The Student Room Group

TSR Bengali Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DontJudge
So it's part of west bangladesh, not india.

No they are both part of bengal lol, because bangladesh was still part of Pakistan when West bengal was formed lol
So it's part of west bangladesh, not india.

The bengal region was split up in the late 40's during India independence based on faith........the mainly Hindu side West Bengal became a part of India, the mainly Muslim side East Bengal became East Pakistan which is now Bangladesh currently.
Original post by daindian
No they are both part of bengal lol, because bangladesh was still part of Pakistan when West bengal was formed lol

Wait what were we talking about again :confused: You've confused me even more now :sad:

Original post by Iqbal007
The bengal region was split up in the late 40's during India independence based on faith........the mainly Hindu side West Bengal became a part of India, the mainly Muslim side East Bengal became East Pakistan which is now Bangladesh currently.

I don't understand.. whats bengal then..?
Wait what were we talking about again :confused: You've confused me even more now :sad:

I don't understand.. whats bengal then..?

Bengal is a large area of land, its like Punjab which also is separate one half being in Pakistan other in India.
Same in the case of Bengal, both regions separated on faith basis in the original Indian partition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal

Flop.

Flop? :frown: I think the word you're looking for is massive success. :yep:
Original post by Iqbal007
Bengal is a large area of land, its like Punjab which also is separate one half being in Pakistan other in India.
Same in the case of Bengal, both regions separated on faith basis in the original Indian partition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal

So you're one half is bengol, the other half is bangladesh?
If not show me a proper picture.

Original post by sugar-n-spice
Flop? :frown: I think the word you're looking for is massive success. :yep:

LOL, I can't see the images, therefore a flop.

You are right, one half is West bengal, the other half is bangladesh(east bengal)
You are right, one half is West bengal, the other half is bangladesh(east bengal)

So west bengal is classed as India AND Bangladesh?
So west bengal is classed as India AND Bangladesh?

No it's just in India
No it's just in India

OMG YOU'RE CONFUSING ME!!!

how is it part of india.
OMG YOU'RE CONFUSING ME!!!

how is it part of india.

Bengal is a region. It runs from east Bengal which is Bangladesh to west Bengal which is in India.west Bengal includes cities such as Kolkata, and Darjeeling.
Bengal is a region. It runs from east Bengal which is Bangladesh to west Bengal which is in India.west Bengal includes cities such as Kolkata, and Darjeeling.

Eh but you just said that..

..Ahh chill forget it, i don't still don't get it. :sigh:
Eh but you just said that..

..Ahh chill forget it, i don't still don't get it. :sigh:

What's hard to understand lol. Bengal is the name of the area, it is in both india and bangladesh. The area of bengal is divided into two West and East bengal. West bengal is a state in india, whilst East bengal is just bangladesh. In other words West bengal+Bangladesh =bengal.
(edited 11 years ago)
What's hard to understand lol. Bengal is the name of the area, it is in both india and bangladesh. The area of bengal is divided into two West and East bengal. West bengal is a state in india, whilst East bengal is just bangladesh. In other words West bengal+Bangladesh =bengal.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
MIRACLEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I UNDERSTAND!!!!1 :woo:

SO BASICALLY bengal is like sumthing between india and bangladesh. and its called bengal. and bengal can split in two. the west bengali is in the india section, and the east bengal is in the bangladesh section right!?

Fam I have a slow processing brain :sad:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
MIRACLEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I UNDERSTAND!!!!1 :woo:

SO BASICALLY bengal is like sumthing between india and bangladesh. and its called bengal. and bengal can split in two. the west bengali is in the india section, and the east bengal is in the bangladesh section right!?

Fam I have a slow processing brain :sad:

Yes bruv u finally got it!!! The east Bengal section is Bangladesh not in it. Lol sik u clocked it lol
Yes bruv u finally got it!!! The east Bengal section is Bangladesh not in it. Lol sik u clocked it lol

LOOoool. You had alot of patience I have to say! People get angry with me really easily when I don't understand something straight away. :sad:

ehhh.. please no more confusion...wot do u mean bengal is bangladesh, not in it!? thats the same thing :confused:

so you live in west bengal? what u doing in bengali thread then :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)

Bengal is a region, one half is a state in India, other half is a country
Reply 997
Eh itta kita beh tomrar life nyni beh...Lool only joking...Hello brahs! :biggrin:
LOOoool. You had alot of patience I have to say! People get angry with me really easily when I don't understand something straight away. :sad:

ehhh.. please no more confusion...wot do u mean bengal is bangladesh, not in it!? thats the same thing :confused:

so you live in west bengal? what u doing in bengali thread then :holmes:

Because technically we are indian bengali cos we speak shudo Bangla and East part of bengal consists of just bangladesh loooool
[video="youtube;48cAhzKdKUM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cAhzKdKUM&list=UUA1GxnJBzZajJmxKHJ3kpuA&index=10&feature=plpp_video[/video]

I found it to be quite a good parody on youtube. So thought of sharing here! (the song starts at about 0:40)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest