Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just opened my e-mail and received this message:

Subj: HI
    Date: 02/03/04 16:11:07 GMT Standard Time
    To: EDITED
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi

I am looking to meet an unattached woman - anyone you know interested?

Speak soon

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.

Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of the Government unless confirmed by a communication signed on behalf of the Secretary of State.

The Department's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
    ******************************** ******************************** *******************

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

What the hell!!>!?!?! I've only e-mailed ONE government agency in my life and that was my LEA, where the hell has this come from?!

ReputationRep:
    interesting :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably a despo, or a cannibal

Humour him!

Anyone else been getting wierd messages from strangers, all with attachments, and all 24kb big? My hotmail account gets them a fair bit now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)

Hi

Speak soon

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.

Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of the Government unless confirmed by a communication signed on behalf of the Secretary of State.

The Department's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
    ******************************** ******************************** *******************

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

What the hell!!>!?!?! I've only e-mailed ONE government agency in my life and that was my LEA, where the hell has this come from?!
    careful - it could be a virus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmytapeworm)
    Quote of the Week:
    In the same way that UCAS send out your indication of Firm to Uni X and Insurance to Uni Y, they also send Declined to Unis S, T, V, W.
    (Where S, T, V, W, X, Y (subset) of Universities applied to) - Expression
    Yeah I didn't get that much either.....I was the one who asked as well lol

ReputationRep:

Hi

Speak soon

One of the netski variant perhaps.

Though would have thought GSi would have picked that one up...

Can't see it being genuine... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    From a government agency?

Well she has been rubbishing Royal Mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Nope all my e-mail is atuomatically scanned...there were no attachments and the end of the address is Government.....

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    thats one messed up email.... i have had weirder tho, someone thought i was jewish once, i am a blonde haired blue eyed protestant, and i got death threats saying they knew where i lived ( they actually did)and that they were coming... im not a big fan of email

ReputationRep:
    Nope all my e-mail is atuomatically scanned...there were no attachments and the end of the address is Government.....

blimey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Probably a despo, or a cannibal

Humour him!

Anyone else been getting wierd messages from strangers, all with attachments, and all 24kb big? My hotmail account gets them a fair bit now...
    Loads, theres a new variant of Netski out, one of those silly address book viruses.

Just don't open the attachments.

Most of them go to my junk box automatically anyway

ReputationRep:
    I was in our local shop the other day and a known paedophile works there, he IDed me when I went to get cigarettes, this is about as scary

ReputationRep:

Micheal Howard or perhaps IDS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Micheal Howard or perhaps IDS?
    They're not in government dude...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Daveo's distant relative is stalking me. lol

ReputationRep:
    Oooh does anybody know what the ODPM means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    They're not in government dude...
    Oh the irony...........

(Wow, so you actually picked up on that? I bet you didn't have a spliff.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Oh the irony...........

(Wow, so you actually picked up on that? I bet you didn't have a spliff.)
    Yeah I'm actually clever dontcha know...

And Dani, ODPM, sounds good actually! "Overdose Prime Minister", teehee...

ReputationRep:
    Whats even more scary - which government agency is ODPM ... ?

OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER...

Oi Prescott.... Nooooooooo !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Whats even more scary - which government agency is ODPM ... ?

OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER...

Oi Prescott.... Nooooooooo !
    You mean the egg catcher?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.