This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
Gimp- i think u need to talk to ur other half!
I know what he means and I sympathise with him to some extent. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. You want to be with the boy/girl in question more than anything, but circumstances make it so very difficult.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It worked for me, I met Wes in an internet chatroom, we talked for about a month everyday via email, then called each other until we decided to meet. We then met for one day every other week for about 4 months, It was very hard, but we talked everyday. Then we saw each other a little more often, say every weekend. Then after 9 months of dating I moved in with him at his parents. 18 monthson we bought our own house, 2.5 years on and we are getting married this december.
So it can work, but it really helped that wes could drive, otherwise it would have been harder to see each other. However I don't think I could have managed for much longer being so far away, They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sometimes reduced me to tears.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
It worked for me, I met Wes in an internet chatroom, we talked for about a month everyday via email, then called each other until we decided to meet. We then met for one day every other week for about 4 months, It was very hard, but we talked everyday. Then we saw each other a little more often, say every weekend. Then after 9 months of dating I moved in with him at his parents. 18 monthson we bought our own house, 2.5 years on and we are getting married this december.
So it can work, but it really helped that wes could drive, otherwise it would have been harder to see each other. However I don't think I could have managed for much longer being so far away, They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sometimes reduced me to tears.

ahh that's such a sweet story...
like a fairytale...
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeah i heard snow white met her prince in a chat room
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (12)
12.12%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
62.63%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.14%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.02%

Watched Threads