Physics or Sports Science at A-Level?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
coolguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I am so confused. I don't know which one to do for A-Levels.
I know that Physics is a very respectable subject but its probably also hard (I am predicted a grade B at GCSE) On the other hand is Sports Science easier but is it also respected?
I have already decided to take Business Studies, ICT and Classics but not sure about the fourth subject.
Plese help me
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You're definitely going to want to take physics if you want to be taken seriously academically (though I wholly expect somebody to take me up on this). And no offense especially with ICT/business, if you were going to do sports science, perhaps you would consider economics and computing.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I had a flick through a sports science textbook, and it contained some quite good bits on human physiology. indeed, in some places they do in AS sports science, that are in thel A2 syllabus.
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by coolguy)
I am so confused. I don't know which one to do for A-Levels.
I know that Physics is a very respectable subject but its probably also hard (I am predicted a grade B at GCSE) On the other hand is Sports Science easier but is it also respected?
I have already decided to take Business Studies, ICT and Classics but not sure about the fourth subject.
Plese help me
Physics. V. Well respected.
sixthirtythree
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Physics. V. Well respected.
Agree so utterly completely with Bono. Do Sports Science if you want a fairly suicidal A-level combination (no offence intended, but no good university will look at you seriously ).

Please consider Economics instead of Business Studies. I took Business Studies at GCSE and although I got an A* and one of the top 5 marks in the country, I wish I had done Latin instead...

Physics! And Economics! And Computing. Then you'll be all set
llama boy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Agree with a lot of the sentiments on this thread...with the exception that I don't really understand the Computing-is-a-respected-a-level line.

More respected than ICT? Well, yeah, almost everything is. But Computing is still quite low overall. Easy, too.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
Agree so utterly completely with Bono. Do Sports Science if you want a fairly suicidal A-level combination (no offence intended, but no good university will look at you seriously ).

Please consider Economics instead of Business Studies. I took Business Studies at GCSE and although I got an A* and one of the top 5 marks in the country, I wish I had done Latin instead...

Physics! And Economics! And Computing. Then you'll be all set
And add Mathematics to that and you get my current AS Level combination! (although Further Maths soon to add to that! )

Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing.

With Further Maths to start soon.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
Agree with a lot of the sentiments on this thread...with the exception that I don't really understand the Computing-is-a-respected-a-level line.

More respected than ICT? Well, yeah, almost everything is. But Computing is still quite low overall. Easy, too.
As a scientific subject, it is quite well respected.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads