The Student Room Group

How much does Cambridge like further mathematics in applications to computer science?

Hi guys!

I'man international IB applicant and I want to study computer science at Cambridge and I've been looking through the course requirements and they said that further mathematics is considered highly desirable, which means that I qualify for applying but will be at a disadvantage. The reason I didn't take further mathematics is because our school doesn't offer it. So what do you think? Are my chances slim with just HL math? Is there anything I could do to boost my chances with just HL math? I'm doing my EE in math about a subject related to computer science, but I doubt they care much about that.

Oh and by the way, I'm kind torn apart between choosing Churchill college and Trinity college. Which do you think is better? I know Churchill is closest to the computer lab and offers the most places for compsci people, but Trinity is fancy and all that. It would also seem that Trinity is teeny bit more demanding.

Also, how much do you think the interview tests and the thinking skills assessed thing affect the chance of getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest