The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2013

:clap2: Official Keele thread for 2013 entry :clap2:

Discuss all Keele related things here!
Good luck guys!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey all. Just to firstly say I will be adding the link to this thread to the 2013 Index in the medical schools subforum. Good luck everyone. :smile:

Secondly, I was a 2012 applicant and received an offer from Keele. I have deferred so will be starting as a med student there next year in 2013. So I'm going to hang around on this thread and see everyone's progress and help out when I can and I hope there are many successful applicants this year! :h: Keele is amazing in every way and looks magical so you won't regret applying there. :nah:
Popping in to say hello!
I absolutely loved Keele on the open day and will definitely be applying :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Minerva McGonagall
Popping in to say hello!
I absolutely loved Keele on the open day and will definitely be applying :smile:

Woot! Welcome to the thread, fellow Keele applicant :biggrin:
Reply 4
Popping in to say hello!

Fantastic choice you've made there :wink:
Original post by EternalDoom
Woot! Welcome to the thread, fellow Keele applicant :biggrin:

Thank you! Haha

Original post by ViceVersa
Fantastic choice you've made there :wink:

I saw this user called ViceVersa got in so u thought I'd give it a shot ;D
Reply 6
I saw this user called ViceVersa got in so I thought I'd give it a shot ;D

You saw me then :teehee: Good choice :yep: :tongue:
Reply 7
Good luck to everyone applying this year. I will be starting this year! So if you want to know anything feel free to ask me anything/PM me and I'll help as much as I possibly can :smile:
Reply 8
Hoping lots of awesome applicants get an offer, can't wait :colone:
Original post by manderson
Good luck to everyone applying this year. I will be starting this year! So if you want to know anything feel free to ask me anything/PM me and I'll help as much as I possibly can :smile:

Hi do you mind me asking what your academics were like, especially uk cat

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Original post by wanabee medic
Hi do you mind me asking what your academics were like, especially uk cat

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not at all. I applied as a graduate for the 5 year course. I got 5 A's, 4 B's for GCSE, BCC for A-Level, 1st class Honours degree and 2:1 Master's degree. My UKCAT was awful I received 595 average! So I can't really give advice on the UKCAT. Hope that was of some help.
I'll be applying (this or St Georges, can't decide!) but i'm a bit concerned about Keele being in the middle of no-where, and the social aspects not being all that because of it's location! Although i'm pretty certain it's a fantastic teaching medical school :biggrin: (thus why i'm probably going to put it down!)
Original post by manderson
Not at all. I applied as a graduate for the 5 year course. I got 5 A's, 4 B's for GCSE, BCC for A-Level, 1st class Honours degree and 2:1 Master's degree. My UKCAT was awful I received 595 average! So I can't really give advice on the UKCAT. Hope that was of some help.

I might be applying as a graduate, one thing that worried me slightly though was that in their website it says it's advisable we give our transcript - and I have a module which I failed in first year which I kinda don't want to show :tongue: Did you show yours, and do you think it's important to show it?
Reply 13
Original post by ameelia22
I'll be applying (this or St Georges, can't decide!) but i'm a bit concerned about Keele being in the middle of no-where, and the social aspects not being all that because of it's location! Although i'm pretty certain it's a fantastic teaching medical school :biggrin: (thus why i'm probably going to put it down!)

If you go visit it you'll see that although it's 'in the middle of nowhere' it's got it's own little bubble of shops, people, and plus Newcastle and Manchester are both less than an hour away! There are shops and lots so it's no like nothing's there. Social aspect wise, it's not as huge as other med schools but it is what you make of it. You can still have a good time, or go to Newcastle/Manchester but huge nights out. You're right about the medical school, it's a fantastic teaching medical school indeed! :grin:

#totallyunbiased
Reply 14
Original post by Waterstorm
I might be applying as a graduate, one thing that worried me slightly though was that in their website it says it's advisable we give our transcript - and I have a module which I failed in first year which I kinda don't want to show :tongue: Did you show yours, and do you think it's important to show it?

Yeah, I sent mine, to show I had enough Chemistry/Biology content as I didn't have B's at A-Level in both. I don't think it's important to show it, and I think it's up to the individual to show their transcript. They are looking at the content more than anything, so if you passed all your other years and that one module was a blip, then I don't think it should be a problem. If you're ensuree e-mail admissions and see what they say about sending transcripts. By the time I had my interview, they forgot I had a degree and thought I was sitting my A-Levels, I had to give them a copy of my degree :lol: Hope that helps! Good luck with your application this year! :smile:
Reply 15
Whats Keele like on the UKCAT? Like say you get in the 500's?
Reply 16
Original post by king101
Whats Keele like on the UKCAT? Like say you get in the 500's?

Keele only use the UKCAT to decide between two similar candidates. It doesn't have weighting in an application, like other Universities use it for. I applied with 595 and received a place.
Reply 17
Original post by ameelia22

Don't let that be the reason that puts you off. The middle of no where idea is a bit of a myth. True, the campus is in a very nice bit of countryside, but 5 minutes on the bus and you are in the sprawling metropolis that is Stoke-On-Trent. Should cater to all your city needs.
Reply 18
4th Year at Keele by the way, will be dropping by pretty frequently so if you have any queries, questions or concerns let me know
Reply 19
Original post by BOD13
4th Year at Keele by the way, will be dropping by pretty frequently so if you have any queries, questions or concerns let me know

Heven't seen you in so long! Good to see you back!

Quick Reply

Latest