The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Expression
Whats even more scary - which government agency is ODPM ... ?

OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER...

Oi Prescott.... Nooooooooo !

my dad met prescott, but who the hell is Chris Millet I e-mailed him back saying...and who the hell are you?
Reply 21
Expression
Whats even more scary - which government agency is ODPM ... ?

OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER...

Oi Prescott.... Nooooooooo !

watch it, he catch you out with the old right hand hook
Reply 22
Ollie
watch it, he catch you out with the old right hand hook

What a ponce Prescott is! He's hilarious!

"Yeah I'm Old Labour, I think we should give back to the poor, now which of my Jags do I drive away in..."
Does this make me special now!?!?!?
:biggrin:
*throws fairy dust aka craft shop glitter over everybody*
Reply 24
ZJuwelH
What a ponce Prescott is! He's hilarious!

"Yeah I'm Old Labour, I think we should give back to the poor, now which of my Jags do I drive away in..."

..........the one which will alllow my fat rear egg covered end to slide into.
Reply 25
Bhaal85
..........the one which will alllow my fat rear egg covered end to slide into.

I can just imagine the pop as he finally squeezes in...
Reply 26
Danithestudent
Nope all my e-mail is atuomatically scanned...there were no attachments and the end of the address is Government.....

:confused:

Regards it appearing to be a Government email address, you can pretty much ignore that. I can send you an email appearing to come from [email protected]... it's far too easy to make an email appear to come from any address.

What would be more interesting, is the actual source of the message... if you post that we can see if it really did originate from HM's Government in which case I'm sure the Sun would be most interested!
Tednol
Regards it appearing to be a Government email address, you can pretty much ignore that. I can send you an email appearing to come from [email protected]... it's far too easy to make an email appear to come from any address.

What would be more interesting, is the actual source of the message... if you post that we can see if it really did originate from HM's Government in which case I'm sure the Sun would be most interested!

How do I find that?
Tednol

I can confirm for you that that is an address from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, and given I have contacts within the civil service, my contact is at DFES.gov.uk (Dept. for Education & Services), that that is the scanning system that the Government use to check their messages for viruses, (the GSi bit as a "signature").
Expression
I can confirm for you that that is an address from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, and given I have contacts within the civil service, my contact is at DFES.gov.uk (Dept. for Education & Services), that that is the scanning system that the Government use to check their messages for viruses, (the GSi bit as a "signature").

Really????!?!?! :eek:
What do I do? Where did they get my e-mail? Am I being watched now?!?!?!?!?
You are SCARING me
Reply 30
Expression

Could still be an elaborate hoax... we can have a look at the IP addresses where the email actually originated from if we get the source.

Regards getting the source Dani, do you have Outlook or Outlook Express? If you do, open the email. Click on file. Click on properties. Click on the details tab. Click on the message source button, and cut and paste. Remember to delete your email address if you want to.
Tednol
Could still be an elaborate hoax... we can have a look at the IP addresses where the email actually originated from if we get the source.

Regards getting the source Dani, do you have Outlook or Outlook Express? If you do, open the email. Click on file. Click on properties. Click on the details tab. Click on the message source button, and cut and paste. Remember to delete your email address if you want to.

it's in AOL
Tednol
Could still be an elaborate hoax...

If it was a hoax, you aint kidding !

Looks like a genuine address, simply by the signature regarding the virus scan.

What I mean by that is that it is precisely the wording of the government agencies.

Could well just have been a typing error on the part of the author of the email.

But still, sounds like the bloke is looking for someone !
Reply 33
Danithestudent
it's in AOL

It'll be there if you hunt. Might be called the message headers if it's not called the message source. Don't worry though, interesting email none the less!
Tednol
It'll be there if you hunt. Might be called the message headers if it's not called the message source. Don't worry though, interesting email none the less!

scary nonetheless
Reply 35
Danithestudent
scary nonetheless

That too.
is this of any use?

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from rly-ye05.mx.aol.com (rly-ye05.mail.aol.com [172.18.204.37]) by air-ye03.mail.aol.com (v98.10) with ESMTP id MAILINYE34-2564044b1ef2db; Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:11:07 -0500
Received: from mail39.messagelabs.com (mail39.messagelabs.com [193.109.254.243]) by rly-ye05.mx.aol.com (v98.5) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINYE58-2564044b1ef2db; Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:10:23 -0500
X-VirusChecked: Checked
X-Env-Sender: [email protected]
X-Msg-Ref: server-12.tower-39.messagelabs.com!1078243821!1047600
X-StarScan-Version: 5.1.15; banners=odpm.gsi.gov.uk,-,-
Received: (qmail 1054 invoked from network); 2 Mar 2004 16:10:21 -0000
Received: from gateway102.gsi.gov.uk (HELO mail4.gsi.gov.uk) (212.137.57.41)
by server-12.tower-39.messagelabs.com with SMTP; 2 Mar 2004 16:10:21 -0000
Received: from mail1.dtlr.gsi.gov.uk ([51.64.32.178] helo=GSIC-GMH-MSW20.GSIC.DFT.GSI.GOV.UK)
by mail4.gsi.gov.uk with esmtp
id 1AyCTG-0002e9-CY
for EDITED; Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:10:14 +0000
Received: from ETHOSGWA.internal.dtlr.gov.uk (unverified) by
GSIC-GMH-MSW20.GSIC.DFT.GSI.GOV.UK (Content Technologies SMTPRS 4.3.12)
with ESMTP id <[email protected]>
for <edited>; Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:13:11 +0000
Received: from ETHOSIA_GWD-MTA by ETHOSGWA.internal.dtlr.gov.uk with
Novell_GroupWise; Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:10:13 +0000
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
X-Mailer: Novell GroupWise Internet Agent 6.0.3
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:09:57 +0000
To: <EDITED>
Subject: HI
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=_280921F5.66074B10"
X-AOL-IP: 193.109.254.243
X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE: 0:XXX:XX
X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT: 0
DTLR isn't that department of trade leisure and resources or something
Danithestudent
DTLR isn't that department of trade leisure and resources or something

Transport, Local Government and the Regions.

Which:

DTLR Website

Most of the other responsibilities of the former Department for Transport Local Government and the Regions (DTLR) will be brought into the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) and put together with his existing related responsibilities for social exclusion and the regions (including the Government Offices in the Regions).

The evidence continues to roll in.
Expression
Transport, Local Government and the Regions.

Which:

The evidence continues to roll in.

ARGHHH MY DAD WORKED THERE! No wonder they'd be looking at me!! FUDGEEEEEE

Latest

Trending

Trending