Whats The Difference Between Conclusion & Evaluation?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
uzi786
Badges: 9
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ok, so Im at final year of A Level, and Im doing CW, but I just realised, I dont know what the difference between the two is.

Anyone care to explain???
Lucky_8
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 16 years ago
Evaluation= good and bad points. reliability etc
Conclusion= what you found out
I think. Sorry. I wouldn't go on what I say.
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Conclusion is at the end where you take a position on the topic being discussed.
Evaluation is where you look at the topic critically from different viewpoints/sides.
ESBay
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Is that like a lab?
COnclusion: Basically, what does your data show. Does it follow your hypothesis, if not why, if so, justify further.
Evaluation: What to do better next time, what went wrong, what went well, account for errors, how to improve the procedure etc.
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ESBay)
Is that like a lab?
COnclusion: Basically, what does your data show. Does it follow your hypothesis, if not why, if so, justify further.
Evaluation: What to do better next time, what went wrong, what went well, account for errors, how to improve the procedure etc.
Only true for scientific courseworks.
ESBay
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by YYYY)
Only true for scientific courseworks.
Exactly, i'm not too sure about the English system. IB student.
turbochargedk
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
For English :- Conclusion - In this piece of writing ------ is trying to say ----
Evaluation - ------ uses ---- to illustrate----- and uses---- device to do this...

I hope that makes it clearer !
dans
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Right...

Conclusion is drawing together all of the threads in the project to give a definitive answer. For example with my geogrpahy I proved my hypothesis wrong and had to explain why with the results from my analysis.

Evaluation - do you do business? It's basically a SWOT analysis of the entire project. If you dont then SWOT is, Strengths - Weaknesses - Opportunities - Threats. Therefore good things, bad things, what could be done next time or to further the investigation and what could have jepardised your results.
Solly
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
I know this is a subject specific question, but the chemistry link doesn't seem to work for me:
What are the sources of errors and possible improvements for an acid base titration? (ex. technique)
I'm doing WJEC, and would like help really soon as my test is tomorrow!!
finnish_777
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
conclusion is the end , evaluation is the process
nuttymimi
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
conclusion is summing up what you have been saying and giving an answer to the question in the title - what you have found out
Evaluation is what everything depends on
bnmfgyjhb,
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
no
4Bros
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Thanks! Helped me so much
Vennesha
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
So can I write evaluation to substitute conclusion?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vennesha)
So can I write evaluation to substitute conclusion?
The conclusion sums up the results and realates them to the aim.
The evaluation deals not with results but rather the validity of the method, possible points of improvement and points similar to such.

The conclusion, going off of most making schemes, is generally a third of the marks that the evaluation is. Often the evaluation can the easiest part to pick marks up on.
They are not interchangable.
hmltd
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
A conclusion rounds off the essay, relaying findings.
An evaluation is judging and assessing findings.
IB_help_please
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
So for IB extended essay, should I write the conclusion first and then evaluation? Or the other way around? Does it really matter per se?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by IB_help_please)
So for IB extended essay, should I write the conclusion first and then evaluation? Or the other way around? Does it really matter per se?
It absolutely matters. You can't conclude until you have evaluated.

Eg evaluation = it appears to be furry, with four legs and a tail. It's very friendly, probably domesticated, because it approaches me and wags its tail.

Conclusion = it's a dog.
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
15 year old thread everyone…
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads