I want a possessive boyfriend Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I really want to meet a guy who will be possessive and controlling in our relationship. Is that weird?
Bollo's Lovechild
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, it just means you've been reading 50 Shades of Grey, just like seemingly every other female on the planet...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey actually. I just like the idea of a guy being jealous and possessive. Where can I find guys like this?
BristolStudent96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In a divorce court...
jamboogy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Contact your local leprechaun.
AndrewWong92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In prison for wife-beating.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey actually. I just like the idea of a guy being jealous and possessive. Where can I find guys like this?
Anon as she is on here. I am like this and was for many years with my gf. Initially I wasn't but she was very clingly, attention seeking and jealous. But for some reason because I loved her it wasn't off putting. It made me become like that in the end.

I am not happy about my change. It's not healthy but I think it's gone too far. The blame lies with her for all this.
Staceycake
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bollo's Lovechild)
No, it just means you've been reading 50 Shades of Grey, just like seemingly every other female on the planet...
I have a vest top saying "We aim to Please" - 50 shades of Grey.. I only wanted it 'cause I wished it said "I aim to please" ... I wouldn't waste my time reading the books though.

Anyway that is weird..
they can be way too controlling.
n0c0ntr0l
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bollo's Lovechild)
The worst thing about 50 shades of grey is that it doesn't depict what a real BDSM relationship is like in the slightest. I feel for anyone silly enough to use it as some sort of guide.
ANIGAV
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can be controlling, even beat you with my belt if you're interesting enough to experiment.
bobbieare
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not weird, it just means that you want to be seen as an object...good luck with that
fuzznbass
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got n00dz ?
ct2k7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am quite jealous and I know that I can get quite possessive

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP in what way do you mean controlling? Are you talking about someone who wouldnt let you leave the house or always want to tell you what to do with your life type of way?

Depending on what you mean and the extent to which you mean jealous and controlling.. maybe you just want to feel needed and loved like you are the only girl in the world and wouldnt want them to want to live without you type of way

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
kunoichi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No you dont.

not at all.
Flibble22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Being possessive implies faithfulness, which is why you probably seek it. Doesn't mean you can't have one without the other..
PaperBoy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think op is just looking for an alpha male who will lead the way in a relationship. He will organise everything on a date. He will control the relationship but not using physical force etc.

To me, this is normal. Everyone wants different things. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
Tutups
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really want to meet a guy who will be possessive and controlling in our relationship. Is that weird?
First of all. No its not, women are kinda wired to want an "Alpha male" its a throwback to the caves.

Second, a bit of friendly well-meaning advice, if you meet a guy and get into BDSM with him, PLEASE, watch yourself and know your limits- make sure he does too.

Tips; Google it, learn the protocols and make sure you feel safe at all times.

If you're into kink agree a safeword ( a common thing is the traffic light system. if he tries to carry on with a 'scene'- basically anything other than making sure you're ok and calming you down if you're panicking- after you say your word technically, and legally, that's rape).

Define consent between you and make sure he knows you can pull out at anytime(just cos you said yes yesterday -ten minutes ago- doesn't mean you can't say no today -now-).

Remember "Safe,Sane,Consesual" is the cornerstone of all D/s relationships) and have a look for a "submissive bill of rights" or come up with your own you're both comfortable with.

Wanting controlling is one thing but I doubt you want to be abused and knowing what you will and won't stand for is a major part of that.

And if you do find yourself being abused by someone you trust ; WALK AWAY most of the leather community will back you 110% and any vanilla people out there will as well even if they don't really 'get' it.

Source: Google search a few years back when I was curious and a few of my friends have relationships like this. Please feel free to PM me if you need any advice or have any questions regarding what I've posted.

EDIT: I haven't read 50shades but I hear tell its worse than bad fanfiction and only slightly better than My Immortal and only cos all the names are right and the grammar and spelling have been checked :dontknow: like I said, haven't read it.... But I really hope no-one uses pulp fiction or fanfiction to learn about BDSM

Also I totally agree with the post below , you can't really be f*d up and twisted and "sane" in the sense most people take it as esp in BDSM (I know people who wouldn't "play" if someone was grieving cos they feel they're not at full capacity, capability, and would be distracted!) At the same time.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC ChaCha A810e
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
The worst thing about 50 shades of grey is that it doesn't depict what a real BDSM relationship is like in the slightest. I feel for anyone silly enough to use it as some sort of guide.
Agreed. It is a travesty that BDSM is portrayed to be something unstable ****ed up people do. When in reality, the vast majority of people who are into BDSM are in very stable relationships.
Noor16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Its not bad for u to have possive boyfriend. I also want a boyfriend like that bcz in my family i don't get attention so i want attention not clingy type so r u sure that u don't have scenario like me.. U can't find they will come to u, you just have to wait.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (279)
47.94%
No (67)
11.51%
I'm not old enough (236)
40.55%

Watched Threads