The Student Room Group

UMS points to raw marks converter?

I got my gcse results a few days ago.. and I saw that the results were given in "UMS points". When looking up the grade boundries, the boundaries were only written in terms of the raw marks, and sadly I don't know them, so could not use them.

So does anyone know if there are any sites which can show what my UMS points were in terms of raw marks? Or maybe a site which gives the boundaries in UMS points?

Please help! (First post btw:biggrin::biggrin:)

-Tom.

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, welcome to TSR! :biggrin:

And it depends which boards you study with, as only WJEC, AQA and Edexcel have UMS converters :smile:
Reply 2
Google UMS converter, then select your exam board from the search results

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies guys. The exam boards, however, show the grade boundaries for the individual papers/coursework, and not the overal, final grade (when everything is totalled up)An example is that I got 225 UMS points for physics (B), is there any way I can see how far this was from an A???

please please reply!!
Original post by Thomas_96
Thanks for the replies guys. The exam boards, however, show the grade boundaries for the individual papers/coursework, and not the overal, final grade (when everything is totalled up)An example is that I got 225 UMS points for physics (B), is there any way I can see how far this was from an A???

please please reply!!

Which exan board?

please please reply!!

270/300 A*
240/300 A
210/300 B

Seems to fit in.. So you are 15 pointa off :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by shadab786ahmed
270/300 A*
240/300 A
210/300 B

Seems to fit in.. So you are 15 pointa off :smile:

Thanks, where did you get this information from (how do you know this?) Because I also want to see the boundaries for other subjects.
Thanks, where did you get this information from (how do you know this?) Because I also want to see the boundaries for other subjects.

Well, I generally know which ones :tongue: science is mostly out of 300 or 400. Other courses are normally out of 200... If you give me a list of your courses. Your final UMS and your grade I'll happily give you boundaries :smile: but theyre on the grade boundaries on max marks
Reply 9
Well, I generally know which ones :tongue: science is mostly out of 300 or 400. Other courses are normally out of 200... If you give me a list of your courses. Your final UMS and your grade I'll happily give you boundaries :smile: but theyre on the grade boundaries on max marks

Ok thanks. Could you check Geography A?
Ok thanks. Could you check Geography A?

WJEC? Or..? Also what was your final UMS?and grade
Reply 11
WJEC? Or..? Also what was your final UMS?and grade

lol, sorry, forgot. Edexcel, 336, A.
Original post by thomas_96
lol, sorry, forgot. Edexcel, 336, a.

360/400 a*
320/400 a
Reply 13
360/400 a*
320/400 a

Thanks man!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Could you also try

Edexcel, Religous Studies (opt code 5RS10, 5RS03, did 2 catholic christianity papers), 176, A)

and..

German, AQA, 265, A.

Thanks so much for helping me
Thanks man!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Could you also try

Edexcel, Religous Studies (opt code 5RS10, 5RS03, did 2 catholic christianity papers), 176, A)

and..

German, AQA, 265, A.

Thanks so much for helping me

RE:
180/200 A*
160/200 A

German:
270/300 A*
240/300 A

Np :smile:
Reply 15
4 and 5 UMS off :frown: Worth a re-mark do you think?
4 and 5 UMS off :frown: Worth a re-mark do you think?

Always a shot! As they're subjective too! :smile:
The AQA UMS converter, even though it's designed to convert raw marks into UMS it does have a table at the bottom which shows you how many raw marks = a certain amount of UMS marks. You've probably figured it out by now though :smile:
Reply 18
Always a shot! As they're subjective too! :smile:

Roughly how much does it cost?
Reply 19
Hey guys, got A*A*AAAAAAABBBB (2A*'s, 7A's, 4B's)

I'm kinda happy with results but I got a B in Chemistry, and Dentistry which is what I want to do require an A in it. I was only 2-3 raw marks off an A. Is it worth the re-mark?

Also in English Language I was 1 raw mark off an A so is that worth the re-mark? I was also thinking because of the controversy over the English Language grade boundaries change and harsh marking? Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App

Quick Reply

Latest