Umer786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just want to know what your opinion is on this subject, which uni is better and why between Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Vitamin D
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Strathclyde, largely. It's very well respected for subjects such as chemistry, physics, business and engineering.
Norton1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
University of Glasgow.
Aerofantastic94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on subject, kind of, but generally Strathclyde is the more highly regarded university from Caledonian.

(Original post by Norton1)
University of Glasgow.
Although totally irrelevant to the OP, Glasgow isn't any better than Strathclyde, they are overall similar.
Norton1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aerofantastic94)
Depends on subject, kind of, but generally Strathclyde is the more highly regarded university from Caledonian.

Although totally irrelevant to the OP, Glasgow isn't any better than Strathclyde, they are overall similar.
Generally Glasgow is the more highly regarded university than Strathclyde. Might be relevant to them, maybe they're foreign and haven't heard of Glasgow.
KiaraMarissa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going to Strathclyde for chemistry in 3 weeks so that's obviously the best out of the two.
emmaleigh21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
strathclyde. much better the Glasgow cale

Aerofantastic94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Norton1)
Generally Glasgow is the more highly regarded university than Strathclyde. Might be relevant to them, maybe they're foreign and haven't heard of Glasgow.
MAYBE haha :P

EDIT: They are highly regarded since Glasgow do Law and Dentistry and are highly respectable in those areas whereas Strathclyde do not, and are more regarded for the engineering.
Norton1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aerofantastic94)
MAYBE haha :P

EDIT: They are highly regarded since Glasgow do Law and Dentistry and are highly respectable in those areas whereas Strathclyde do not, and are more regarded for the engineering.
Strathclyde do law...
alaska.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Strathclyde, largely. It's very well respected for subjects such as chemistry, physics, business and engineering.
Agreed. I will go to Strathclyde to study Business in September and just out of interest I looked at the German partner schools and they were all the best ones in Germany whereas Caledonian didn't offer any I didn't even hear of (I have many friends that study Business in Germany).

As when it comes to Glasgow Uni, it is a lot older and built up more reputation. If that is justified is another story, but Strathclyde certainly competes in quite a few subject areas.
Caedus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Strathclyde does a damn fine job of competing against Glasgow, especially in the scientific and quantitative subjects. I would choose Strathclyde.
me_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not a bad uni at all but they're a bit up themselves. Like to think they're up there with likes of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

username306617
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends what you want to study OP.

Sciences, Engineering, Business, Education? Strathclyde
Physiotherapy? Optometry? Nursing? Glasgow Caledonian
Ui95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hijack on a side note, glasgow or strathclyde for economics?

Gareth.B
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Strathclyde. But it really depends on the subject.

(Original post by Ui95)
Strathclyde Uni is internationally acclaimed for it's business school.
Caedus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ui95)

I've found that a lot of my economics tutors (foreign PhD students, for the most part) at Glasgow appear to pretty slap-dash in their teaching methods, caring little about their undergraduate students. However, I don't know if the quality of teaching is any better at Strathclyde.
Naji 123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys
Which one is better Strathclyde university or university of Glasgow for electronic and electrical engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.61%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.32%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.07%

Watched Threads