Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey all.

I am a south african law student doing an assignment for Civil Procedure on "The constitutionality of furnishing security for costs in certain legal proceedings.

Im trying to compare it to the westminster system, because South Africa inherited most of its procedural rules from this system.

If anyone out there can give me any tips/advice (preferebly with references) it would be much appreciated!!

-Ive already compared it to the International Court of Justice, where security is not required for costs, but the court is available to all member states.

-Also, i cant find the UK Constitution on the net. Where can i find it??

Thanks to anyone who replies!
    Grant

ReputationRep:
    Try looking on here: http://www.parliament.uk/ I'm not sure if you'll find what you're looking for but I can't think of anywhere else that would have that sort of info. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grant)

-Also, i cant find the UK Constitution on the net. Where can i find it??
    You won't.

ReputationRep:
    Also, i cant find the UK Constitution on the net. Where can i find it??

The Uk doesnt have a written constitution we have to be awkward. You might find this site vaguely useful though.
    http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...stitution1.htm

ReputationRep:
    The UK doesn't have a codified constitution written all in one document like places such as the US does. Ours is kind of imaginary and all over the place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    The UK doesn't have a codified constitution written all in one document like places such as the US does. Ours is kind of imaginary and all over the place...
    You're right. The UK does have a constitution, it's just all higgaldy piggaldy all over the place and not in one pamphlet sized document like the US'.

Here are some key things that definately have influenced the constitution as it stands today

Magna Carta
    Bill of Rights
    Act of Union
    Various EU Acts
    Human Rights Act
    Scotland Act

The constitution has evolved from a melee of all these things plus a lot more.

Custom and tradition also play a huge part.

ReputationRep:
    There's another fun website here with quite a bit of background info about it all.

http://www.eurolegal.org/british/ukconset.htm

ReputationRep:
    thanx to u who replied.

If there is no written constitution, anyone have any comments on this:
    "The constitutionality of furnishing security for costs in certain legal proceedings"?

We sometimes have to furnish security in certain instances. According to your procedural rules, is it permitted or not? Why/Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grant)
    thanx to u who replied.

If there is no written constitution, anyone have any comments on this:
    "The constitutionality of furnishing security for costs in certain legal proceedings"?

We sometimes have to furnish security in certain instances. According to your procedural rules, is it permitted or not? Why/Why not?
    What do you mean: "furnish security for costs"? You mean a bond?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.