The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

I have become Mourinho:
Reply 181

David Beckham eat your heart out.
Mourinho leaves Real Madrid to take charge of oil rich Liverpool (who've been doing crap despite lavish spending), I've been linked with the Real job but Stuart Pearce is the favourite o.0
Just had a quick look at my info tab, and noticed Kaka is in the favoured personnel section - he's only played 50 games in nigh on two seasons. I signed him for £750k in January 2015, and its now December 2016. Very odd.
Original post by J@tko

David Beckham eat your heart out.

What a goal :coma:

:rofl: at the goal keeper
okay im confused never had this before

i have a player who needs a work permit, arnt they usually just not able to sign if i cant get a permit, heck the option of him applying didnt even come up he cost me 4 mil for a championship side!!!
Original post by kopite493
okay im confused never had this before

i have a player who needs a work permit, arnt they usually just not able to sign if i cant get a permit, heck the option of him applying didnt even come up he cost me 4 mil for a championship side!!!

That was the way before, but now you can sign them and loan them out - e.g., I have Antwerp as a feeder club just so I can send players there for three years to gain Belgian nationality.

The WP is automatically applied for, though you should have had the option to appeal the decision.
Original post by TheEssence
"high transfers"? and yes they are all as high as possible

High valuations, so if they're worth around 300k-500k when they first start you can get a world class player out of them sometimes, if they're worth between 800k+ your certain to get a world class player from them unless their stats are absolutely ****e.

2 wins and a loss in 3 league games. beat everton 2-0, inexpiclably lost 4-1 to sunderland then came up with a classic 1-0 performance vs man united. Got arsenal next though so hopefully(but unlikely) I can replicate the same thing :colonhash:

My striker has scored in every game this season. Scored one vs everton, scored vs sunderland and scored vs united. It's going to be a good season for him. He'll probably amass 400-500 goals in his career with me.

Oh and my backup striker can play AM, he's improved his passing to 15, got good stamina, off the ball and stuff so he can be my backup playmaker since my main no 10 is injured. It's a shame he's slow, would have been a great complete forward if his pace was 15+ but he's only 12 pace and acceleration at 22 years of age.
(edited 11 years ago)
struggling to field 6 english players. They're just so expensive for what they are...
Reply 189
So, new PC has arrived and I'm forced to start afresh (not that any of my older games were too far in). Have opted to jump right into where I left off with that Delemont save where all leagues were playable. Took it back a little bit so things started in January rather than February, and I let the game run for a few days before I started applying for jobs, going only for those that were vacated while the game was running (and yes, there were a few of them; with the game effectively being holidayed to the start point in Jan 2012, some teams were drastically underperforming by the time the game started and managers were given zero time within the game to try and get themselves out of a bind; the most severe case I saw in the SR Delemont save was in Belgium where Standard Liege were in the relegation zone when I started in February). I am now manager of MVV Maastricht in Holland's Eerste Divisie. I'm 14th out of 18, 8 points shy of 9th (the final playoff spot) and 13 points clear of the sole relegation spot. Nine games left in the season, and while there's a slim chance of getting to the playoffs (or being relegated), I'm not sure it's too likely, so I think I'll just have to consolidate for this year and keep my scouts busy, ready to improve the team in the summer.
Started my 9th season with the new stadium to be completed at the end of the season. Torn about actually buying more players for the future as I think I want to leave after I've finished my 10th season. What's the point in buying a world class youngster aged 17/18 if I won't be around to make any use of him? My squad is young enough that it could carry on for another 3 years with no changes, possibly another 5-7 with about 4 changes.

Do I continue to build for the future or not? :colondollar:
Original post by Dalimyr
So, new PC has arrived and I'm forced to start afresh (not that any of my older games were too far in). Have opted to jump right into where I left off with that Delemont save where all leagues were playable. Took it back a little bit so things started in January rather than February, and I let the game run for a few days before I started applying for jobs, going only for those that were vacated while the game was running (and yes, there were a few of them; with the game effectively being holidayed to the start point in Jan 2012, some teams were drastically underperforming by the time the game started and managers were given zero time within the game to try and get themselves out of a bind; the most severe case I saw in the SR Delemont save was in Belgium where Standard Liege were in the relegation zone when I started in February). I am now manager of MVV Maastricht in Holland's Eerste Divisie. I'm 14th out of 18, 8 points shy of 9th (the final playoff spot) and 13 points clear of the sole relegation spot. Nine games left in the season, and while there's a slim chance of getting to the playoffs (or being relegated), I'm not sure it's too likely, so I think I'll just have to consolidate for this year and keep my scouts busy, ready to improve the team in the summer.

I played as FC Eindhoven in FM11, was a tough job. You basically can't sign anyone in the English leagues, and people in the Eredivisie are too expensive for the club. So the only players I could sign were youngsters from the likes of Ajax and PSV on loan and building up knowledge of the players around you in the Eerste Divisie.
Players I suggest looking at include: Jelle De Bock, Markiet, Lorenzo Pique, Danny Hoesen, Andrea Filleccia (Filleccia might be spelt slightly wrong, but he plays for Excelsior) and if you have all other leagues playable, then in my Keflavik save I found some cracking players, some of them are: Yurchanka, Golubovic, Dudu, Zuela, Saevarsson and Vidarsson.
Below is a quote from Graham Hunter's book, BARCA: THE MAKING OF THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

The other thing about Messi was that my kids were into that Championship Manager game and
they’d told me about him when he was only 12 or 13, that he was going to be a superstar.”

Did championship manager had players as young as 12/13? :confused:
Original post by Llamageddon
struggling to field 6 english players. They're just so expensive for what they are...

Yeah, had this problem with spanish players, just look for bargains from lower league clubs/mid table clubs and find the wonderkid or two. If you look correctly you'll find a player, southampton are always worth a mention.
Original post by raheem94
Below is a quote from Graham Hunter's book, BARCA: THE MAKING OF THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Did championship manager had players as young as 12/13? :confused:

Yeah, I remember it having freddy adu when he was 13.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277

Thanks.
Reply 195
Original post by Angry cucumber
:rofl: at the goal keeper

It's De Gea :biggrin:
Original post by jam277
Yeah, had this problem with spanish players, just look for bargains from lower league clubs/mid table clubs and find the wonderkid or two. If you look correctly you'll find a player, southampton are always worth a mention.

I'm Portsmouth. Southampton players are somewhat out of bounds! I've had to bring in loans to get my 6. If I get promoted this season then big team cast-offs become a better possibility, so hopefully that will solve a few issues.
Original post by Llamageddon
I'm Portsmouth. Southampton players are somewhat out of bounds! I've had to bring in loans to get my 6. If I get promoted this season then big team cast-offs become a better possibility, so hopefully that will solve a few issues.

Charlton athletic, sheffield wednesday are other options. Big team cast offs, getting the big team players as soon as the new regens come in around march will help.

Did that to a barca player as real sociedad. He took time and work(costed me a game or two) but eventually he became a solid defender, when I went to barca I bought him back for 5 million and he was bought for 500k.
Reply 198
Balls. I decided to check out my parent club Trabzonspor to see if there might be anyone there that I could loan. I found someone in the reserves who looked pretty decent and wasn't in Trabzonspor's plans and scouted him...but I'd missed that he's under a global ban for two years; a quick Google check revealed that he failed a doping test, so as good as he may be for me, I can't get him :frown:
Just registered Walcott for Villa in January.

I've noticed he's declined a lot. He's barely played in the last 4 month due to me being an idiot and forgetting to register him, and he had a serious injury just after he signed for me at the last major international tournament. However he's played a couple of times for England since then and looked awesome :/

Quick Reply

Latest