Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on the board signed it? I had to sign it before taking up my job last summer working in the Officers Mess on RAF Cottesmore. It was for a job cleaning rooms, serving food, bar work etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Anyone on the board signed it? I had to sign it before taking up my job last summer working in the Officers Mess on RAF Cottesmore. It was for a job cleaning rooms, serving food, bar work etc.
    My dad has he was a Wing Commander in the RAF and worked for the government. He always promised to leave his diaries to me when he died but now he has to burn them

ReputationRep:
    yea, I had to sign something like that when I did volunteering at a police station for a few months. There wasn't anything I could really find out though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    My dad has he was a Wing Commander in the RAF and worked for the government. He always promised to leave his diaries to me when he died but now he has to burn them
    Tell you what Dani, do a summer job for civilian contractors on a RAF base, sign the Official Secrets Act, and then you will be allowed to see your dad's diaries perfectly legally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    yea, I had to sign something like that when I did volunteering at a police station for a few months. There wasn't anything I could really find out though.
    LOL I know what you mean. The only thing of semi-interest I came across, which I must confess I did flick through, was a folder marked secret which was in the bin of an officer who had just moved out.

ReputationRep:
    I look through my dad's diaries anyway....lol I want to keep them till the 30 year date thing adn then release them...well I do want to be a journalist! lol

My dad was "involved" in counter-terrorism wayyyyy back but I really can't say much more

ReputationRep:
    I look through my dad's diaries anyway....lol I want to keep them till the 30 year date thing adn then release them...well I do want to be a journalist! lol

My dad was "involved" in counter-terrorism wayyyyy back but I really can't say much more
    I love my dad... he always tells me wonderful/scary snippets about RAF goings on (he is an RAF Wing Commander). He knows he shouldn't, but equally he knows I'm no Claire Short.

ReputationRep:
    I love my dad... he always tells me wonderful/scary snippets about RAF goings on (he is an RAF Wing Commander). He knows he shouldn't, but equally he knows I'm no Claire Short.
    LOL, is that where he's based then? I was born at Hendon

And as for the rest of it, yep it's cool isn't it!
    He actually knows my friend who lives down the road..my BEST friend. Her dad "died" but he knows that her dad was murdered and even she doesn't know that, her dad used to be the Kray's rivals accountant

ReputationRep:
    LOL I know what you mean. The only thing of semi-interest I came across, which I must confess I did flick through, was a folder marked secret which was in the bin of an officer who had just moved out.
    heh but one thing i did find from the locker room at the station was a strong smell of the waccy baccy. coppers these days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    heh but one thing i did find from the locker room at the station was a strong smell of the waccy baccy. coppers these days..
    They do confiscate a lot of drugs... always did wonder what they did with them.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, is that where he's based then? I was born at Hendon

And as for the rest of it, yep it's cool isn't it!
    He actually knows my friend who lives down the road..my BEST friend. Her dad "died" but he knows that her dad was murdered and even she doesn't know that, her dad used to be the Kray's rivals accountant
    Yea based on Cottesmore. Used to live at Hendon though!

LOL my dad hasn't told me about people who have died/been murdered. But he did point out the US and the UK chief spies when we lived in Riyadh. And he did enlighten me regards some funny business regards the RAF in Iraq this time round.

ReputationRep:
    Yea based on Cottesmore. Used to live at Hendon though!

LOL my dad hasn't told me about people who have died/been murdered. But he did point out the US and the UK chief spies when we lived in Riyadh. And he did enlighten me regards some funny business regards the RAF in Iraq this time round.
    Woah Crazy!!!!!
    My dad left like back in 1987 or something though to spend more time with me then he got headhunted and worked at Department of Transport until about 2 years ago, now he owns his own security company and is going to Peru and the Sudan etc.
    They were also stationed in Cyprus, Rhinedalan and our next door neighbour who died her husband used to be Douglas Barder's boss and we've got photos from them of President Roosvelt playing with a baby cheetah on safari and them meeting Eva Peron etc it's so sketchy

ReputationRep:
    Woah Crazy!!!!!
    My dad left like back in 1987 or something though to spend more time with me then he got headhunted and worked at Department of Transport until about 2 years ago, now he owns his own security company and is going to Peru and the Sudan etc.
    They were also stationed in Cyprus, Rhinedalan and our next door neighbour who died her husband used to be Douglas Barder's boss and we've got photos from them of President Roosvelt playing with a baby cheetah on safari and them meeting Eva Peron etc it's so sketchy
    whoa, so have all ur bfs (not that u have had loads, or a slut or anything) been background checked by ur dad or is that just a childish thought. In fact u may not know if they were.

ReputationRep:
    Lol wouldn't surprise me hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Woah Crazy!!!!!
    The RAF world is so small. My parents were stationed in Cyprus and Germany too.

ReputationRep:
    Its classified.

ReputationRep:
    you also have to sign it if you work in a post office

ReputationRep:
    I feel left out - all my family were navy people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you also have to sign it if you work in a post office
    i did some work for the post office (my dad works for them, head of area south west) and i had to sign it too, lol, not much to give away mind...

ReputationRep:
    But would any of you do a Katharine Gun??

Not sure I see the point in signing it if you can get away with breaking it...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.