom, don't worry this is a welcoming custom..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    How come you have a mix of unconditionals and conditionals?
    i am applying with 2A's and 2B's already under my belt - but UCL standard is 3A's for law - hence the condition - but SOAS and Essex standard is 2A's and a B so unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Ooh SOAS, all them fit Oriental birds and unaware of our culture <rubs hands> "Here's my bedroom, don't worry this is a welcoming custom..."
    hehe - i'd still prefer UCL - i'd invite those girls to my room anyway ... being the player that i am

ReputationRep:
    i am applying with 2A's and 2B's already under my belt - but UCL standard is 3A's for law - hence the condition - but SOAS and Essex standard is 2A's and a B so unconditional
    Does that mean you are going to resit some modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    LOL -Kurdt might prefer SOAS to King's after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Does that mean you are going to resit some modules?
    yep coursework and oral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    LOL -Kurdt might prefer SOAS to Kings after all
    hehe - u read me rather well

ReputationRep:
    hehe - i'd still prefer UCL - i'd invite those girls to my room anyway ... being the player that i am
    Well UCL and SOAS are well close anyway, but you're not ready son!

ReputationRep:
    yep coursework and oral
    Right. How come there are soooooooooooooo many people applying to do law?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.