Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Anyone on the board signed it? I had to sign it before taking up my job last summer working in the Officers Mess on RAF Cottesmore. It was for a job cleaning rooms, serving food, bar work etc.
    If I told you that, then I would have to kill you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Pierce)
    But would any of you do a Katharine Gun??

Not sure I see the point in signing it if you can get away with breaking it...
    What a whistle blower, she is a complete and utter traitor. You know, and I know that far more serious and worse things have happend behind the governments closed doors, yet we don't hear about it.

ReputationRep:
    My Auntie is a buyer for aeronautical equipment and she has to go into buildings with no windows and had to carry a suitcase she didn't know the code to etc. I want to do that when I grow up! She gets to travel everywhere Each company has only a few people who do it - I blame Beagle not landing on her (underordering on screws or something) LOL

ReputationRep:
    If you do any work in the civil service, you have to sign the official secrets act and have a government check done on your background Most of my family have signed it actually, one way or another...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I worked in a post office and had to sign it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    yea, I had to sign something like that when I did volunteering at a police station for a few months. There wasn't anything I could really find out though.
    I have currently applied to be a volunteer, how long did it take them to reply to you and for you to start work.....I applied in July, got a medical form (after I rang them, in Jan) and haven't heard from them since....Also what did you do when you worked in the station....?

ReputationRep:
    Both my dad and my uncle had to sign it and be vetted at different times. There's probably a double entry for my entire family sitting in Whitehall. I might try and see it one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I have currently applied to be a volunteer, how long did it take them to reply to you and for you to start work.....I applied in July, got a medical form (after I rang them, in Jan) and haven't heard from them since....Also what did you do when you worked in the station....?
    it took a few months altogether, someone gave me a phone call after a few weeks then they do a security check (to see if you've had any criminal convictions etc.) where you fill out loads of forms which takes a little more time. It was just at the front counter desk and we had to answer any queries, take in lost and found items, give and help the public fill out forms for car accidents, lost items (a lot of mobiles), and just generally be of service to the community. It was with Millenium Volunteers and all transport is paid and other similar expenses.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.