The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
freetofly
I failed today. 1 major, 11 minors. So annoyed - I hit the curb TWICE during the reverse round the corner, and he DIDN'T fail me for it. He was so nice. I pulled away too slowly on a roundabout and a car already on it caught up and had to slow down. About two minutes before the end of the test.

:frown:

Sucks man. I hit the curb once on my reverse round a corner and i got failed for it on my first test :smile:. Shame you racked up 11 minors though. I got a dangerous and 6 minors, didn't even get a major lol. Next time i'll look excessively if I need to overtake a broken down rust bucket on the left lane of a busy roundabout :biggrin:

I'm on my third attempt come may 7th, keep at it mate
Reply 1981
There is touching a curb and there is mounting it. I believe in most cases (unless people are passing) touching a curb is only a minor, mounting is a certain and rightful failure :smile:.
Indicated one way instead of another...bummer
Mark S
Berkshire man. What happened in your first test to get a dangerous? Good luck for tomorrow.

Well I passed! 3 minors, about time really. My first test. Pretty fair really she gave me a dangerous for not signalling when changing lanes, probs for not looking in my mirror. Ah well. Sucks but it's worth it in the end.

Stick with it homey. You'll get there in the end :smile:
Hi everyone...i found this website today after i FAILED my second dring test :frown:

I got 8 minors and 1 serious/major which was not giving enough clearance from a parked car. This stupid truck just popped up and i had to get into a freaking space...so i got into the first and only one i saw. it was literary 2 minutes before the end of the driving test. I was soooo mad. I hate big vehicles...despise them with a passion!!

Hopefully my third will be the last. I am now frustrated with forking out. It now costs a whopping £56.50!!:mad:
AT82
There is touching a curb and there is mounting it. I believe in most cases (unless people are passing) touching a curb is only a minor, mounting is a certain and rightful failure :smile:.

in my second test i was asked to pull over and park, and i mounted the curb quite spectacularly and only got a minor :biggrin:

(admittedly failed for other reasons... but yeah)
Reply 1986
It may depend on the exact circumstances I guess but I always understood it was a clear cut fail.
Reply 1987
i mounted a kurb at a junction(not even during a manuover) .,...and i didnt even get a minor 4 it,....i think my examiner was a laid back guy....lolol.....
Ok i actually passed a year ago now, but i thought i should just mention i failed 6 times! I feel at home in here!
ARGGGGH i failed my first driving test today =( 2 minors and 2 majors There was a FAT lorry loading on a narrow road so i was like..uhhh I don't think i can fit through this tiny gap..but apparently i cud and i did...T____________T. Also a van turned onto the road I was doing a reverse park in and i was suposed to wait for him to go around me but it was obvious that he had stopped to wait. I'm very very annoyed :mad: :mad:
Reply 1990
Just failed my first test :frown: Everything went fine, my maneuvers went fine, got 9 minors so i would've passed if it wasn't for him giving me two majors for not leaving enough time for on coming traffic. Grr, I was so thinking that I'd passed as well, because in my opinion I left plenty of room for me to pass, they are so picky.
AT82
It may depend on the exact circumstances I guess but I always understood it was a clear cut fail.

same, which is why it confused me so... in another test i actually drove OVER a corner at a junction and still only got a minor :biggrin:

i think my instructor said that mounting the curb during a manouvre is an absolute fail, and that if you mount the curb in another part of the test, so long as you correct it (i.e. so long as i hadn't actually parked half up the pavement), you can get away with a minor. plus i suppose they'd allow for nerves too if it was near the beginning of the test.
Reply 1992
m90
Just failed my first test :frown: Everything went fine, my maneuvers went fine, got 9 minors so i would've passed if it wasn't for him giving me two majors for not leaving enough time for on coming traffic. Grr, I was so thinking that I'd passed as well, because in my opinion I left plenty of room for me to pass, they are so picky.

Its so hard as you can also fail if you wait too long. Sometimes you just cannot win.
Reply 1993
Pippaaa
same, which is why it confused me so... in another test i actually drove OVER a corner at a junction and still only got a minor :biggrin:

i think my instructor said that mounting the curb during a manouvre is an absolute fail, and that if you mount the curb in another part of the test, so long as you correct it (i.e. so long as i hadn't actually parked half up the pavement), you can get away with a minor. plus i suppose they'd allow for nerves too if it was near the beginning of the test.

Yeah :smile:

Its good to know, I might try and driving on the pavement in my test, and explain to my examiner its a traffic calming measure.
Reply 1994
i failed just this morning... was my second attempt. Everything had gone fine until a round about just before turning back into the test centre to finish the test. I thought I had failed for speeding (but i hadnt) so i kinda switched off.. and the gear got jammed at this roundabout and resulted on me hitting the curb and going onto it... i failed for this. If i hadnt gone onto the curb i would have passed :frown: i just get too nervous. any1 got any tips for nervousness before a test?

failed my first test for not checking my blindspot a second time on reverse round the corner... my instructor said he would have bet on my passing first time. But here i am searching for a 3rd test date:frown:

Richy
Reply 1995
Failed this afternoon; my 3rd time!
I really feel like giving up now; I drove fine but they're too stringent & harsh. I can't exactly drive perfect all in one go.

Got a few minors for observation, steering & meeting point. A major for speed. Total of 9 faults.
But considering I didn't actually crash into anything, didn't stall and my maneuvers were all good, WTF seriously. I checked all the blindspots, mirrors, constant concentration, what more do they want, jeez. I obviously have adequate control of the vehicle.

As for speeding, it wasn't too much and I corrected it each time by using the footbrake, FFS.
I don't mind failing but the expense is just absurd. How can they sleep at night? Stop wasting my money, please.
ive jsut come back from failing my second test.

7 minors and one major for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing despite the one pedestrian having the presence of a cat burgular whilst hiding behind a parked car. what a ********....

anyways onward and upward..... said whilst in a major depression.
wow aint been on here for sum time now. had my first ever test on tuesday teh 1st and passed with 3 minors. Now i just have to find a way to pay this 2500 pound insurance for my golf gti.
i failed my 2nd test on 8 minors and 1 major.. which was for slightly touching the curb ONCE on a manouvre! the inconsistency of the system! i felt so cheated! better luck for you next time though, i failed on the same thing as you on my 3rd test. FOURTH time lucky hopefully :p:
Reply 1999
I failed also on my second attempt. I got 2 minors and one seriouse.. How annoying :frown: i went 40 on a 30 road that wasnt sign posted.. I suppose we learn on our mistakes, I just keep getting seriouses>...

Latest

Trending

Trending