The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

started a new game on fm13 as liverpool boss was sacked in december with us 6th in the league and in the quarters of league cup :-| luckilly benitez got sacked so i became chelsea nanager with them in 12th and got them to 5th at the end of the season :-| finding it difficult after the update to keep jobs
Reply 1581
Since the update I seem to be having problems with players standing off rather than pressing as well as just walking away from the ball :sigh:
Original post by djpailo
I'm still playing FM 11...into my 36th season or something, man I am so sad. I just love seeing the players develop and become legends.

I know what you mean. It's so satisfying building a dynasty with a club, Ferguson-esque.
In 2033 in my hull save. Got to the league cup final and lost to united 2-1. Lost 2-0 to arsenal in the FA cup sixth round. United won the title with me lagging in 2nd place, however I'm in the champions league final against porto. Beat milan 4-0 on aggregate in the semis too with a 1-0 win away(no idea how I did this) and a 3-0 win at home. Winning the CL and coming 2nd should make up for my fairly average season, it'll make it 2 CL's in 3 years too.

I should win the league next year. When FM doesn't make systematic striker injuries(3 strikers got injured and another got a 3 match ban ffs) and force me to play youth squad players for 2 months(although they did well so they're getting new contracts) I should win the league. I had so many chances and I bottled it. closed a 13 point gap to 4 points and I lose to ****ing leicester city.
Reply 1584
Original post by KingMessi
I know what you mean. It's so satisfying building a dynasty with a club, Ferguson-esque.

I also lost the CL Final 5 years running. Yup :frown::eek::colondollar:
Original post by KingMessi

So satisfying. Probably the best part of the game.

Original post by djpailo
I'm still playing FM 11...into my 36th season or something, man I am so sad. I just love seeing the players develop and become legends.

Nah man that's awesome. I'm sticking with 12 because I like it so much and I'm familiar with it and I'm 10 seasons into a career with Villa. Finally look like winning the league now ^^

Original post by djpailo

How did you not rage quit after any of them?
Original post by djpailo

:console: :lolwut: How on earth did you manage that?

Original post by jackf1337

Nah man that's awesome. I'm sticking with 12 because I like it so much and I'm familiar with it and I'm 10 seasons into a career with Villa. Finally look like winning the league now ^^

Oh, totally agreed. My 'Almir' save - which some on here may remember - was the most satisfying non-Scrabble gaming experience of my life.
Original post by djpailo

I've never lost a CL final in my time in football manager. My final vs united was reminiscent of the 2012 CL final(hull being chelsea and united being bayern) Done them in the league and the league cup too. :colonhash:

Just got porto to beat in the CL final, they beat united and juventus but it should be easy, I've never lost to them, 4 wins and 2 draws and they haven't scored against me in the past 4 meetings.
Original post by jackf1337

Only ten seasons.

Don't get how you can lose a CL final. Just seems impossible to me. I remember facing man city with real sociedad, spending 120 mins on contain and winning on penalties after a 0-0 and winning the CL and beating them 1-0 in 120 mins doing the exact same tactics. They always seem to be very low scoring games, probably due to me containing.

Did lose the Europa league final to stuttgart :facepalm2: this is the same hull team that won the CL the next year btw.

Can't wait to finish this report so I can win the CL and win a trophy this season(did a bayern munich), next year I will win the title without fail. Not selling any players and my team is young. My main man has got 32 goals this year too and his understudy has 20 goals so I'm in no need of a goalscorer. Might need a BWM for a backup but my DLP does that role well. Sold one english guy who did the role well and he's now at stuttgart so I'm annoyed. Relied on a youth player but he's just average.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't always simulate games on Football Manager... But when I do I lose 4-0 and my best player tears his cruciate ligament. :rolleyes:
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I don't always simulate games on Football Manager... But when I do I lose 4-0 and my best player tears his cruciate ligament. :rolleyes:

are you quoting off of FMCV by any chance?! :rolleyes:
Original post by hskjlclcn
are you quoting off of FMCV by any chance?! :rolleyes:

Yeah, thought I'd share it cos I found it hilarious! :colone:
I'm Doncaster in League 1 at the moment and though while my defence was a bit leaky, I was still challenging for the title and overall it wasn't a huge concern. At least that's what I thought.

In my last eight games, I've conceded four or more goals in six of them. My face has gone from: :^_^: to this: :dry:

Just thinking about it is getting me annoyed.
Reply 1593
Was offered a wide midfielder by Benfica and pretty much on a whim told the board that he's be good to sign. To my surprise they agreed and promptly went about signing the player themselves for 3.2 million (my transfer budget was about 150K :lol:). Consequently, I've set about redesigning my whole team (I'd played without wide players in all my time with my current club).

Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Yeah, thought I'd share it cos I found it hilarious! :colone:

It's fine to share things, but as before, please do state where it's from/give a link where you can. :yy: I've noticed that a number of your recent posts are also copied from other places.
Original post by Abiraleft
Was offered a wide midfielder by Benfica and pretty much on a whim told the board that he's be good to sign. To my surprise they agreed and promptly went about signing the player themselves for 3.2 million (my transfer budget was about 150K :lol:). Consequently, I've set about redesigning my whole team (I'd played without wide players in all my time with my current club).

It's fine to share things, but as before, please do state where it's from/give a link where you can. :yy: I've noticed that a number of your recent posts are also copied from other places.

Yeah sure and it was from a FB page, it's jokes. Anyway, back to the FM save, I've really ****** up my season now, was 7 points clear at the top in Serie A with Napoli at one point and now I've lost my last 3 games in a row and have fallen 5 points behind Inter! :frown: The title is my only chance of a trophy too since I was knocked out of the cup competitions because of my own poor tactics against minnow teams.
Yassine Benzia, Mark de Jonge and Adryan are youth players I always go for in FM13. Crazy how you can get Gotze for only £23m and by 2015 he's one of the best players in the world (well, on all three of my saves so far already).

Need a new challenge as managing Arsenal becomes easy after around 2015/2016. Any suggestions? :smile:
Original post by glousck
Yassine Benzia, Mark de Jonge and Adryan are youth players I always go for in FM13. Crazy how you can get Gotze for only £23m and by 2015 he's one of the best players in the world (well, on all three of my saves so far already).

Need a new challenge as managing Arsenal becomes easy after around 2015/2016. Any suggestions? :smile:

Real sociedad/bilbao, then make all your players come from the basque region. Atletic you have to do it but with real sociedad they have a decent youth system which can be improved. Got a couple 30 goal a season strikers from the youth squad, basically raged quit when I lost the title again and went to southend to cool off then for me to go to barcelona.
Won the CL against porto 3-0. Scored in the first minute and dominated from start to finish.

Then won against inter 5-1 in the super cup. Went on a good run in the league but been drawing the hard games and lost to city. Also found out west ham are my bogey team. Similar to hercules in my real sociedad save.
Original post by jam277
Real sociedad/bilbao, then make all your players come from the basque region. Atletic you have to do it but with real sociedad they have a decent youth system which can be improved. Got a couple 30 goal a season strikers from the youth squad, basically raged quit when I lost the title again and went to southend to cool off then for me to go to barcelona.

I'm trying to stay as manager until all my starting 11 are from the Arsenal youth system but it's annoying when you see brilliant potential youth players in other teams that you want to snatch up like Benzia and de Jonge. Happy with some bargains I've got so far as well, though - Gotze for £21m, Falcao for £27m, Keisuke Honda for free and Adryan for £875k (3 years on and he's now worth £6.5m).
Original post by glousck
I'm trying to stay as manager until all my starting 11 are from the Arsenal youth system but it's annoying when you see brilliant potential youth players in other teams that you want to snatch up like Benzia and de Jonge. Happy with some bargains I've got so far as well, though - Gotze for £21m, Falcao for £27m, Keisuke Honda for free and Adryan for £875k (3 years on and he's now worth £6.5m).

Nice, adryan is such an FM buy :lol:

It's hard to get the starting 11 from the youth system, I've been able to churn goalkeepers, Got a right back, a left back, two centre backs, a DM is coming through, got 2 CMs and got 2 strikers, one being world class and the other being theo walcott class but gets 20 goals a season.

I find it easy to get a player through, goalkeepers can be annoying as from time to time they have the propensity to **** up so I buy another guy to keep him on his toes. Funniest thing was me getting 1 keeper from the youth squad and selling my 26 year old keeper from the youth squad to PSG for 20 million. Best keeper in the game too but my new keeper is probably gonna be as good as him :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest