Turn on thread page Beta

Long Distance Relationships watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Gimp- i think u need to talk to ur other half!
    I know what he means and I sympathise with him to some extent. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. You want to be with the boy/girl in question more than anything, but circumstances make it so very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    It worked for me, I met Wes in an internet chatroom, we talked for about a month everyday via email, then called each other until we decided to meet. We then met for one day every other week for about 4 months, It was very hard, but we talked everyday. Then we saw each other a little more often, say every weekend. Then after 9 months of dating I moved in with him at his parents. 18 monthson we bought our own house, 2.5 years on and we are getting married this december.
    So it can work, but it really helped that wes could drive, otherwise it would have been harder to see each other. However I don't think I could have managed for much longer being so far away, They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sometimes reduced me to tears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    It worked for me, I met Wes in an internet chatroom, we talked for about a month everyday via email, then called each other until we decided to meet. We then met for one day every other week for about 4 months, It was very hard, but we talked everyday. Then we saw each other a little more often, say every weekend. Then after 9 months of dating I moved in with him at his parents. 18 monthson we bought our own house, 2.5 years on and we are getting married this december.
    So it can work, but it really helped that wes could drive, otherwise it would have been harder to see each other. However I don't think I could have managed for much longer being so far away, They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sometimes reduced me to tears.

ahh that's such a sweet story...
    like a fairytale...

ReputationRep:
    yeah i heard snow white met her prince in a chat room

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.