Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i need some advice because im hopeless when it comes to this kind of thing.

i recently started at a new school, i have made a lot of friends and i have a boyfriend... i knew him from before i went to school there though. we have been going out for about a month.
    at school i have this other friend who is really really nice, but my boyfriend hates him. i have no problem with this, i dont mind who people like or dislike.
    but my bf is trying to tell me dirt about my friends past so that i wont like my friend anymore, he tries get my other friends to tell me stuff too, i dont really like this, i can be friends with who i want.
    i also found out today that my boyfriend is ashamed of me because i am friends with this person. it hasnt really given me a good feeling, i am going to talk to my bf tomorrow, what do you think i should do?

ReputationRep:
    What you want to do. Who cares what your guy thinks, after all you havent been going out for that long.

ReputationRep:
    give him a good talking too, say that he has to respect your friendships with others. he hasnt got a right to try and control who you are friends with

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps your bf has good reason to hate this person? Can't you just agree to disagree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Perhaps your bf has good reason to hate this person? Can't you just agree to disagree?
    thats what i think... but he trie to influence my judgement with bad stuff he knows about my friend, and he tried to dig up new stuff to tell me...
    i really like him, but i dont want to stop my friendhip wit my friend either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessie)
    thats what i think... but he trie to influence my judgement with bad stuff he knows about my friend, and he tried to dig up new stuff to tell me...
    i really like him, but i dont want to stop my friendhip wit my friend either.
    Is he jealous of your friendship? - make sure he doesn't make you choose between him and your friend.

ReputationRep:
    if he puts you in a positioni to make a decision to choose between the two, then he's probably not the one you should be with. he cant control who you are and arent friends with. the same thing was happening with my best mate and his girlfriend a while ago

ReputationRep:
    well put it this way, if u new a girl at ur school who in the past has done some pretty horrid thigns, and has had an influence on ur life, and suddenyl the new boy who is ur new bf decides to make good friends with her. u wudnt b too happy about it wud u???

ReputationRep:

i recently started at a new school, i have made a lot of friends and i have a boyfriend... i knew him from before i went to school there though. we have been going out for about a month.
    at school i have this other friend who is really really nice, but my boyfriend hates him. i have no problem with this, i dont mind who people like or dislike.
    but my bf is trying to tell me dirt about my friends past so that i wont like my friend anymore, he tries get my other friends to tell me stuff too, i dont really like this, i can be friends with who i want.
    i also found out today that my boyfriend is ashamed of me because i am friends with this person. it hasnt really given me a good feeling, i am going to talk to my bf tomorrow, what do you think i should do?
    He is so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    well put it this way, if u new a girl at ur school who in the past has done some pretty horrid thigns, and has had an influence on ur life, and suddenyl the new boy who is ur new bf decides to make good friends with her. u wudnt b too happy about it wud u???
    yeah but live and let live... sure i wouldnt be happy, but i respect people and their decisions, because that situation (well similar) has happened to me, and i was cool with it

ReputationRep:
    thanks for ur help guys... im gonna talk to him and say that i really like him and he can accept my friendship with this person (he doesnt have to like it, he just has to live with it) or he can find himself another better gf

ReputationRep:
    yeah but live and let live... sure i wouldnt be happy, but i respect people and their decisions, because that situation (well similar) has happened to me, and i was cool with it
    yea but really it dpends on what reeeally happened. and this lad, u dont really no him either and what he is like. id say cool it for a bit.

ReputationRep:

jealousy is not good, it could lead to more...

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.