The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well done. :biggrin:

Original post by Poppy991
I passed first time today, 10 minors though :biggrin: I got myself in a really sticky situation turning right at a junction even though I could see a bin lorry just after the turn blocking the road. I should have just stayed and waited for it to pass before turning, but instead I stupidly decided to pull up behind them and squeeze between some parked cars. They could get past me fine, but getting out of that spot was a bit of a struggle! The (grumpy) examiner said I couldn't get out without reversing, which was annoying because he said just as I was about to do it, so I didn't really need help. But fair enough, it was a dumb move. Not dangerous though, so of course I didn't get a major for that!

Other minors were all dumb nerves as well, like leaving the indicator on for waaaaay to long, which I never normally do!
SO glad I don't have to go through the nervousness again.. although motorways, eek!
Original post by Poppy991
I passed first time today, 10 minors though :biggrin: I got myself in a really sticky situation turning right at a junction even though I could see a bin lorry just after the turn blocking the road. I should have just stayed and waited for it to pass before turning, but instead I stupidly decided to pull up behind them and squeeze between some parked cars. They could get past me fine, but getting out of that spot was a bit of a struggle! The (grumpy) examiner said I couldn't get out without reversing, which was annoying because he said just as I was about to do it, so I didn't really need help. But fair enough, it was a dumb move. Not dangerous though, so of course I didn't get a major for that!

Other minors were all dumb nerves as well, like leaving the indicator on for waaaaay to long, which I never normally do!
SO glad I don't have to go through the nervousness again.. although motorways, eek!

Congratulations!!!! :biggrin:

Original post by Midnightmemories
:woo:

congratulations

Thank you lovely!

Original post by Waveyalex
Welcome to the road 😌😌🚙

Thank you!
Ahhh I can finally post here! I PASSED!! Third time lucky. I was a complete mess doing my parellel park again but I managed to correct it and take it forward so got a minor for that. I got 6 minors in total. When she told me I passed I couldnt believe it! 😊😊
Original post by MissDetermined
Ahhh I can finally post here! I PASSED!! Third time lucky. I was a complete mess doing my parellel park again but I managed to correct it and take it forward so got a minor for that. I got 6 minors in total. When she told me I passed I couldnt believe it! 😊😊

I knew you would!! There's quite a few of us 3rd time passers. It really is an amazing and relieving feeling isn't it? Congratulations :smile:

I'm still saving to buy a car :angry: do you have one?

YAYYYY!!
Happened to me to ..everyone learns from there mistakes
Third time lucky hehe
Im happy for you

NOW be a safe driver. Well done on keeping just 6 minors
Original post by cherryred90s
I knew you would!! There's quite a few of us 3rd time passers. It really is an amazing and relieving feeling isn't it? Congratulations :smile:

I'm still saving to buy a car :angry: do you have one?

Thank you :biggrin: yeah, a few of my friends passed third time too. Yeah, SO relieved. I really wasn't sure with my parallel park again, thank god I got a minor lol. She recommended that I do some motorway lessons with my instructor though, so I'll do a couple with him in the next month or so. Unfortunately I can't get a car right now. I'm moving away in September and not sure how finances are going to be. I'll re-assess things at the end of the year though! How long until you can get your car?
Original post by Shadowfire123
YAYYYY!!
Happened to me to ..everyone learns from there mistakes
Third time lucky hehe
Im happy for you

NOW be a safe driver. Well done on keeping just 6 minors

Thank you again :biggrin: I certainly will be safe!
Thank you again :biggrin: I certainly will be safe!

hehe your welcome
im sure you will be a safe driver
we should race soon (shhh nobody heard that)
I have only just found this thread, but I thought I would share anyway. I had my first driving test in December of last year, and failed with 12 minors and 1 major. This was for pulling out (slowly) onto a very quite semi-main road where there were cars parked either side so my vision was impaired (hence why I was driving slowly). I had to stop as there was another learner right in the middle of the road. Because he was in the middle, I assumed he was parallel parking so I decided to wait and let him finish. Then he drove on passed me. I failed for that because the examiner didn't like how I stopped. I don't think I should have failed as that happens in everyday driving! I was pulling out slowly because I couldn't see very well. Not that I'm bitter...

I retook my test in January this year and passed with 1 minor! I am shocked that I only got 1 minor this time, but 12 last time. I have a feeling the examiner with my first one was a bit of a grump and marked me as doing something wrong for really non-existent mistakes (like not pulling out on a junction the moment it is clear, despite me just checking that there are no cars!). Also he was very silent, but my second examiner was chatty - asking me about school, telling me about his daughters etc. My minor was for getting a bit too close to a parked car.

Congrats!! You sorted out insurance yet? :biggrin:
Well done for passing. Such a good feeling after you have passed!

Welcome to the road :smile:
Thanks guys :smile: unfortunately I can't get a car right now. I'm moving for uni (mature student) in September so can't afford to run a car right now. If I was staying in full time work in could but going back into studying, will mean cutting down on monies too. I'll see how things go though.
Thanks guys :smile: unfortunately I can't get a car right now. I'm moving for uni (mature student) in September so can't afford to run a car right now. If I was staying in full time work in could but going back into studying, will mean cutting down on monies too. I'll see how things go though.

Doesn't really matter though, I'm in exactly the same position. You will always have your driving licence now for the rest of your life. You can pick up on refresher lessons when you need to start driving.

same here
going university this september and im also moving to uni
so cant afford a car either
unless we find a part time job during our time at uni :smile:
can we have less harsh comment please?
who said anything about insurance #thuglife haha
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Congrats!! You sorted out insurance yet? :biggrin:
Oh yeah definitely, I never expected to have a car straight away anyway. Just glad to have it!
Oh yeah definitely, I never expected to have a car straight away anyway. Just glad to have it!

yeah you should be glad
you deserved it
How long did it take for peoples licenses to come through after they passed? Im being impatient. Its been 2 weeks 😆
How long did it take for peoples licenses to come through after they passed? Im being impatient. Its been 2 weeks 😆

hiya
remember me?
I passed on the 1st of February 2017
and license was issued on the 14th February 2017 (VALENTINES DAY)
I got it delivered by the post the next day

Latest

Trending

Trending