samuel001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham to study Medicine (A100).

Just wondering, do they accept resits? For example at A2 say I get AAB, can I take a gap year and work on a module to improve my B to an A? Or would they not accept this

thanks

edit: I've read the website about the A2 resits, so what if I resit an AS module instead?
lrmj
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by samuel001)
Hi

Just wondering, do they accept resits? For example at A2 say I get AAB, can I take a gap year and work on a module to improve my B to an A? Or would they not accept this

thanks

edit: I've read the website about the A2 resits, so what if I resit an AS module instead?
Hi

I am aware that Nottingham do not take resit applicants (i.e. those that retake the whole of year 13 unless they have special circumstances) and do not approve of A2 resits of modules- though it is important to note that with the latter, the University does not find this out unless you tell them, and you are expected to especially if you are applying for a course like medicine!

I think your best bet would be ringing the applicants office and enquiring with them, though I can't see the harm of resitting AS modules.

Hope this helps you a bit!! And goodluck pursuing medicine
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by samuel001)
Hi

thanks

The website has a bit of info about this: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mhs/unde...dex.aspx#Resit

Resitting an AS module for a subject should be fine, but depending on timings you might not need to declare it (nor specifically hide it) on your UCAS application.

If you're concerned that it might harm your application, you could always give the university school a ring to see what they say (details on that link above)
luisafonso25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I am considering applying to Nottingham (A100), yet back on the tenth grade I got C at english first language, however I resat it and achieved A. Would I still be considered an offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads