The Student Room Group

Oxford Classical Archaeology and Ancient History (CAAH) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otw12327
I have the same issue, like my first interview I thought was both good and bad but my interview today (though I messed up a bit) seemed to be overall okay... like I dont know if I'm meant to feel like an oxford interview went okay aha.

I think it's okay to be happy (I say that like I have any authority and am not just trying to convince myself), I enjoyed the interviews at least and so that also makes me feel a little bit better
Original post by DETURVINATOR
Did you talk at all about your personal statement?

Now we just have to wait to see if we will get second college interviews which could mean anything at all.

I think they said we’re not supposed to talk about what was in it (maybe because some people might be yet to do it/get a second interview)
Original post by Anonymous
I think they said we’re not supposed to talk about what was in it (maybe because some people might be yet to do it/get a second interview)

I think that is in reference to the materials that were used in the interview, the general structure is typically the same each year and in an Oxford run Q and A they were talking about the structure so it should be fine, I hope.

Now we just have to wait to see if we will get second college interviews which could mean anything at all.

a little bit! there were a few questions at the end of one regarding stuff i had said, but most of the interview wasn't about it

I had two second college interviews last year for Classics II, I'm reapplying for CAAH, and weirdly enough from my feedback it didn't look like the other colleges looked at the database and called me for interview because they were undersubscribed (one of the colleges I was pooled to was LMH) but because the college I applied to 'ensured' I got a second interview because they didn't think I was bad enough to be outright rejected but not good enough to be accepted by them. I didn't even know that was a reason you could be pooled until it happened to me! Literally just shows that being pooled doesn't really mean much... it could mean anything aha. On the one hand, I hope I get pooled so I can talk to more people because I've enjoyed that so far this week... but on the other hand, I don't because I have bad experience being rejected after it last time. I'm just trying not to read too much into it!
Original post by alfie_aurel
a little bit! there were a few questions at the end of one regarding stuff i had said, but most of the interview wasn't about it

Same with me, in the second interview everything but one question at the end was about sources. I actually messed up the personal statement questions so much though. Really embarrassing for me messing up a question on a topic that I know pretty well because of nerves aha... I just did that thing where you just say a bunch of unstructured words without thinking :frown:
Same with me, in the second interview everything but one question at the end was about sources. I actually messed up the personal statement questions so much though. Really embarrassing for me messing up a question on a topic that I know pretty well because of nerves aha... I just did that thing where you just say a bunch of unstructured words without thinking :frown:

I think I did that in a practice interview and I thought it was awful but apparently it was still good so it probably wasn't as bad as you think it went there.
Reply 187

same omg I rly embarrassed myself on those qs
I think I did that in a practice interview and I thought it was awful but apparently it was still good so it probably wasn't as bad as you think it went there.

Thank you sm!! I guess we'll have to see what happens. Congrats for your good practice interview too... I'm sure you've done great!
Original post by z0351
same omg I rly embarrassed myself on those qs

As I didnt get asked a single question out of 5 interviews about my personal statement last year I really wasnt expecting them this year... I'm sure you did better than you think though... they must understand that we're really scared, we'll both see what happens with pooling on Friday and then in January though. Good luck :smile:
Reply 190
As I didnt get asked a single question out of 5 interviews about my personal statement last year I really wasnt expecting them this year... I'm sure you did better than you think though... they must understand that we're really scared, we'll both see what happens with pooling on Friday and then in January though. Good luck :smile:

Good luck to u aswell! :smile:
Has anyone been called back for another interview tomorrow? (I haven’t, a blessing and a curse to be honest)
Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by pinkblancmange
Has anyone been called back for another interview tomorrow? (I haven’t, a blessing and a curse to be honest)

Apparently we're meant to be hearing about second college interviews tomorrow x
Original post by hello5789
Apparently we're meant to be hearing about second college interviews tomorrow

Whoops. Thank you and to think I thought I was almost out of the woods.
Whoops. Thank you and to think I thought I was almost out of the woods.

We are year 13s (or at least most of us are), we are never really out of the woods, there's always another one just around the corner.

I heard today that I have got a second interview next Tuesday but I don't think it really means much either way as they seem to give second interviews for so many different reasons

i've been called for another interview at a different college next week!
Original post by alfie_aurel
i've been called for another interview at a different college next week!

Which college did you hear back from?
Original post by hello5789
Which college did you hear back from?

lmh!
Looks like I don't have a second college interview, nothing to do then but wait for a month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending