The Student Room Group

Halls at University of Leicester

Which halls (in your FIRST HAND! opinion) are the best at Leicester university?

College Hall sounds like an attractive option, mainly because of it's proximity to the campus. However, there's very little information to be found about it both on the website and in the brochure. I'm starting to think something's being kept hidden from us. I've heard it has bars on the windows, which I doubt is going to be very good for morale. I don't want to go somewhere which *might* have a sink or somewhere which has the silent atmosphere of a morgue.

If anyone has anything helpful to say I'd be v.v.grateful

:smile:
Reply 1
Well I'd answer but it's SECOND hand from my cousin who's just completed her degree. :wink:
Peapod
Well I'd answer but it's SECOND hand from my cousin who's just completed her degree. :wink:

I'm sorry it's just not good enough.

Ahhhhh what the hell, what's your second hand opinion?!

:smile:
http://www.le.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation/halls/page_stam.html

these were the ones i liked the best- quite pricy though....

any of the ones further away from the uni are lovely.. not much to choose between them really...
Reply 4
Well she basically told me don't go to college hall - I've seen it myself and it's horrible 1960s nearer the busy part unlike the other beautiful halls. It's also a disadvantage being further from the other halls where all your friends might be - all the other halls pull pranks on each other. College hall is basically where people end u-p if they go through clearing or don't get into the other halls.
She was at Digby hall and loved it - I stayed with her and it was nice - especially the third year block!
Ok, I'll definitely be avoiding there.

Digby seems to be a popular choice seemingly because of it's reputation as being the most outrageous hall. I would love to go there, except there are no ensuite rooms :frown:
Reply 6
hmmm no leicester accomadation has broadband connections and its 1p a minute :mad: im not happy
Reply 7
leics is my insurance im worried say i dint get into my firm i get really shit accomodation. i'd prob end up livin at home!
Reply 8
babyboo
leics is my insurance im worried say i dint get into my firm i get really shit accomodation. i'd prob end up livin at home!

Ditto, I haven't even visited an open day there yet.
Reply 9
Is anyone going to apply for self - catering?
Reply 10
Bhaal85
Ditto, I haven't even visited an open day there yet.

me too but i only live bout half an hour away on the train n still cant b bothered to go and check it out...LAZY!
babyboo
me too but i only live bout half an hour away on the train n still cant b bothered to go and check it out...LAZY!

I'm visting (for the second time) on April 28th -that's the medical open day. I still haven't received any forms or information about it though, so I'm not sure if uncon offer holders are given the chance to attend at all, or whether priority is given to those who are yet to take their exams.

I'm going to avoid emailing the office for answers, because I've been pestering them so much recently with unanswerable questions, they've really grown to hate me. I'm pretty sure they've even memorised my house address. The amount of times they've sent me the same brochure over and over again is beyond count!

Is anyone here going on April 28th?

Latest

Trending

Trending