Football Manager Society III Watch

Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aramiss18)
Also, anyone had Raheem Sterling do anything on FM? Stats just wouldn't improve and ended up releasing him. Took him about 3 months to find a new club.
I've found him damn difficult to improve tbh, stats just sit stubbornly at the same levels, even with game time! :rant:
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by neillya1)
Yup

They've bought a fair few of my players over the years...

Walcott - £44m
Gibbs - £21m
Craig Dawson - £16m
Szczesny - £35m

They also bought Cavani for £60m, Jovetic for £45m and M'Villa for £38m :eek:

My backroom staff now has Henry, Van Persie, Rosicky, Arteta, André Santos, Gilberto Silva, Pires and Bergkamp
Wow, that really is oil-rich :zomg: They must be challenging for the title each season then... and stealing buys off of Man City :awesome:

That's curious, do they all have decent stats for coaching?
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
I've found him damn difficult to improve tbh, stats just sit stubbornly at the same levels, even with game time! :rant:
He does well for me, stats don't look great but he performs very well.

Although not confident enough to have him as my main winger.

In other news I've just realised that a new stadium has been in the process of being built for the last year. I hope its big!
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
Wow, that really is oil-rich :zomg: They must be challenging for the title each season then... and stealing buys off of Man City :awesome:

That's curious, do they all have decent stats for coaching?
They've finised 4th the past 3 seasons :teehee: Not very good, gone through 3 managers too!

Most of them have decent coaching stats, Santos wanted to be a scout really badly so I just let him despite his judging ability being 6 and potential 4 :rofl:
King James
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm still happy with my Pompey save and I've seen a fair few players develop. I mean I saw a 25-goal-a-season Ruben Rochina who never moved from Blackburn. I have had a fantastic Luc Castiagnos and a fantastic Valcav Kadlec as well as Alex Chamberlain, Dongou, Coulibaly, Sterling etc. I've got such an affinity for Kadlec after he scored 46 goals in 34 league games that I can never bring myself to sell him and I've been so close many times. Castiagnos though scored 35 in 22 but I want to offload him, got a loan fee of £9mil from OL.
Dalimyr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Most of them have decent coaching stats, Santos wanted to be a scout really badly so I just let him despite his judging ability being 6 and potential 4 :rofl:
I hate when that happens. Especially when they actually have stats that'd make them a decent coach. I also wish the staff attributes would show up before they actually become staff...when they turn 30-odd and start thinking "Y'know, I think I want to be a coach when I give up playing" and you don't really know whether to encourage that or tell them "You couldn't coach to save yourself, but you might be a damn good scout" because you've no idea how they'll turn out. Ugh, that's kind of irritating.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
New thread :woohoo: Should be turning up in my new stadium with Liverpools 25th league title :coma:
fudgesundae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Into the 5th season with MK Dons. Won the CL and PL last season. Really struggling with the finances atm though. Our ****ty attendances are destroying any chance we have of turning a profit. Wage bill is only around 1.1 mil per week (roughly 6/7th in the league), but with average attendances still only hovering aroun the 23000 mark it isn't easy. I'm hoping that within the next two seasons we can start filling up the stadium (32000 capacity) to try and get an expansion and eventually a new stadium.

Having rich owners is lovely though

They couldn't give a **** that we're losing £5 million per month
jackf1337
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got offered the England job, so I took it.

Is it my responsibility to arrange friendlies?
Mo-Amin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Awh, what a beautiful new thread ^_^
Quaker City Soul
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
3rd thread? looking fly!
Peachz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
New thread! I had Sterling in my Newcastle save and I ended up selling him to juventus for 15£million about 6 seasons in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm playing a network game with a buddy and i need some set piece routines that actually work.

can anyone link me a goal machine providing set piece routine? :ninja:

normally i wouldn't do this, but were four seasons in and hes a smug *******.

edit: i'm playing on fm 12.
KX321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kevin J)
i'm playing a network game with a buddy and i need some set piece routines that actually work.

Get yourself a decent header of the ball and preferably tall. You'll also need a relatively good corner taker(s). Set your man to attack near post and set both corners to be directed at the near post.

I use this tactic with almost every team, Coates got me 15 goals in a season from this. Not to mention the rebounds other players picked up from headers that hit the bar or got deflected.
Dalimyr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Kevin J)

(Original post by KX321)
Get yourself a decent header of the ball and preferably tall. You'll also need a relatively good corner taker(s). Set your man to attack near post and set both corners to be directed at the near post.

I use this tactic with almost every team, Coates got me 15 goals in a season from this. Not to mention the rebounds other players picked up from headers that hit the bar or got deflected.
That's the easy option, however in a network game it'd either be banned outright from the start or anyone with any sense would call you out for using it, as it's an exploit (it is probably the single most well-known exploit in the FM12 match engine)
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Woo for new thread!

I've continued to trim my City squad - at the start I assembled a hugely impressive side and had a huge wage bill - topping 2.5mil at one time I believe. Now it's down to under 1.5mil pw

Of my regens - none are on anything more than 66k pw. Have Hart on 80k, Hazard and Wilshere on 100k, Neymar and M'Vila on 135k and Messi on 200k. Should try and move those players on but they're not that old/perform well and I'm struggling to find replacements.

Got a new striker though

Name:  Paulinho (Overview_ Profile).png
Views: 332
Size:  277.4 KB

Loving the finishing, first touch and heading Got Messi tutoring him now (to improve his mental stats) and put him on high intensity training for quickness. Hoping he becomes immense
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've stabalised my finances at portsmouth but I'm stuck in a mid-table championship rut. Got some good prospects at least but I'm stuck on a £50k p/w wage bill and having to sell £1m worth of players a year whilst only signing people for free. 2013/14 season, debt repayments (£500k a month!) run out summer 2015. Maybe I should just try to build up a solid young squad to push for promotion 2015/16.
Champagne Supernova
Report 7 years ago
They've finised 4th the past 3 seasons :teehee: Not very good, gone through 3 managers too!

Wow :facepalm2: You would've thought they'd be storming it! Though, the AI really does make a poor manager :p:

Hmm, so as long as they give you good enough training (4+ stars in the training subscreen), then it's all good :yep: Hmmm, bit of a waste on the wage bill? :p: Funny though :p:
neillya1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Champagne Supernova)
Wow :facepalm2: You would've thought they'd be storming it! Though, the AI really does make a poor manager :p:

Hmm, so as long as they give you good enough training (4+ stars in the training subscreen), then it's all good :yep: Hmmm, bit of a waste on the wage bill? :p: Funny though :p:
They're just crap :rofl:

Henry is my assistant :sogood: He rejected a contract offer from Newcastle when they tried to poach him :teehee:

Also Santos is on £400pw so it's not too bad
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nice little 7-0 win away at Crystal Palace. Now to not score for the next 3 games...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads