The Student Room Group

Should I have a remark??? (4 UMS points away..help!!)

Okay so I found out today that in RE I was 4 UMS points away from an A* (I had diahorrea in the exam which ate up 10 mins..:colondollar:) and in German I as 5 UMS points away from an A*.

What do you guys think? Is this "close enough" to give it a try and hope for the best? Are any of you guys in a similar situation and are going to have a re-mark? Have you been in this situation before and had a remark? Tell me about it, I want to know if this is a good idea or not!

Any replies are massively appreciated.
Reply 1
RE is worth it for sure, some examiners may pull out more of your reasoning than others and understand it more, so you could get higher grade. It's essay/ question based and not multiple choice with right/ wrong answers, so I'd go for it :smile:
German is tricky... Listening/ reading are right/ wrong answers so they are unlikely to change, and your speaking may not have been recorded... So writing module would be best bet. If you're far away from the b/a boundary and have the money, go for it!
I'm in this situation ATM too :frown: last year I had a module remarked (biology core aqa) and it went up 6 ums from a to a*, so I kinda prove it's possible. My sister had a history essay remarked and it went up by 14!
Good luck!!
hi i was wondering if you can help me in my chem i was 5 usm marks away from a B and same with phys is it worth getting it remarked has to chnage my whole course for collage which am going this sep thanks :'( xx
Reply 3
Original post by Snoopop
RE is worth it for sure, some examiners may pull out more of your reasoning than others and understand it more, so you could get higher grade. It's essay/ question based and not multiple choice with right/ wrong answers, so I'd go for it :smile:
German is tricky... Listening/ reading are right/ wrong answers so they are unlikely to change, and your speaking may not have been recorded... So writing module would be best bet. If you're far away from the b/a boundary and have the money, go for it!
I'm in this situation ATM too :frown: last year I had a module remarked (biology core aqa) and it went up 6 ums from a to a*, so I kinda prove it's possible. My sister had a history essay remarked and it went up by 14!
Good luck!!

I realise this is three years old but what exam board was your sister on?? This has really given me hope. I'm 6UMS off an A in Eng lit OCR (any idea how many raw marks) I apparently got a C in the exam but I feel like that is the biggest joke but I get As in all my mocks and the question was legit similar to a question we done in class prior that I got an A in, worth a remark????

Quick Reply

Latest